The Tampa Bay Buccaneers (0-0) play the Dallas Cowboys (0-0) on Thursday, September 9, 2021 at Raymond James Stadium. The Buccaneers are considerable favorites in this one, with the spread sitting at 7.5 points. The over/under is 51 in the contest.
Click here to bet on Tampa Bay vs Dallas and other NFL games with BetMGM.
Where to watch
- Game Day: Thursday, September 9, 2021
- Game Time: 8:20 PM ET
- TV Channel: NBC
- Location: Tampa, Florida
- Stadium: Raymond James Stadium
Buccaneers vs Cowboys Betting Information
||Favorite Spread Odds
||Underdog Spread Odds
||Over Total Odds
||Under Total Odds
Betting on the Buccaneers
- Tampa Bay won nine games against the spread last season, while failing to cover seven times.
- The Buccaneers covered the spread twice last season (2-3 ATS) when playing as at least 7.5-point favorites.
- Tampa Bay's games hit the over nine out of 16 times last season.
- Based on this contest's moneyline, the Buccaneers have an implied win probability of 78.9%.
- The Buccaneers put together a 10-3 record in games they were listed as the moneyline favorite last season (winning 76.9% of those games).
- Tampa Bay won all three games it played as a moneyline favorite with odds of -375 or shorter.
Betting on the Cowboys
- Dallas put together a 5-11-0 ATS record last season.
- The Cowboys covered the spread once last season (1-2 ATS) when playing as at least 7.5-point underdogs.
- Dallas' games hit the over nine out of 16 times last year.
- Bookmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Cowboys have a 25.0% chance to win.
- The Cowboys won three of the nine games they played as underdogs last season.
- Last season, Dallas was at least a +300 underdog on the moneyline three times, losing each of those contests.
Betting on the Total - What to Look For
- In 11 of 20 games last season, Tampa Bay and its opponents combined to total more than 51 points.
- Dallas played nine games last season that finished with a combined score higher than 51 points.
- The teams combined to score 55.5 points per game last season, 4.5 more points than this matchup's total.
- Combined, these teams surrendered 51.8 points per contest last year, 0.8 more points than the over/under for this game.
- The Buccaneers had an average point total of 49.3 in their outings last season, 1.7 fewer points than this game's over/under.
- The Cowboys had a 48.9-point average over/under in their outings last year, 2.1 fewer points than this game's total.
Buccaneers Key Players
- Tom Brady recorded 4,633 passing yards (289.6 yards per game) with a 65.7% completion percentage last year (401-of-610), while throwing 40 touchdowns and 12 interceptions.
- Ronald Jones II rushed for 978 yards on 192 carries (61.1 yards per game) while scoring seven touchdowns a season ago.
- Last year, Giovani Bernard ran for 416 yards on 124 carries (26 ypg), with three rushing touchdowns. He also caught 47 passes for 355 yards (22.2 ypg) and three touchdowns.
- Last season, Mike Evans grabbed 70 passes (on 109 targets) for 1,006 yards (62.9 yards per game) and scored 13 touchdowns.
- Chris Godwin's stat line last year showed 65 catches for 840 yards and seven touchdowns. He put up 52.5 receiving yards per game and was targeted 84 times.
- Rob Gronkowski totaled 623 yards on 45 catches with seven touchdowns last year, averaging 38.9 yards per game on 77 targets.
- Jason Pierre-Paul had a strong body of work a year ago, collecting 9.5 sacks, 11.5 TFL, 76 tackles, and two interceptions.
- Devin White racked up 183 tackles, 18 TFL, and nine sacks over his last campaign.
- Carlton Davis picked off four passes and tacked on 84 tackles, 3.5 TFL, and 18 passes defended last season.
Mike Evans: Doubtful (Hamstring)
Cowboys Key Players
- Dak Prescott collected 1,856 passing yards (371.2 yards per game) with a 68% completion percentage last year (151-of-222), while throwing nine touchdowns and four interceptions. He also added 93 rushing yards on 18 carries with three touchdowns, averaging 18.6 yards per game.
- Ezekiel Elliott took 244 attempts for 979 rushing yards a season ago (61.2 yards per game) while scoring six touchdowns. He also caught 52 passes for 338 yards (21.1 receiving yards per game) with two touchdowns through the air.
- Last season Tony Pollard ran for 435 yards on 101 carries (27.2 ypg), with four rushing touchdowns.
- Last season Amari Cooper was targeted 130 times and had 92 catches for 1,114 yards (69.6 ypg) and scored five touchdowns.
- CeeDee Lamb also chipped in with 74 grabs for 935 yards and five touchdowns last year. He was targeted 111 times and averaged 58.4 receiving yards per game.
- Last season Michael Gallup caught 59 passes on 105 targets for 843 yards and five touchdowns, averaging 52.7 receiving yards per game.
- Demarcus Lawrence showed out with an impressive stat line of 6.5 sacks, 15 TFL and 82 tackles.
- Jaylon Smith's 2020 campaign saw him total 221 tackles, 6.5 TFL, 1.5 sacks, and one interception.
- Last season Trevon Diggs hauled in three interceptions and added 67 tackles, one TFL, one sack, and 14 passes defended.
Jourdan Lewis: Out (Ankle)