Jon LesterSeptember 25, 1984
2020 Earnings: $15.8 million ($15.6 million salary/prize winnings, $250,000 endorsements)
Networth: Estimated $50 million
- Jon Lester joined the MLB draft straight out of high school, and was picked in the 2002 draft.
- The Red Sox walked away with a 7-0 victory after Jon successfully pitched a no-hitter against the Kansas City Royals. Nine batters were struck out and two walked by the end of his epic performance.
- Lester is also a 5 time All-Star pick, as well as 3 time World Series Champion. He helped claim the title in 2007, 2013, and 2016.
- On September 3, 2006, Lester was diagnosed with Lymphoma. He had been experiencing pain for a few weeks, but assumed it would go away. As soon as the discovery was made Jon began treatment. He beat the cancer and returned to play in July 2007.
- After his very personal battle with cancer, Lester went on to launch "NVRQT" (Never Quit). This organization is dedicated to raising awareness and funds for childrens cancer research. The group raised $30 million in their first year.