Nolan ArenadoMay 19, 1991
2020 Earnings: $13.7 million ($13 million salary/prize winnings, $700,000 endorsements)
Networth: Estimated $40 million
- The Rockies knew they had something special in Arenado when they drafted him, and he went on to become the youngest player in franchise history to score 100 home runs.
- His talent was also recognized by the league, having been selected for the All-Star team 5 times between 2015 and 2019. Hes also received the Gold Glove Award 7 times, the Platinum Glove Award 3 times, and the Silver Slugger Award 4 times!
- Not only that, but hes the first third baseman in MLB history to receive the Gold Glove for each of his first five seasons.
- In February 2019, Arenado set the record for annual salary at the time by signing a $260 million extension for 8 years with the Rockies. This put him at $31 million for each year of play, as well as being eligible for free agency after the 2021 season. This is also the biggest contract in the Rockies history.
- Arenado helped raise money for cancer research when he sent the ball flying into the Hit the Mitt for Charity canvas. As a result of his swing, $5000 was donated to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. He has also been involved with the Rockies Charity Nights.