In landing the fourth and final spot in the 2020 College Football Playoff, Notre Dame earned their second bid in the last three years and denied Texas A&M their first playoff appearance. In doing so, there were zero first-time participants for the first time in the seven-year history of the four-team field.
Eleven different teams have made the playoff, several of whom are in line for a potential return in 2021. If this year’s field isn’t composed entirely of repeat participants, which team will make their first appearance?
This week on High Motor by BetMGM, we made 20 college football predictions for 2021, including predicting the most likely first-time playoff team:
- 1. Which under-.500 team from 2020 is most likely to win 10 games in 2021?
- 2. Which team with a win total of fewer than 6 is most likely to finish in the top ~40?
- 3. Which 10-win team won't be THAT good?
- 4. Which preseason top-10 team is most likely to implode?
- 5. Which coach will be fired first?
- 6. Which Power Five program are you most certain will have a new coach in 2022?
- 7. Which four teams will make the playoff?
- 8. What's your favorite win total bet in college football betting?
- 9. What's your favorite non-win total futures bet?
- 10. Over/Under on 8.5 wins for Notre Dame?
- 11. What will be the playoff debate everyone is having during the final weeks of the season?
- 12. Who's the most likely first-time playoff team?
- 13. Who will be the top three G5 teams, in order, in the final playoff rankings?
- 14. Who will win Big 12 Coach of the Year?
- 15. Who's the most likely conference champion from this group: UCLA, Iowa, Miami, Texas A&M, Oklahoma State, Houston, Kent State, FAU, San Diego State, or Troy?
- 16. What will be the three best divisions in 2021?
- 17. Will there be zero playoff stakes in the Clemson-Georgia game?
- 18. What will be the most shocking Week 1 upset?
- 19. What's your favorite Week 1 bet?
- 20. What will be the game of the year?
Place College Football Wagers at BetMGM
At BetMGM, you can bet on college football odds throughout the season. Whether you’re betting from your computer with online sports betting or your phone with mobile sports betting, you have access to live sports betting, national championship odds, and more. Check out the best online sportsbook today to place a college football bet.