Mesut OzilSeptember 19, 1988
2020 Earnings: $28.7 million ($23.2 million salary/prize winnings, $5.5 million endorsements)
Networth: Estimated $100 million
- Ozil grew up in Bismarck, a poor working class district that didnt give one much hope growing up. But hes never forgotten his roots, an important lesson from his mother that has seen him embrace both his German and Turkish heritage, and reach out to those less fortunate than him.
- The German soccer stars awards include Kicker attacking midfielder of the year, IFFHS Worlds Best Playmaker Silver award, the best German Abroad from Kicker magazine, and UEFA European Championship Team of the Year award.
- At the end of 2018, Mesut and Mathieu Flamini launched a new business venture called Unity. The company would produce eco-friendly cosmetics.
- In 2013 Ozil was bought by Arsenal after making an impact with Real Madrid. The transfer fee was a record $65 million.
- His agent revealed that Mesut is heavily involved in many charitable programs, including paying for 1, 000 operations for children, and the feeding of thousands of homeless people in refugee camps in Turkey and Syria. He also works with the Rays of Sunshine childrens charity.