The New York Jets (1-13) are 6.5-point underdogs heading into their matchup on Sunday, December 27, 2020 against the Cleveland Browns (10-4). The game has a point total of 43.5. Bet with the best online sportsbook on Browns vs Jets and other week 16 NFL action HERE.
Where to Watch
- Game Day: Sunday, December 27, 2020
- Game Time: 1:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: CBS
- Location: East Rutherford, NJ
- Stadium: MetLife Stadium
NFL Bets from BetMGM
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Betting on the Browns
- Cleveland is just 3-4 against the spread in away games this year, and is 5-2 overall on the road.
- This year, Cleveland has compiled a losing 6-8 record against the spread.
- This season, the Browns are 1-1 ATS when playing as at least 6.5-point favorites.
- Most of Cleveland's games with a betting line -- eight out of 14 opportunities -- have finished over the point total (57.1%).
- The average points per game output for the Browns this season, 26.3, is 3.2 fewer than the 29.5 the Jets have given up in each contest.
- In games where Cleveland score at least 26.3 points this season, they are 7-1 overall and 4-4 against the spread.
- New York is 1-4 overall and 2-3 against the spread this season in games where they allow fewer than 29.5 points.
Betting on the Jets
- Just eight of New York's 14 games this year have gone over the point total (42.9% of its outings).
- New York has a losing 5-9 record against the spread.
- The Jets have averaged 12 fewer points per game this season (14.7) than the Browns have allowed (26.7).
- In games where New York scores at least 14.7 points this season, they are 1-5 overall and 4-2 against the spread.
- Cleveland is 6-1 overall and 4-3 against the spread this season in games where they allow fewer than 26.7 points.
- New York has just a 3-4 record against the spread at home this year, and is 0-7 overall in home games.
Betting on the Total - What to Look For
- The average total the Browns have had set in games this season is 9.5 more points than this outing's point total.
- Jets games this year have averaged an over/under of 44.2 points, 0.7 more than the point total in this matchup.
- The Browns and their opponents have totaled at least 43.5 points -- this matchup's point total -- in 10 of 14 outings (71.4%) this year.
- New York and its opponents have combined to score at least 43.5 points in 50% of their games this year (seven of 14 opportunities).
- The two teams average a combined 2.5 less points per game (41) than this matchup's over/under of 43.5 points.
- Opponents of these two teams have averaged a combined 56.2 points per game, 12.7 more than the point total in this game.
Browns Key Players
- Baker Mayfield has 3,082 passing yards (220.1 ypg) to lead Cleveland, completing 64% of his passes and throwing touchdown 25 passes and eight interceptions over the course of 14 games this season.
- Nick Chubb's team-high 931 rushing yards (93.1 per game) have come on 165 carries, with 10 touchdowns in 10 games this year.
- In 14 games this season, Kareem Hunt has collected 793 yards (56.6 per game) on 184 attempts with five touchdowns, while also grabbing 34 passes for 259 yards (18.5 per game) and five touchdowns.
- Jarvis Landry's 789 receiving yards (56.4 yards per game) leads the team through 14 games. He has 67 catches on 95 targets with three touchdowns.
- Rashard Higgins has totaled 544 yards (45.3 yards per game) and four touchdowns, hauling in 35 passes on 49 targets in 12 games this year.
- Austin Hooper's 50 targets have resulted in 35 receptions for 327 yards (29.7 ypg) and three touchdowns through 11 games played.
- Myles Garrett has racked up 11.0 sacks to lead the team through 14 games, while also recording 9.0 TFL and 40 tackles.
- Andrew Sendejo is the team's tackle leader through 13 games this year. He's amassed 65 tackles.
- Denzel Ward has a team-high two interceptions to go along with 44 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and 15 passes defended over 11 games.
Browns:Malcolm Smith: Questionable (Hamstring),Wyatt Teller: Out (Ankle)
Jets Key Players
- Sam Darnold has 1,767 passing yards (176.7 ypg) to lead New York, completing 59.7% of his passes and collecting touchdown six passes and nine interceptions over the course of 10 games this season. He's also helped out on the ground with 194 rushing yards (19.4 ypg) on 29 carries with two rushing touchdowns.
- The team's top rusher, Frank Gore, has carried the ball 173 times for 605 yards (43.2 per game), with two touchdowns in 14 games this year.
- In nine games this season, Lamical Perine has racked up 201 yards (22.3 per game) on 55 carries with two touchdowns.
- Jamison Crowder's 576 receiving yards leads all receivers on the team. He's been targeted 76 times and has totaled 48 receptions and five touchdowns through 10 games (averaging 57.6 yards per game).
- Breshad Perriman has hauled in 27 passes (on 47 targets) for 421 yards (42.1 yards per game) and three touchdowns in 10 games this year.
- Denzel Mims' 41 targets have resulted in 22 catches for 342 yards (42.8 ypg) through eight games played.
- Tarell Basham leads, the team's tackle and sacks leader, has collected 2.0 sacks, 5.0 TFL and 26 tackles over the course of 14 games.
- Neville Hewitt is the team's tackle leader through 14 games this year. He's amassed 120 tackles, 6.0 TFL, and two sacks.
- Marcus Maye has picked off a team-leading two passes. He also has 72 tackles, 3.0 TFL, two sacks, and 11 passes defended to his name over 14 games.
Jets:Javelin Guidry: Doubtful (Knee),Jeff Smith: Questionable (Shoulder)