Rafael NadalSeptember 24, 1986
2020 Earnings: $40 million ($14 million salary/prize winnings, $26 million endorsements)
Networth: Estimated $200 million
- He won an under-12 regional tennis championship at age 8, and the Spanish and European tennis titles in his age group at age 12. He was also a promising football player at the time, but his father made him choose between the two sports.
- Nadal has been the year-end No.1 five times, and has held the world No.1 ranking for 209 weeks in total.
- Nadal has won 85 career titles overall, including 19 Grand Slam singles titles, 21 ATP Tour 500 titles, 35 ATP Tour Masters 1000 titles, the 2008 Olympic gold medal in singles, and the 2016 Olympic gold medal in doubles.
- He owns (and trains at) the Rafa Nadal Sports Centre in Mallorca. The facility has 26 tennis courts, a sports residence, health clinic, fitness centre with a spa and cafe, as well as a Rafael Nadal museum. It is also home to the Rafa Nadal Tennis Academy.
- The Rafa Nadal Foundation was created in 2008 by Nadal and his mother. The project is based on sport as a tool for growth, with centres in Spain and India. The foundation assists an average of 800 children each year.