The Jacksonville Jaguars (1-13) take a 13-game losing streak into a matchup against the Chicago Bears (7-7) on Sunday, December 27, 2020 at TIAA Bank Field. Chicago is an 8.0-point favorite in the contest. The over/under is set at 46.5 for the game. Place your wager with BetMGM sports betting on Bears vs Jaguars and other week 16 NFL action HERE.
Where to Watch
- Game Day: Sunday, December 27, 2020
- Game Time: 1:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: CBS
- Location: Jacksonville, FL
- Stadium: TIAA Bank Field
NFL Bets from BetMGM
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Betting on the Bears
- Chicago has played in only six games that have gone above the point total (42.9% of its opportunities).
- Chicago has a 4-3 record against the spread on the road this year, and is 4-3 overall in away games.
- This year, Chicago is just 7-7 against the spread.
- The Bears have averaged 7.7 fewer points per game this season (22.5) than the Jaguars have allowed (30.2).
- When they meet or go over their scoring average this season, Chicago is 5-3 and 6-2 against the spread.
- Jacksonville is 1-6 overall and 5-2 against the spread this season in games where they allow fewer than 30.2 points.
Betting on the Jaguars
- Jacksonville’s games have hit the over in seven out of 14 outings this season (50%).
- Jacksonville has a losing 6-8 record against the spread.
- The average points per game output for the Jaguars this season, 19.6, is 3.1 fewer than the 22.7 the Bears have given up in each contest.
- In games where Jacksonville scores at least 19.6 points this season, they are 1-7 overall and 6-2 against the spread.
- When Chicago allows opposing offenses to put 22.7 points or fewer on the scoreboard this year, they are 4-2 overall and 3-3 against the spread.
- Jacksonville has just a 3-4 record against the spread at home this year, and is 1-6 overall in home games.
Betting on the Total – What to Look For
- The average total the Bears have had set in games this season is 1.3 fewer points than this outing’s point total.
- The average point total for the Jaguars this year is 3.4 points higher than this game’s over/under.
- The Bears and their opponents have scored more than this matchup’s over/under (46.5 points) in 42.9% of their games this year (six of 14 opportunities).
- Jacksonville and its opponents have added up to score at least 46.5 points in 64.3% of their games this year (nine of 14 chances).
- The two teams average a combined 4.4 fewer points per game (42.1) than this game’s over/under of 46.5 points.
- Opponents of these teams have averaged a combined 52.9 points per game, 6.4 more than the over/under for this matchup.
Bears Key Players
- Nick Foles has 1,852 passing yards (231.5 ypg) to lead Chicago, completing 65% of his passes and collecting touchdown 10 passes and eight interceptions over the course of eight games this season.
- David Montgomery’s team-high 906 rushing yards (69.7 per game) have come on 202 carries, with six touchdowns in 13 games this year. He’s also added 43 catches for 349 yards (26.8 per game) and two touchdowns.
- In 14 games this season, Cordarrelle Patterson has racked up 214 yards (15.3 per game) on 60 attempts with one touchdown.
- Allen Robinson II’s team-high 1,110 receiving yards (79.3 yards per game) have come on 90 catches (and 133 targets) with six touchdowns through 14 games.
- Darnell Mooney has collected 499 yards (35.6 yards per game) and four touchdowns, hauling in 46 passes on 78 targets in 14 games this year.
- Anthony Miller’s 45 catches have turned into 462 yards (33.0 ypg) and two touchdowns through 14 games played. He’s been targeted 71 times.
- Khalil Mack has 8.0 sacks to lead the team through 14 games, and also has 9.0 TFL, 44 tackles, and one interception.
- Roquan Smith is the team’s leading tackler through 14 games this year. He’s picked up 129 tackles, 17.0 TFL, and four sacks.
- Tashaun Gipson has picked off a team-leading two passes. He also has 62 tackles and five passes defended to his name over 14 games.
Bilal Nichols: Questionable (Knee),
Demetrius Harris: Doubtful (Foot),
Buster Skrine: Out (Concussion),
Deon Bush: Questionable (Foot),
Khalil Mack: Questionable (Shoulder),
Cordarrelle Patterson: Questionable (Knee),
Mario Edwards Jr.: Questionable (Hamstring),
Allen Robinson II: Questionable (Hamstring),
Jaylon Johnson: Out (Shoulder),
Akiem Hicks: Questionable (Ankle),
Duke Shelley: Questionable (Knee)
Jaguars Key Players
- Gardner Minshew has 2,259 passing yards (251.0 ypg) to lead Jacksonville, completing 66.1% of his passes and collecting touchdown 16 passes and five interceptions in nine games this season. He’s also helped out on the ground with 153 rushing yards (17.0 ypg) on 29 carries with one rushing touchdown.
- James Robinson’s team-high 1,070 rushing yards (76.4 per game) have come on 240 carries, with seven touchdowns in 14 games this year. He’s also tacked on 49 catches for 344 yards (24.6 per game) and three touchdowns.
- In nine games this season, Minshew has rushed for 153 yards (17.0 per game) on 29 carries with one touchdown.
- D.J. Chark’s 644 receiving yards paces all receivers on the team. He’s been targeted 87 times and has totaled 49 receptions and four touchdowns through 12 games (averaging 53.7 yards per game).
- Keelan Cole has caught 49 passes (on 75 targets) for 593 yards (42.4 yards per game) and five touchdowns over 14 games this year.
- Laviska Shenault Jr.’s 63 targets have resulted in 47 catches for 484 yards (40.3 ypg) and two touchdowns through 12 games played.
- Dawuane Smoot leads the team with 5.5 sacks. He’s also the team’s tackle leader, and has amassed 5.0 TFL and 22 tackles over the course of 14 games.
- Joe Schobert, Jacksonville’s top-tackler, has 124 tackles, 6.0 TFL, 1.5 sacks, and two interceptions in 14 games this year.
Collin Johnson: Out (Hamstring),
James Robinson: Questionable (Ankle),
Sidney Jones: Out (Achilles)