Gerrit ColeJuly 3, 1990
2020 Earnings: $13.8 million ($13.3 million salary/prize winnings, $500,000 endorsements)
Networth: Estimated $50 million
- Cole came out swinging for his debut, striking out the first batter he faced in three pitches. His final recorded pitch blazed past his opponent at 99 miles per hour.
- As a professional player, Gerrit has been selected for the All-Star game 3 times. He was first selected in 2015, then 2018, and again last year in 2019. Hes also been recognized with an All-MLB First Team, AL ERA leader, and MLB strikeout leader award. All three of these were awarded to him in 2019.
- Gerrit Cole was recognized as a top free agent pitcher, and he got a contract worthy of the position. In December 2019, Cole signed a $324 million dollar deal with the Yankees. This 9 year contract would see Gerrit receiving $36 million dollars a year! That number may have been cut due to the restructured 2020 season, but thats still more money than some teams will be earning this year.
- He racked up 300 strikeouts during the 2019 season, beating his previous record of 200 in 2018.
- Cole and his wife have worked with Uncork for a Cause, a wine event that helps raise funds for those in need. They have also made significant contributions to fighting the coronavirus pandemic through their charity, the Gerrit and Amy Cole Foundation.