Oddsmakers project a competitive game when the Las Vegas Raiders (7-8) visit the Denver Broncos (5-10) on Sunday, January 3, 2021 in a matchup between AFC West foes at Empower Field at Mile High. Las Vegas is favored by 2.5 points. The over/under is set at 50.5. Make a pick with the best online sportsbook on Raiders vs Broncos and other week 17 NFL action HERE.
Where to Watch
- Game Day: Sunday, January 3, 2021
- Game Time: 4:25 PM ET
- TV Channel: CBS
- Location: Denver, CO
- Stadium: Empower Field at Mile High
BetMGM NFL betting lines
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Betting on the Raiders
- Las Vegas has a 4-3 record against the spread on the road this year, and is 5-2 overall in away games.
- Las Vegas has an 8-7 record against the spread this year.
- This season, the Raiders have a losing ATS record of 2-3 when projected as at least 2.5-point favorites.
- This season, Las Vegas’ games have gone over the point total in 12 out of 15 opportunities.
- The Broncos defense has allowed 27.6 points per game this season, about the same amount as the 26.8 the Raiders have scored.
- When they meet or go over their scoring average this season, Las Vegas is 6-3 and 6-3 against the spread.
- When the Denver defense allows 27.6 points or fewer this year, the Broncos have pieced together a 3-4 overall record and a 6-1 record against the spread.
Betting on the Broncos
- Just eight of Denver’s 15 games this year have gone over the point total (46.7% of its outings).
- Denver has compiled an 8-7 record against the spread this season.
- Denver is just 3-4 against the spread in home games this year, and is 2-5 overall at home.
- The average points per game output for the Broncos this season, 19.5, is 10.3 fewer than the 29.8 the Raiders have given up in each contest.
- In games where Denver scores at least 19.5 points this season, they are 4-2 overall and 5-1 against the spread.
- Las Vegas is 5-1 overall and 5-1 against the spread this season in games where they allow fewer than 29.8 points.
Betting on the Total – What to Look For
- The average over/under the Raiders have had set in matchups this year is 6.1 more points than this outing’s point total.
- The average total in Broncos games this year is 3.4 less points than the point total of 50.5 for this outing.
- The Raiders and their opponents have recorded more than this matchup’s over/under (50.5 points) in 80% of their games this season (12 of 15 opportunities).
- Denver has played in six games this year (out of 15 total matchups — 40% of chances) where they and their opponents combined to score more than 50.5 points.
- These teams average a combined 46.3 points per game, 4.2 less points than the total of 50.5 set for this matchup.
- The Raiders and the Broncos have seen their opponents average a combined 6.9 more points per game than the point total of 50.5 set in this game.
Raiders Key Players
- Derek Carr has 3,731 passing yards (248.7 ypg) to lead Las Vegas, completing 67.6% of his passes and collecting touchdown 25 passes and seven interceptions in 15 games this season.
- Josh Jacobs’ team-high 975 rushing yards (69.6 per game) have come on 258 carries, with 10 touchdowns in 14 games this year. He’s also tacked on 33 catches for 238 yards (17.0 per game).
- In 15 games this season, Devontae Booker has piled up 407 yards (27.1 per game) on 88 attempts with three touchdowns.
- Darren Waller’s team-high 1,078 receiving yards (71.9 yards per game) have come on 98 catches (and 136 targets) with eight touchdowns through 15 games.
- Nelson Agholor has collected 839 yards (55.9 yards per game) and eight touchdowns, hauling in 47 passes on 78 targets in 15 games this year.
- Hunter Renfrow’s 69 targets have resulted in 53 grabs for 632 yards (42.1 ypg) and two touchdowns through 15 games played.
- Maxx Crosby has 6.0 sacks to pace the team through 15 games, and also has 12.0 TFL and 34 tackles.
- Johnathan Abram is the team’s top-tackler through 13 games this year. He’s amassed 75 tackles, 3.0 TFL, and two interceptions.
- Jeff Heath has picked off a team-high three passes. He also has 32 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and three passes defended to his name over 12 games.
Denzelle Good: Questionable (Ankle),
Lamarcus Joyner: Questionable (Thigh),
Trent Brown: Out (Knee),
Maurice Hurst: Questionable (Calf)
Broncos Key Players
- Drew Lock leads Denver with 2,594 passing yards (199.5 ypg) on 229-of-402 with 14 touchdowns against 15 interceptions over the course of 13 games this season. He also adds 153 rushing yards (11.8 ypg) on 42 carries while scoring three touchdowns on the ground.
- The team’s top rusher, Melvin Gordon III, has carried the ball 189 times for 893 yards (63.8 per game), with eight touchdowns in 14 games this year.
- In 13 games this season, Lock has racked up 153 yards (11.8 per game) on 42 carries with three touchdowns.
- Jerry Jeudy’s 716 receiving yards leads all receivers on the team. He’s been targeted 106 times and has registered 47 catches and two touchdowns through 15 games (averaging 47.7 yards per game).
- Tim Patrick has hauled in 49 passes (on 75 targets) for 696 yards (49.7 yards per game) and six touchdowns in 14 games this year.
- Noah Fant’s 87 targets have resulted in 58 grabs for 625 yards (44.6 ypg) and three touchdowns through 14 games played.
- Malik Reed paces, the team’s tackle and sacks leader, has racked up 7.5 sacks, 8.0 TFL and 50 tackles over the course of 15 games.
- Alexander Johnson, Denver’s leading tackler, has 114 tackles, 4.0 TFL, and one sack in 15 games this year.
Graham Glasgow: Questionable (Shoulder),
Bradley Chubb: Questionable (Ankle),
Anthony Chickillo: Questionable (Ribs),
LeVante Bellamy: Questionable (Ankle),
Trey Marshall: Questionable (Quadricep),
KJ Hamler: Out (Concussion)