The Detroit Lions (5-9) will look to prove oddsmakers wrong when they play the Tampa Bay Buccaneers (9-5) on Saturday, December 26, 2020 as a 9.5-point underdog. The contest has a point total of 54.0. Bet with the best online sportsbook on Buccaneers vs Lions and other week 16 NFL action HERE.
Where to Watch
- Game Day: Saturday, December 26, 2020
- Game Time: 1:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: NFL Network
- Location: Detroit, MI
- Stadium: Ford Field
Online Betting with BetMGM
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Betting on the Buccaneers
- This year, Tampa Bay is just 7-7 against the spread.
- This season, the Buccaneers are only 0-1 ATS when projected as at least 9.5-point favorites.
- The majority of Tampa Bay’s games with a betting line — eight out of 14 opportunities — have surpassed the point total (57.1%).
- The Buccaneers average points scored this season (28.6) and the Lions points allowed (31.1) are within 2.5 points of each other.
- When they meet or outpace their scoring average this season, Tampa Bay is 6-0 and 4-2 against the spread.
- When the Detroit defense allows 31.1 points or fewer this year, the Lions have accumulated a 5-3 overall record and a 6-2 record against the spread.
- Tampa Bay is just 3-4 against the spread in away games this year, and is 5-2 overall on the road.
Betting on the Lions
- Detroit has a losing 6-8 record against the spread.
- 9 Detroit’s 14 games this year have gone over the point total (64.3% of its outings).
- The Lions average points scored this season (23.9) and the Buccaneers points allowed (22.9) are within one point of each other.
- In games where Detroit scores at least 23.9 points this season, they are 4-4 overall and 5-3 against the spread.
- When Tampa Bay allows opposing offenses to put 22.9 points or fewer on the scoreboard this year, they are 5-1 overall and 5-1 against the spread.
- Detroit has just a 2-4 record against the spread at home this year, and is 1-5 overall in home games.
Betting on the Total – What to Look For
- The Buccaneers and their opponents have scored more than this matchup’s over/under (54.0 points) in 35.7% of their games this year (five of 14 opportunities).
- The Lions and their opponents have combined to score at least 54.0 points in 64.3% of their matchups this year (nine of 14 opportunities).
- These two teams average a combined 52.5 points per game, 1.5 fewer points than the total of 54.0 set for this matchup.
- The Buccaneers and the Lions have seen their opponents average a combined 54 points per game, which equals the over/under set for this outing.
- The Buccaneers’ average point total in outings this year is 51.6, 2.4 points less than the total in this game.
- The average point total for the Lions this year is 1.0 point higher than this game’s over/under.
Buccaneers Key Players
- Tom Brady leads Tampa Bay with 3,886 passing yards (277.6 ypg) on 353-of-542 with 32 touchdowns against 11 interceptions over 14 games this season.
- Leonard Fournette has carried the ball 83 times for a team-high 320 yards (29.1 per game), with five touchdowns in 11 games this year. He’s also tacked on 31 catches for 187 yards (17.0 per game).
- In eight games this season, Ke’Shawn Vaughn has rushed for 47 yards (5.9 per game) on 11 carries.
- Mike Evans’ 779 receiving yards (55.6 yards per game) leads the team through 14 games. He has 57 receptions on 93 targets with 11 touchdowns.
- Chris Godwin has collected 623 yards (62.3 yards per game) and four touchdowns, reeling in 55 passes on 68 targets over 10 games this year.
- Rob Gronkowski’s 71 targets have resulted in 41 catches for 536 yards (38.3 ypg) and five touchdowns through 14 games played.
- Jason Pierre-Paul has 9.5 sacks to pace the team through 14 games, and also has 6.0 TFL, 50 tackles, and two interceptions.
- Devin White, Tampa Bay’s leading tackler, has 130 tackles, 13.0 TFL, and eight sacks in 14 games this year.
- Carlton Davis has a team-high four interceptions to go along with 68 tackles, 3.0 TFL, and 18 passes defended over 14 games.
Carlton Davis: Doubtful (Groin)
Lions Key Players
- Matthew Stafford has 3,774 passing yards (269.6 ypg) to lead Detroit, completing 64.2% of his passes and tossing touchdown 23 passes and nine interceptions over 14 games this season.
- Adrian Peterson’s team-high 531 rushing yards (37.9 per game) have come on 145 carries, with six touchdowns in 14 games this year.
- In 11 games this season, D’Andre Swift has rushed for 422 yards (38.4 per game) on 92 carries with seven touchdowns, while also catching 39 passes for 316 yards (28.7 per game) and two touchdowns.
- Marvin Jones Jr.’s 779 receiving yards paces all receivers on the team. He’s been targeted 101 times and has collected 65 receptions and seven touchdowns through 14 games (averaging 55.6 yards per game).
- T.J. Hockenson has put up a 675-yard season so far (48.2 yards per game) with six touchdowns, hauling in 60 passes on 92 targets over 14 games.
- Danny Amendola’s 60 targets have resulted in 40 catches for 559 yards (46.6 ypg) through 12 games played.
- Romeo Okwara leads, the team’s tackle and sacks leader, has amassed 8.0 sacks, 10.0 TFL and 41 tackles over the course of 14 games.
- Jamie Collins Sr. is the team’s tackle leader through 14 games this year. He’s collected 102 tackles, 6.0 TFL, one sack, and one interception.
- Duron Harmon leads the team with two interceptions, while also putting up 55 tackles and four passes defended over 14 games.
Frank Ragnow: Questionable (Throat),
Matt Prater: Questionable (Back),
Darryl Roberts: Questionable (Hip),
Jayron Kearse: Questionable (Hip),
Halapoulivaati Vaitai: Questionable (Concussion),
Taylor Decker: Questionable (Groin),
Matthew Stafford: Questionable (Rib),
Tyrell Crosby: Out (Ankle),
Jamie Collins Sr.: Questionable (Neck),
Kenny Golladay: Out (Hip)