Cristiano RonaldoSeptember 25, 1985
2020 Earnings: $105 million ($60 million salary/prize winnings, $45 million endorsements)
Networth: Estimated $500 million
- As a child, Ronaldo was expelled from school after he threw a chair at a teacher. After this event, his mother decided that her son should focus on football, which is how he got to where he is today.
- This exceptional soccer talent has received numerous awards across his career. Some of his individual awards include FIFA World Player of the Year, UEFA Best Player in Europe Award, the European Golden Shoe, and Serie A Footballer of the Year.
- Cristiano has built his own brand, CR7, which includes a clothing line, as well as a number of hotels. There are rumors that Ronaldo also plans to open restaurants in Brazil under this brand.
- Ronaldo is one of only three athletes to sign a lifetime endorsement deal with Nike. The other people whove also signed similar agreements are NBA stars Michael Jordan and LeBron James.
- The soccer megastar undoubtedly has a generous side, and has committed millions of his earnings to various charitable causes. He recently donated almost $1.3 million to combating the coronavirus pandemic, and also convinced the Portuguese team to donate 50% of their bonuses towards managing COVID-19.