The NFC Wild Card round of the 2020 NFL Playoffs features a battle between the Tampa Bay Buccaneers (11-5) (who are 8-point favorites) and the Washington Football Team (7-9) on January 9, 2021 at 8:15 PM ET on NBC. The point total is set at 44.5. Place your wager with the best online sportsbook on Buccaneers vs Football Team and other week 1 NFL action HERE.
Where to Watch
- Game Day: Saturday, January 9, 2021
- Game Time: 8:15 PM ET
- TV Channel: NBC
- Location: Landover, MD
- Stadium: FedExField
BetMGM NFL betting odds
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Betting on the Buccaneers
- Tampa Bay has a 9-7 record against the spread.
- Tampa Bay has an ATS record of 2-1 when playing as at least 8.0-point favorites.
- Most of Tampa Bay's games this year -- nine out of 16 -- have gone over the point total (56.2%).
- This year, Tampa Bay racks up 10.2 more points per game (30.8) than Washington surrenders (20.6).
- Tampa Bay is 6-2 against the spread and 8-0 overall a season ago when the team notches at least 30.8 points.
- Washington has a 5-1 record against the spread and a 5-1 record overall in games when it gives up 20.9 points or less.
- Tampa Bay is an even 4-4 against the spread in away games this year, and is 6-2 overall on the road.
Betting on Washington
- Washington has an 8-7-1 record against the spread.
- Just 10 of Washington's 16 games this year have gone over the point total (31.2% of its opportunities).
- Washington racks up just 1.3 fewer points per game (20.9) than Tampa Bay surrenders (22.2).
- Washington is 5-1 against the spread and 5-1 overall a season ago when the team records at least 20.9 points.
- This season, Tampa Bay has a 6-2 record against the spread and an 8-0 record overall in games when it holds opponents to 30.8 or fewer points.
- Washington's record against the spread in home games this year is 4-3-1, and its record at home overall is 3-5.
Betting on the Total - What to Look For
- 12 of Tampa Bay's games have gone over 44.5 points this season (75% of matchups).
- Five of Washington's games have gone over 44.5 points this year (31.2% of matchups).
- These two teams score a combined 51.7 points per game, 7.2 more points than this matchup's total.
- Opponents of these two teams combine to score 42.8 points per game, 1.7 fewer points than this matchup's total.
- Tampa Bay has an average point total of 52.9 in its matchups this year, 8.4 more points than this game's over/under.
- Washington's matchups this season have a 41.5-point average over/under, 3.0 fewer points than this game's total.
Buccaneers Key Players
- Tom Brady leads Tampa Bay with 4,633 passing yards (289.6 ypg) on 401-of-610 with 40 touchdowns against 12 interceptions in 16 games this season.
- Ronald Jones II's team-high 978 rushing yards (61.1 per game) have come on 192 carries, with seven touchdowns in 16 games this year.
- In 13 games this season, Leonard Fournette has rushed for 367 yards (28.2 per game) on 97 carries with six touchdowns, while also catching 36 passes for 233 yards (17.9 per game).
- Mike Evans' 1,006 receiving yards (62.9 yards per game) leads the team through 16 games. He has 70 catches on 109 targets with 13 touchdowns.
- Chris Godwin has put up an 840-yard season so far (70.0 yards per game) with seven touchdowns, reeling in 65 passes on 84 targets in 12 games.
- Rob Gronkowski's 77 targets have resulted in 45 receptions for 623 yards (38.9 ypg) and seven touchdowns through 16 games played.
- Jason Pierre-Paul has 9.5 sacks to lead the team through 16 games, and also has 7.0 TFL, 55 tackles, and two interceptions.
- Lavonte David, Tampa Bay's tackle leader, has 118 tackles, 12.0 TFL, 1.5 sacks, and one interception in 16 games this year.
- Carlton Davis has picked off a team-high four passes. He also has 68 tackles, 3.0 TFL, and 18 passes defended to his name over 14 games.
Buccaneers:LeSean McCoy: Questionable (Not Injury Related),Carlton Davis: Questionable (Groin),Jeremiah Ledbetter: Out (Calf),Mike Evans: Questionable (Knee)
Washington Key Players
- Alex Smith leads Washington with 1,582 passing yards (197.8 ypg) on 168-of-252 with six touchdowns against eight interceptions in eight games this season.
- The team's top rusher, Antonio Gibson, has carried the ball 170 times for 795 yards (56.8 per game), with 11 touchdowns in 14 games this year. He's also caught 36 passes for 247 yards (17.6 per game).
- In 16 games this season, J.D. McKissic has rushed for 365 yards (22.8 per game) on 85 carries with one touchdown, while also catching 80 passes for 589 yards (36.8 per game) and two touchdowns.
- Terry McLaurin's 1,118 receiving yards leads all receivers on the team. He's been targeted 134 times and has totaled 87 receptions and four touchdowns through 15 games (averaging 74.5 yards per game).
- Logan Thomas has put up a 670-yard season so far (41.9 yards per game) with six touchdowns, reeling in 72 passes on 110 targets over 16 games.
- McKissic's 80 receptions (on 110 targets) have netted him 589 yards (36.8 ypg) and two touchdowns through 16 games played.
- Montez Sweat paces, the team's tackle and sacks leader, has recorded 9.0 sacks, 12.0 TFL, 45 tackles, and one interception over the course of 16 games.
- Jon Bostic is the team's leading tackler through 16 games this year. He's collected 119 tackles, 6.0 TFL, three sacks, and one interception.
- Kendall Fuller has picked off a team-high four passes. He also has 50 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and 11 passes defended to his name over 14 games.
Washington:Terry McLaurin: Questionable (Ankle),Thomas Davis Sr.: Out (Knee),Antonio Gibson: Questionable (Toe),Alex Smith: Questionable (Calf),Kevin Pierre-Louis: Questionable (Ankle)