The Cleveland Browns (10-5) are 9.5-point favorites when they host the Pittsburgh Steelers (12-3) in an AFC North matchup on Sunday, January 3, 2021 at FirstEnergy Stadium. The contest has a point total of 43.5. Make a pick with BetMGM's online sportsbook on Browns vs Steelers and other week 17 NFL action HERE.
Where to Watch
- Game Day: Sunday, January 3, 2021
- Game Time: 1:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: CBS
- Location: Cleveland, OH
- Stadium: FirstEnergy Stadium
Bet the Game with BetMGM
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Betting on the Browns
- This season, Cleveland's games have gone over the point total in eight out of 15 opportunities.
- Cleveland is just 3-4 against the spread in home games this year, and is 5-2 overall at home.
- This year, Cleveland is 6-9 against the spread.
- The Browns, on average, score 6.4 more points per game this season (25.6) than the Steelers allow (19.2).
- In games where Cleveland score at least 25.6 points this season, they are 7-1 overall and 4-4 against the spread.
- When the Pittsburgh defense allows 19.2 points or fewer this year, the Steelers have put together a 6-0 overall record and a 4-2 record against the spread.
Betting on the Steelers
- Eight Pittsburgh's 15 games this year have gone over the point total (53.3% of its opportunities).
- Pittsburgh has a 9-6 record against the spread.
- The Steelers are just 1-3 ATS when an underdog by at least 9.5 points.
- The Browns defense has allowed 26.5 points per game this season, close to the same amount as the 26.3 the Steelers have scored.
- In games where Pittsburgh scores at least 26.3 points this season, they are 8-0 overall and 8-0 against the spread.
- Cleveland is 6-2 overall and 4-4 against the spread this season in games where they allow fewer than 26.5 points.
- Pittsburgh's record against the spread in away games this year is 4-3, and its record on the road overall is 5-2.
Betting on the Total - What to Look For
- The Browns and their opponents have combined to put up more than this matchup's point total (43.5 points) in 66.7% of their outings this season (10 of 15 opportunities).
- The Steelers have played in nine games this season (out of 15 total matchups -- 60% of chances) where they combined with their opponents to score more than 43.5 points.
- The two teams average a combined 8.4 more points per game (51.9) than this game's over/under of 43.5 points.
- Opponents of these teams have averaged a combined 45.7 points per game, 2.2 more than the point total in this matchup.
- The average point total for Browns games this season is 8.6 more points than the over/under of 43.5 in this matchup.
- Steelers games this year have averaged a total of 45.5 points, 2.0 more than the point total in this matchup.
Browns Key Players
- Baker Mayfield leads Cleveland with 3,367 passing yards (224.5 ypg) on 288-of-459 with 25 touchdowns against eight interceptions over 15 games this season.
- Nick Chubb has carried the ball 176 times for a team-high 959 yards (87.2 per game), with 11 touchdowns in 11 games this year.
- In 15 games this season, Kareem Hunt has racked up 804 yards (53.6 per game) on 188 attempts with six touchdowns, while also catching 37 passes for 300 yards (20.0 per game) and five touchdowns.
- Jarvis Landry's team-high 789 receiving yards (52.6 yards per game) have come on 67 catches (and 95 targets) with three touchdowns through 15 games.
- Rashard Higgins has put together a 544-yard season so far (41.8 yards per game) with four touchdowns, reeling in 35 passes on 49 targets over 13 games.
- Austin Hooper's 65 targets have resulted in 42 catches for 398 yards (33.2 ypg) and three touchdowns through 12 games played.
- Myles Garrett has 12.0 sacks to pace the team through 15 games, and also has 10.0 TFL and 44 tackles.
- Sheldon Richardson, Cleveland's top-tackler, has 64 tackles, 5.0 TFL, and 4.5 sacks in 15 games this year.
- Ronnie Harrison has a team-high one interception to go along with 31 tackles, one sack, and six passes defended over nine games.
Browns:Sione Takitaki: Questionable (Ankle),Wyatt Teller: Questionable (Ankle),Kendall Lamm: Questionable (Illness),Nick Harris: Out (Knee),Tae Davis: Questionable (Ankle)
Steelers Key Players
- Ben Roethlisberger has 3,804 passing yards (253.6 ypg) to lead Pittsburgh, completing 65.6% of his passes and collecting touchdown 33 passes and 10 interceptions over the course of 15 games this season.
- James Conner's team-high 683 rushing yards (48.8 per game) have come on 160 carries, with six touchdowns in 14 games this year.
- In 15 games this season, Benny Snell Jr. has rushed for 358 yards (23.9 per game) on 108 carries with four touchdowns.
- Diontae Johnson's team-high 828 receiving yards (59.1 yards per game) have come on 85 catches (and 140 targets) with seven touchdowns through 14 games.
- Chase Claypool has put up a 772-yard season so far (51.5 yards per game) with eight touchdowns, hauling in 57 passes on 98 targets in 15 games.
- JuJu Smith-Schuster's 91 receptions (on 120 targets) have netted him 766 yards (51.1 ypg) and eight touchdowns through 15 games played.
- T.J. Watt leads, the team's tackle and sacks leader, has racked up 15.0 sacks, 23.0 TFL, 54 tackles, and one interception over the course of 15 games.
- Avery Williamson, Pittsburgh's top-tackler, has 103 tackles, 3.0 TFL, one sack, and one interception in 14 games this year.
- Minkah Fitzpatrick has picked off a team-high four passes. He also has 75 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and 10 passes defended to his name over 15 games.
Steelers:Chris Boswell: Out (Groin),Terrell Edmunds: Out (Shoulder),Ben Roethlisberger: Out (Not Injury Related)