Lionel MessiSeptember 26, 1987
2020 Earnings: $104 million ($72 million salary/prize winnings, $32 million endorsements)
Networth: Estimated $400 million
- We almost never got to know the great Lionel Messi that we know today. As a child he was diagnosed with growth hormone deficiency, which his fathers health insurance could only cover for a limited time. Thankfully, he was able to receive treatment a few years later.
- He played for Barcelonas Generation 87, or Baby Dream Team, which included the likes of Cesc Fabregas and Gerard Pique.
- This iconic star has received a number of awards over his career, including the FIFA World Cup Golden Ball, FIFA World Player of the Year, the European Golden Shoe, as well as Laureus World Sportsman of the Year.
- Despite being one of the highest paid soccer players, not much is known about Messis financial investments. He has his own clothing line and retailer, and in 2017 there were reports that his name would be associated with a soccer theme park in China.
- Messi has provided millions in charitable contributions towards various causes. He recently donated $1.1 million for COVID-19 relief via the Leo Messi Foundation, which is the main way the soccer player contributes back to society. Hes also donated over $200 thousand dollars toward UNICEF projects, as well as investing in healthcare programs across the world.