The Tampa Bay Buccaneers (10-5) are touchdown favorites when they host the Atlanta Falcons (4-11) in an NFC South matchup on Sunday, January 3, 2021 at Raymond James Stadium. An over/under of 50.0 is set for the contest. Bet with the best online sportsbook on Buccaneers vs Falcons and other week 17 NFL action HERE.
Where to Watch
- Game Day: Sunday, January 3, 2021
- Game Time: 1:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: FOX
- Location: Tampa, FL
- Stadium: Raymond James Stadium
NFL Bets from BetMGM
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Betting on the Buccaneers
- Tampa Bay has an 8-7 record against the spread this year.
- This season, the Buccaneers have covered more games than they didn’t when projected as 7.0-point or more favorites, finishing 3-2 ATS in those situations.
- Most of Tampa Bay’s games with a betting line — eight out of 15 opportunities — have gone over the point total (53.3%).
- The Buccaneers have put an average of 29.9 points per game on the scoreboard this season, 5.2 more than the 24.7 the Falcons have surrendered in each contest.
- In games where Tampa Bay score at least 29.9 points this season, they are 7-0 overall and 5-2 against the spread.
- Atlanta is 3-6 overall and 4-5 against the spread this season in games where they allow fewer than 24.7 points.
- Tampa Bay has a 4-3 record against the spread at home this year, and is 4-3 overall in home games.
Betting on the Falcons
- Most of Atlanta’s games this year — nine out of 15 — have not gone over the point total (60%).
- Atlanta has a losing 7-8 record against the spread.
- The Buccaneers defense has allowed 21.9 points per game this season, close to the same amount as the 24.6 the Falcons have scored.
- In games where Atlanta scores at least 24.6 points this season, they are 4-4 overall and 6-2 against the spread.
- Tampa Bay is 6-1 overall and 6-1 against the spread this season in games where they allow fewer than 21.9 points.
- Atlanta has a 4-3 record against the spread on the road this year, and is 2-5 overall in away games.
Betting on the Total – What to Look For
- The average total the Buccaneers have had set in matchups this year is 1.7 more points than this outing’s point total.
- The average point total for the Falcons this season is 0.7 points less than this game’s over/under.
- The Buccaneers and their opponents have scored no less than 50.0 points — this matchup’s point total — in eight of 15 outings (53.3%) this season.
- The Falcons and their opponents have added up to score more than 50.0 points in 40% of their matchups this season (six of 15 chances).
- The two teams average a combined 4.5 more points per game (54.5) than this game’s over/under of 50.0 points.
- The Buccaneers and the Falcons have seen their opponents average a combined 3.4 less points per game than the over/under of 50.0 set for this game.
Buccaneers Key Players
- Tom Brady has 4,234 passing yards (282.3 ypg) to lead Tampa Bay, completing 65.9% of his passes and tossing touchdown 36 passes and 11 interceptions over 15 games this season.
- Ronald Jones II’s team-high 900 rushing yards (60.0 per game) have come on 180 carries, with six touchdowns in 15 games this year.
- In 12 games this season, Leonard Fournette has rushed for 354 yards (29.5 per game) on 92 carries with six touchdowns, while also catching 34 passes for 219 yards (18.3 per game).
- Mike Evans’ team-high 960 receiving yards (64.0 yards per game) have come on 67 catches (and 105 targets) with 13 touchdowns through 15 games.
- Chris Godwin has racked up 707 yards (64.3 yards per game) and five touchdowns, hauling in 60 passes on 77 targets in 11 games this year.
- Rob Gronkowski’s 43 receptions have yielded 594 yards (39.6 ypg) and seven touchdowns through 15 games played. He’s been targeted 73 times.
- Jason Pierre-Paul has racked up 9.5 sacks to pace the team through 15 games, while also recording 6.0 TFL, 52 tackles, and two interceptions.
- Lavonte David, Tampa Bay’s tackle leader, has 110 tackles, 11.0 TFL, 1.5 sacks, and one interception in 15 games this year.
- Carlton Davis has a team-leading four interceptions to go along with 68 tackles, 3.0 TFL, and 18 passes defended over 14 games.
Carlton Davis: Doubtful (Groin),
LeSean McCoy: Questionable (Not Injury Related),
Jeremiah Ledbetter: Out (Calf),
Steve McLendon: Questionable (Not Injury Related)
Falcons Key Players
- Matt Ryan leads Atlanta with 4,316 passing yards (287.7 ypg) on 378-of-582 with 24 touchdowns against 11 interceptions in 15 games this season.
- The team’s top rusher, Todd Gurley II, has carried the ball 186 times for 660 yards (47.1 per game), with nine touchdowns in 14 games this year.
- In 15 games this season, Brian Hill has rushed for 371 yards (24.7 per game) on 91 carries with one touchdown.
- Calvin Ridley’s 1,322 receiving yards paces all receivers on the team. He’s been targeted 131 times and has collected 82 receptions and nine touchdowns through 14 games (averaging 94.4 yards per game).
- Julio Jones has put up a 771-yard season so far (85.7 yards per game) with three touchdowns, hauling in 51 passes on 68 targets over nine games.
- Russell Gage’s 63 catches (on 99 targets) have netted him 695 yards (46.3 ypg) and three touchdowns through 15 games played.
- Deion Jones paces the team with 4.5 sacks. He’s also the team’s tackle leader, and has racked up 8.0 TFL, 102 tackles, and two interceptions over the course of 15 games.
- Foyesade Oluokun is the team’s tackle leader through 14 games this year. He’s collected 108 tackles, 4.0 TFL, three sacks, and two interceptions.
- Blidi Wreh-Wilson leads the team with three interceptions, while also recording seven tackles, 1.0 TFL, and four passes defended over 14 games.
Charles Harris: Questionable (Not Injury Related),
Brandon Powell: Out (Foot),
Julio Jones: Out (Hamstring),
Darqueze Dennard: Out (Quadricep)