The New York Giants (5-8) will attempt to defy oddsmakers when they square off against the Cleveland Browns (9-4) on Sunday, December 20, 2020 as 6.5-point underdogs. The point total is set at 44.5 for the outing. Make a pick with BetMGM's online sportsbook on Browns vs Giants and other week 15 NFL action HERE.
Where to Watch
- Game Day: Sunday, December 20, 2020
- Game Time: 8:20 PM ET
- TV Channel: NBC
- Location: East Rutherford, NJ
- Stadium: MetLife Stadium
Online Betting with BetMGM
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Betting on the Browns
- This year, Cleveland has compiled a losing 5-8 record against the spread.
- This season, the Browns are 1-1 ATS when projected as at least 6.5-point favorites.
- This season, Cleveland's games have gone over the point total in eight out of 13 opportunities.
- The Browns have put an average of 26.8 points per game on the scoreboard this season, 4.4 more than the 22.4 the Giants have surrendered in each contest.
- When they meet or outpace their scoring average this season, Cleveland is 7-1 and 4-4 against the spread.
- When the New York defense allows 22.4 points or fewer this year, the Giants have accumulated a 5-3 overall record and a 6-2 record against the spread.
- Cleveland's record against the spread in away games this year is just 2-4, and its record on the road overall is 4-2.
Betting on the Giants
- New York has put together an 8-5 record against the spread this season.
- The Giants have a losing ATS record of 0-1 when playing as at least 6.5-point underdogs.
- Most of New York's games this year -- nine out of 13 -- have not gone over the point total (69.2%).
- The Giants have averaged 10 fewer points per game this season (18.3) than the Browns have allowed (28.3).
- New York is 4-3 overall and 5-2 against the spread when they score at least 18.3 points this season.
- Cleveland is 5-1 overall and 3-3 against the spread this season in games where they allow fewer than 28.3 points.
- New York is just 2-4 against the spread in home games this year, and is 2-4 overall at home.
Betting on the Total - What to Look For
- In 69.2% of their opportunities this year (nine of 13 chances), the Browns and their opponents have put up more than this matchup's point total of 44.5 points.
- New York and its opponents have added up to score at least 44.5 points in 23.1% of their matchups this year (three of 13 chances).
- The Browns and the Giants combine to average 0.6 more points per game than the over/under of 44.5 set for this matchup.
- The Browns and the Giants have seen their opponents average a combined 6.2 more points per game than the point total of 44.5 set for this outing.
- The average over/under the Browns have had set in games this year is 10.6 more points than this outing's point total.
- The average point total for the Giants this year is 3.8 points lower than this game's over/under.
Browns Key Players
- Baker Mayfield has 2,785 passing yards (214.2 ypg) to lead Cleveland, completing 62.3% of his passes and recording touchdown 23 passes and eight interceptions over the course of 13 games this season.
- Nick Chubb's team-high 881 rushing yards (97.9 per game) have come on 150 carries, with nine touchdowns in nine games this year.
- In 13 games this season, Kareem Hunt has rushed for 772 yards (59.4 per game) on 177 carries with five touchdowns, while also catching 31 passes for 252 yards (19.4 per game) and five touchdowns.
- Jarvis Landry's team-leading 728 receiving yards (56.0 yards per game) have come on 60 receptions (and 87 targets) with two touchdowns through 13 games.
- Rashard Higgins has put up a 468-yard season so far (42.5 yards per game) with four touchdowns, reeling in 31 passes on 44 targets in 11 games.
- Marvin Hall's 17 grabs are good enough for 290 yards (26.4 ypg) and two touchdowns through 11 games played. He's been targeted 30 times.
- Myles Garrett has collected 10.5 sacks to lead the team through 13 games, while also recording 9.0 TFL and 36 tackles.
- In 13 games this season, B.J. Goodson has been all over the field, leading the team in both tackles and interceptions. He has 84 tackles, 2.0 TFL, 0.5 sacks, and two interceptions so far.
Browns:Andrew Sendejo: Out (Concussion),Wyatt Teller: Out (Ankle),David Njoku: Questionable (Knee),Denzel Ward: Questionable (Calf),Austin Hooper: Questionable (Neck),KhaDarel Hodge: Questionable (Hamstring),Kevin Johnson: Questionable (Groin)
Giants Key Players
- Daniel Jones has 2,462 passing yards (205.2 ypg) to lead New York, completing 62.6% of his passes and tossing touchdown eight passes and nine interceptions over the course of 12 games this season. He's also helped out on the ground with 403 rushing yards (33.6 ypg) on 55 carries with one rushing touchdown.
- Wayne Gallman's team-high 561 rushing yards (46.8 per game) have come on 121 carries, with six touchdowns in 12 games this year.
- In 12 games this season, Jones has piled up 403 yards (33.6 per game) on 55 attempts with one touchdown.
- Darius Slayton's 629 receiving yards leads all receivers on the team. He's been targeted 76 times and has collected 42 catches and three touchdowns through 13 games (averaging 48.4 yards per game).
- Evan Engram has put up a 526-yard season so far (40.5 yards per game) with one touchdown, reeling in 50 passes on 88 targets over 13 games.
- Sterling Shepard's 45 grabs (on 61 targets) have netted him 416 yards (46.2 ypg) and one touchdown through nine games played.
- Leonard Williams paces the team with 8.5 sacks through 13 games, and also has 10.0 TFL and 42 tackles.
- In 13 games this season, Blake Martinez has been all over the field, leading the team in both tackles and interceptions. He has 117 tackles, 6.0 TFL, two sacks, and one interception so far.
Giants:Daniel Jones: Questionable (Hamstring),Kaden Smith: Questionable (Knee),Evan Engram: Questionable (Calf),Darnay Holmes: Out (Knee)