The Buffalo Bills (11-3) are 7.5-point favorites when they visit the New England Patriots (6-8) in an AFC East matchup on Monday, December 28, 2020 at Gillette Stadium. The point total is set at 47.0. Place your wager with BetMGM’s online sportsbook on Bills vs Patriots and other week 16 NFL action HERE.
Where to Watch
- Game Day: Monday, December 28, 2020
- Game Time: 8:15 PM ET
- TV Channel: ESPN
- Location: Foxborough, MA
- Stadium: Gillette Stadium
Bet the Game with BetMGM
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Betting on the Bills
- This season, Buffalo’s games have gone over the point total in 10 out of 14 opportunities.
- Buffalo’s record against the spread in away games this year is 4-3, and its record on the road overall is 5-2.
- Buffalo has a 9-5 record against the spread this year.
- This season, the Bills have a losing ATS record of 0-1 when playing as at least 7.5-point favorites.
- The Bills have put an average of 29.1 points per game on the scoreboard this season, 7.6 more than the 21.5 the Patriots have surrendered in each contest.
- In games where Buffalo score at least 29.1 points this season, they are 6-1 overall and 6-1 against the spread.
- When the New England defense allows 21.5 points or fewer this year, the Patriots have accumulated a 5-1 overall record and a 5-1 record against the spread.
Betting on the Patriots
- New England has put together a losing 6-8 record against the spread this season.
- The Patriots have a split ATS record of 1-1 when an underdog by at least 7.5 points.
- Just 10 of New England’s 14 games this year have gone over the point total (28.6% of its opportunities).
- The Patriots have averaged 3.7 fewer points per game this season (20.6) than the Bills have allowed (24.3).
- New England is 5-2 overall and 5-2 against the spread when they score at least 20.6 points this season.
- When Buffalo allows opposing offenses to put 24.3 points or fewer on the scoreboard this year, they are 8-0 overall and 6-2 against the spread.
- New England is 4-2 against the spread in home games this year, and is 4-2 overall at home.
Betting on the Total – What to Look For
- The Bills and their opponents have scored at least 47.0 points — this matchup’s point total — in eight of 14 opportunities (57.1%) this year.
- The Patriots have played in four games this year (out of 14 total matchups — 28.6% of chances) where they combined with their opponents to score more than 47.0 points.
- The two teams average a combined 2.7 more points per game (49.7) than this game’s over/under of 47.0 points.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 1.2 fewer points per game (45.8) than this matchup’s over/under of 47.0 points.
- The average point total for Bills games this season is 6.4 more points than the total of 47.0 in this matchup.
- The average over/under in Patriots games this season is 4.9 less points than the point total of 47.0 in this outing.
Bills Key Players
- Josh Allen leads Buffalo with 4,002 passing yards (285.9 ypg) on 351-of-511 with 30 touchdowns against nine interceptions over the course of 14 games this season. He also adds 382 rushing yards (27.3 ypg) on 96 carries while scoring eight touchdowns on the ground.
- Devin Singletary has carried the ball 143 times for a team-high 643 yards (45.9 per game), with two touchdowns in 14 games this year. He’s also tacked on 35 catches for 247 yards (17.6 per game).
- In 11 games this season, Zack Moss has racked up 416 yards (37.8 per game) on 97 attempts with three touchdowns.
- Stefon Diggs’ 1,314 receiving yards (93.9 yards per game) leads the team through 14 games. He has 111 receptions on 149 targets with five touchdowns.
- Cole Beasley has put together a 950-yard season so far (67.9 yards per game) with four touchdowns, reeling in 79 passes on 102 targets over 14 games.
- Gabriel Davis’ 52 targets have resulted in 30 grabs for 459 yards (32.8 ypg) and six touchdowns through 14 games played.
- Mario Addison has 5.0 sacks to pace the team through 14 games, and also has 7.0 TFL and 25 tackles.
- Jordan Poyer is the team’s leading tackler through 14 games this year. He’s collected 113 tackles, 4.0 TFL, two sacks, and two interceptions.
- Tre’Davious White has a team-leading three interceptions to go along with 57 tackles, 2.0 TFL, 1.5 sacks, and 11 passes defended over 13 games.
Reggie Gilliam: Out (Knee),
Jaquan Johnson: Questionable (Ankle),
Ty Nsekhe: Questionable (Groin)
Patriots Key Players
- Cam Newton has 2,381 passing yards (170.1 ypg) to lead New England, completing 65.9% of his passes and recording touchdown five passes and 10 interceptions over 14 games this season. He’s also helped out on the ground with 489 rushing yards (34.9 ypg) on 122 carries with 11 rushing touchdowns.
- The team’s top rusher, Damien Harris, has carried the ball 137 times for 691 yards (69.1 per game), with two touchdowns in 10 games this year.
- In 14 games this season, Newton has rushed for 489 yards (34.9 per game) on 122 carries with 11 touchdowns.
- Jakobi Meyers’ 616 receiving yards paces all receivers on the team. He’s been targeted 68 times and has collected 49 catches through 12 games (averaging 51.3 yards per game).
- Damiere Byrd has put together a 590-yard season so far (42.1 yards per game) with one touchdown, hauling in 45 passes on 70 targets over 14 games.
- James White’s 52 targets have resulted in 42 grabs for 321 yards (26.8 ypg) through 12 games played.
- Chase Winovich paces, the team’s tackle and sacks leader, has racked up 3.5 sacks, 4.0 TFL, 37 tackles, and one interception over the course of 14 games.
- Adrian Phillips is the team’s leading tackler through 14 games this year. He’s collected 99 tackles, 7.0 TFL, one sack, and two interceptions.
Jonathan Jones: Questionable (Neck),
Anfernee Jennings: Questionable (Shoulder),
Shaq Mason: Questionable (Calf),
Adam Butler: Questionable (Shoulder),
David Andrews: Questionable (Calf),
Matthew Slater: Questionable (Knee),
J.J. Taylor: Questionable (Quadricep),
John Simon: Questionable (Hamstring),
Byron Cowart: Questionable (Back),
Shilique Calhoun: Questionable (Knee),
Justin Herron: Questionable (Ankle),
Jermaine Eluemunor: Questionable (Ankle),
J.C. Jackson: Questionable (Knee),
Joe Cardona: Questionable (Ankle),
Lawrence Guy: Questionable (Shoulder),
Tashawn Bower: Questionable (Ankle),
Ja’Whaun Bentley: Questionable (Shoulder),
Jordan Thomas: Out (Not Injury Related),
Damien Harris: Questionable (Ankle),
Donte Moncrief: Questionable (Thigh),
Nick Folk: Questionable (Back)