AFC East opponents meet when the Buffalo Bills (12-3) host the Miami Dolphins (10-5) on Sunday, January 3, 2021 Bills Stadium. Buffalo is favored by 1.5 points. The over/under is set at 42.0. Bet with BetMGM sports betting on Bills vs Dolphins and other week 17 NFL action HERE.
Where to Watch
- Game Day: Sunday, January 3, 2021
- Game Time: 1:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: CBS
- Location: Orchard Park, NY
- Stadium: Bills Stadium
BetMGM NFL betting lines
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Betting on the Bills
- Most of Buffalo’s games with a betting line — 10 out of 15 opportunities — have surpassed the point total (66.7%).
- Buffalo has a 5-2 record against the spread at home this year, and is 6-1 overall in home games.
- Buffalo has a 10-5 record against the spread this year.
- This season, the Bills are 7-4 ATS when favored by 1.5 points or more.
- The Bills, on average, score 10.9 more points per game this season (29.7) than the Dolphins allow (18.8).
- When they meet or outpace their scoring average this season, Buffalo is 7-1 and 7-1 against the spread.
- When the Miami defense allows 18.8 points or fewer this year, the Dolphins have put together a 7-0 overall record and a 7-0 record against the spread.
Betting on the Dolphins
- Most of Miami’s games this year — nine out of 15 — have failed to go over the point total (60%).
- Miami has put together an 11-4 record against the spread this season.
- The Dolphins are 4-2 ATS when an underdog by at least 1.5 points.
- Miami has a 4-3 record against the spread on the road this year, and is 5-2 overall in away games.
- The Bills defense has allowed 23.3 points per game this season, close to the same amount as the 25.2 the Dolphins have scored.
- In games where Miami scores at least 25.2 points this season, they are 6-2 overall and 7-1 against the spread.
- Buffalo is 8-0 overall and 6-2 against the spread this season in games where they allow fewer than 23.3 points.
Betting on the Total – What to Look For
- The Bills and their opponents have put up at least 42.0 points — this matchup’s over/under — in 13 of 15 outings (86.7%) this season.
- In nine of 15 outings (60%) this season, Miami has combined with its opponents to score at least 42.0 points.
- The Bills and the Dolphins combine to average 12.9 more points per game than the total of 42.0 set for this game.
- Opponents of these two teams have averaged a combined 42.1 points per game, 0.1 more than the over/under in this matchup.
- The average over/under the Bills have had set in matchups this season is 10.9 more points than this outing’s point total.
- Dolphins games this year have averaged an over/under of 44 points, 2.0 more than the point total in this matchup.
Bills Key Players
- Josh Allen leads Buffalo with 4,322 passing yards (288.1 ypg) on 378-of-547 with 34 touchdowns against nine interceptions over 15 games this season. He also adds 417 rushing yards (27.8 ypg) on 100 carries while scoring eight touchdowns on the ground.
- Devin Singletary has carried the ball 153 times for a team-high 679 yards (45.3 per game), with two touchdowns in 15 games this year. He’s also tacked on 37 catches for 263 yards (17.5 per game).
- In 12 games this season, Zack Moss has piled up 473 yards (39.4 per game) on 109 carries with four touchdowns.
- Stefon Diggs’ 1,459 receiving yards (97.3 yards per game) leads the team through 15 games. He has 120 receptions on 160 targets with eight touchdowns.
- Cole Beasley has racked up 967 yards (64.5 yards per game) and four touchdowns, reeling in 82 passes on 107 targets over 15 games this year.
- Gabriel Davis’ 57 targets have resulted in 33 grabs for 492 yards (32.8 ypg) and six touchdowns through 15 games played.
- Mario Addison has racked up 5.0 sacks to pace the team through 15 games, while also picking up 7.0 TFL and 28 tackles.
- Jordan Poyer, Buffalo’s tackle leader, has 117 tackles, 4.0 TFL, two sacks, and two interceptions in 15 games this year.
- Tre’Davious White has a team-leading three interceptions to go along with 59 tackles, 2.0 TFL, 1.5 sacks, and 11 passes defended over 14 games.
Reggie Gilliam: Out (Knee),
Cole Beasley: Out (Knee)
Dolphins Key Players
- Tua Tagovailoa leads Miami with 1,453 passing yards (161.4 ypg) on 151-of-232 with 10 touchdowns against two interceptions in nine games this season.
- The team’s top rusher, Myles Gaskin, has carried the ball 135 times for 564 yards (51.3 per game), with two touchdowns in 11 games this year. He’s also caught 37 passes for 331 yards (30.1 per game) and two touchdowns.
- In five games this season, Salvon Ahmed has rushed for 290 yards (58.0 per game) on 69 carries with two touchdowns.
- DeVante Parker’s team-high 677 receiving yards (52.1 yards per game) have come on 56 catches (and 89 targets) with four touchdowns through 13 games.
- Mike Gesicki has caught 48 passes (on 75 targets) for 656 yards (46.9 yards per game) and six touchdowns in 14 games this year.
- Jakeem Grant’s 54 targets have resulted in 36 grabs for 373 yards (26.6 ypg) and one touchdown through 14 games played.
- Emmanuel Ogbah leads, who paces the team in sacks and tackles, has racked up 9.0 sacks, 6.0 TFL and 42 tackles over the course of 15 games.
- Jerome Baker is the team’s leading tackler through 15 games this year. He’s racked up 105 tackles, 7.0 TFL, and seven sacks.
- Xavien Howard leads the team with nine interceptions, while also recording 47 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and 19 passes defended over 15 games.
Shaq Lawson: Questionable (Shoulder),
Jakeem Grant: Questionable (Ankle),
Kamu Grugier-Hill: Out (Illness),
DeVante Parker: Questionable (Hamstring),
Solomon Kindley: Questionable (Knee)