The San Francisco 49ers (0-0) square off against the Detroit Lions (0-0) on Sunday, September 12, 2021 at Ford Field. The 49ers are considerable favorites in this one, with the spread posted at 7.5 points. The over/under is set at 46 in the contest. Click here to bet on San Francisco vs Detroit and other NFL games with BetMGM.
Where to watch
- Game Day: Sunday, September 12, 2021
- Game Time: 1:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: FOX
- Location: Detroit, Michigan
- Stadium: Ford Field
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Betting on the 49ers
- San Francisco put together a 7-9-0 ATS record last year.
- The 49ers were favored by 7.5 points or more last season twice, and failed to cover both times.
- Last season, the combined scoring went over the point total eight times in San Francisco's games.
- Based on this contest's moneyline, the 49ers have an implied win probability of 77.8%.
- The 49ers were favored on the moneyline eight total times last season. They went 2-6 in those games.
- San Francisco played as a moneyline favorite of -350 or shorter in just two games last season, and they lost both.
Betting on the Lions
- Detroit went 7-9-0 ATS last season.
- The Lions were an underdog by 7.5 points or more three times last year, and covered the spread in one of those contests.
- Detroit and its opponents combined to go over the point total 10 out of 16 times last year.
- The sportsbooks' moneyline implies a 26.3% chance of a victory for the Lions.
- The Lions were underdogs in 12 games last season and won three (25%) of those contests.
- Last season, Detroit was at least a +280 underdog on the moneyline three times, losing each of those contests.
Betting on the Total - What to Look For
- San Francisco's 16 games last season went over this contest's total of 46 points six times.
- Detroit combined with its opponent to score more than 46 points in 14 of 16 games last season.
- The teams combined to score 47.1 points per game last season, 1.1 more points than this matchup's total.
- Combined, these teams allowed 56.8 points per contest last year, 10.8 more points than the over/under for this game.
- The 49ers had an average total of 47.1 in their matchups last season, 1.1 more points than the over/under for this game.
- The average over/under for Lions outings last year was 50.9, 4.9 more points than this game's point total.
49ers Key Players
- Jimmy Garoppolo collected 1,096 passing yards (137 yards per game) with a 67.1% completion percentage last year (94-of-140), while throwing seven touchdowns and five interceptions.
- Raheem Mostert rushed for 521 yards on 104 carries (52.1 yards per game) while scoring two touchdowns a season ago. He also averaged 15.6 receiving yards per game, grabbing 16 passes for 156 yards and one touchdown.
- JaMycal Hasty amassed 148 rushing yards on 39 carries (18.5 yards per game), with one touchdown on the ground, last year.
- Last season, Brandon Aiyuk was targeted 96 times and had 60 catches for 748 yards (46.8 ypg) with five touchdowns.
- George Kittle also contributed with 48 catches for 634 yards and two touchdowns last year. He was targeted 63 times and averaged 63.4 receiving yards per game.
- Deebo Samuel caught 33 passes on 44 targets for 391 yards and one touchdown, averaging 30.1 yards per game last season.
- Last season, Samson Ebukam racked up 4.5 sacks, five TFL and 44 tackles.
- Fred Warner racked up 170 tackles, six TFL, one sack, and two interceptions over the course of his last campaign.
- Last season, Jason Verrett hauled in two interceptions and added 70 tackles, two TFL, and seven passes defended.
49ers Injuries: Jason Verrett: Out (Hamstring), Brandon Aiyuk: Questionable (Hamstring), Ben Garland: Questionable (Ankle), Deebo Samuel: Out (Foot)
Lions Key Players
- Jared Goff threw for 3,952 yards while completing 67% of his passes (370-of-552), with 20 touchdowns and 13 interceptions last year (247 yards per game).
- D'Andre Swift took 114 attempts for 521 rushing yards a season ago (32.6 yards per game) while scoring eight touchdowns. He also caught 46 passes for 357 yards (22.3 receiving yards per game) with two touchdowns through the air.
- Jamaal Williams amassed 505 rushing yards on 119 carries (31.6 yards per game), with two touchdowns on the ground last season.
- T.J. Hockenson reeled in 67 passes for 723 yards last season with six touchdowns. He was targeted 101 times, and averaged 45.2 yards per game.
- Quintez Cephus racked up 349 yards on 20 catches with two touchdowns in 2020, averaging 21.8 yards per game (on 35 targets).
- Last season Romeo Okwara piled up 10 sacks, 14 TFL and 56 tackles.
- Over his 2020 campaign, Jamie Collins Sr. collected 147 tackles, 6.5 TFL, one sack, and one interception.
- Dean Marlowe intercepted two passes and tacked on 28 tackles, 2.5 TFL, 1.5 sacks, and three passes defended last season.
Lions Injuries: Jeff Okudah: Questionable (Hamstring), Hunter Bryant: Out (Hamstring), Darryl Roberts: Questionable (Groin), Kenny Golladay: Doubtful (Hamstring), Julian Okwara: Questionable (Knee), Danny Amendola: Questionable (Hamstring), Da'Shawn Hand: Questionable (Groin), C.J. Moore: Out (Hamstring), Halapoulivaati Vaitai: Out (Foot)
This article powered by Data Skrive.