Clayton KershawOctober 2, 1988
2020 Earnings: $17 million ($16.3 million salary/prize winnings, $650,000 endorsements)
Networth: Estimated $60 million
- Kershaw is a three time winner of the Cy Young Awards, claiming the award in 2011, 2013, and 2014.
- Many aspiring professional athletes take advantage of college scholarships to get additional practice for their potential sporting career, while also furthering their education. Kershaw wasnt having any of that and turned down a scholarship to Texas A&M University so he could sign up with the Los Angeles Dodgers. He received a $2.3 million signing bonus, which broke previous draft records at the time.
- Kershaw fans will already know this, but hes also known on the field as The Claw. Whether its a combination of his first and second name, or came into existence for another reason, its undoubtedly a fantastic nickname for this star pitcher.
- Clayton didnt only win one award three times "“ hes actually won two. He claimed the Major League Baseball All-Star Award for three years, and what might be even more impressive is he did it three years in a row. He won the award in 2011, 2012, and 2013.
- In 2011, Kershaw met a young girl called Hope from Zambia who was HIV positive. He didnt only do what he could to help the young girl, who he sponsored through a ministry organization, he went on to form Kershaws Challenge. This group provides support for at-risk children in Dallas, Los Angeles, the Dominican Republic, and Zambia.