The Tampa Bay Buccaneers (8-5) visit the Atlanta Falcons (4-9) on Sunday, December 20, 2020 in matchup between NFC South foes at Mercedes-Benz Stadium. Atlanta is a 6.5-point underdog. The over/under is set at 49.0 for the game. Make a pick with BetMGM sports betting on Buccaneers vs Falcons and other week 15 NFL action HERE.
Where to Watch
- Game Day: Sunday, December 20, 2020
- Game Time: 1:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: FOX
- Location: Atlanta, GA
- Stadium: Mercedes-Benz Stadium
BetMGM NFL betting odds
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Betting on the Buccaneers
- Tampa Bay is an even 3-3 against the spread in away games this year, and is 4-2 overall on the road.
- Tampa Bay has a 7-6 record against the spread this year.
- This season, the Buccaneers have an ATS record of 2-2 when projected as at least 6.5-point favorites.
- This season, Tampa Bay's games have gone over the point total in seven out of 13 opportunities.
- The Buccaneers, on average, score 3.7 more points per game this season (28.5) than the Falcons allow (24.8).
- In games where Tampa Bay score at least 28.5 points this season, they are 5-0 overall and 4-1 against the spread.
- When the Atlanta defense allows 24.8 points or fewer this year, the Falcons have accumulated a 3-5 overall record and a 3-5 record against the spread.
Betting on the Falcons
- Most of Atlanta's games this year -- eight out of 13 -- have not gone over the point total (61.5%).
- Atlanta has put together a losing 5-8 record against the spread this season.
- Atlanta has just a 2-5 record against the spread at home this year, and is 2-5 overall in home games.
- The Falcons average points scored this season (25.2) and the Buccaneers points allowed (22.6) are within 2.6 points of each other.
- In games where Atlanta scores at least 25.2 points this season, they are 3-2 overall and 4-1 against the spread.
- Tampa Bay is 5-1 overall and 5-1 against the spread this season in games where they allow fewer than 22.6 points.
Betting on the Total - What to Look For
- The average point total in Buccaneers games this year is 2.1 more points than the total of 49.0 in this matchup.
- The average point total for the Falcons this season is 1.0 point higher than this game's over/under.
- The Buccaneers and their opponents have combined to record more than this matchup's over/under (49.0 points) in 46.2% of their outings this year (six of 13 opportunities).
- Atlanta has played in six games this year (out of 13 total matchups -- 46.2% of chances) where they combined with their opponents to score more than 49.0 points.
- The two teams average a combined 4.7 more points per game (53.7) than this matchup's over/under of 49.0 points.
- The Buccaneers and the Falcons have seen their opponents average a combined 1.6 less points per game than the point total of 49.0 set for this matchup.
Buccaneers Key Players
- Tom Brady has 3,496 passing yards (268.9 ypg) to lead Tampa Bay, completing 64.8% of his passes and collecting touchdown 30 passes and 11 interceptions over 13 games this season.
- Leonard Fournette's team-high 271 rushing yards (27.1 per game) have come on 69 carries, with three touchdowns in 10 games this year. He's also added 28 catches for 171 yards (17.1 per game).
- In seven games this season, Ke'Shawn Vaughn has piled up 43 yards (6.1 per game) on nine carries.
- Mike Evans' team-high 669 receiving yards (51.5 yards per game) have come on 51 catches (and 86 targets) with 11 touchdowns through 13 games.
- Chris Godwin has racked up 587 yards (65.2 yards per game) and three touchdowns, reeling in 51 passes on 63 targets in nine games this year.
- Rob Gronkowski's 38 grabs have turned into 507 yards (39.0 ypg) and five touchdowns through 13 games played. He's been targeted 64 times.
- Jason Pierre-Paul has collected 9.5 sacks to pace the team through 13 games, while also recording 6.0 TFL, 50 tackles, and two interceptions.
- Devin White is the team's top-tackler through 13 games this year. He's collected 118 tackles, 9.0 TFL, and five sacks.
- Carlton Davis has a team-leading four interceptions to go along with 59 tackles, 3.0 TFL, and 17 passes defended over 13 games.
Buccaneers: No Injuries Listed
Falcons Key Players
- Matt Ryan has 3,660 passing yards (281.5 ypg) to lead Atlanta, completing 63.7% of his passes and throwing touchdown 19 passes and 11 interceptions over 13 games this season.
- Todd Gurley II's team-high 645 rushing yards (53.8 per game) have come on 181 carries, with nine touchdowns in 12 games this year.
- In 13 games this season, Brian Hill has piled up 337 yards (25.9 per game) on 79 attempts with one touchdown.
- Calvin Ridley's team-high 1,029 receiving yards (85.8 yards per game) have come on 67 catches (and 108 targets) with eight touchdowns through 12 games.
- Julio Jones has put up a 771-yard season so far (85.7 yards per game) with three touchdowns, hauling in 51 passes on 68 targets over nine games.
- Russell Gage's 54 receptions (on 84 targets) have netted him 604 yards (46.5 ypg) and two touchdowns through 13 games played.
- Deion Jones leads, the team's tackle and sacks leader, has recorded 3.5 sacks, 7.0 TFL, 84 tackles, and two interceptions over the course of 13 games.
- Foyesade Oluokun is the team's top-tackler through 12 games this year. He's picked up 96 tackles, 4.0 TFL, three sacks, and one interception.
- Blidi Wreh-Wilson leads the team with three interceptions, while also collecting seven tackles, 1.0 TFL, and four passes defended over 13 games.
Falcons: Kaleb McGary: Questionable (Not Injury Related), Darqueze Dennard: Out (Quadricep), Ricardo Allen: Out (Concussion), Marlon Davidson: Out (Knee), Julio Jones: Out (Hamstring), James Carpenter: Questionable (Groin)