NFC West rivals meet when the Arizona Cardinals (8-6) host the San Francisco 49ers (5-9) on Saturday, December 26, 2020 State Farm Stadium. Arizona is favored by 5.5 points. The point total is set at 48.5 for the game. Place your wager with BetMGM sports betting on Cardinals vs 49ers and other week 16 NFL action HERE.
Where to Watch
- Game Day: Saturday, December 26, 2020
- Game Time: 4:30 PM ET
- TV Channel: Amazon Prime Video
- Location: Glendale, AZ
- Stadium: State Farm Stadium
Bet the Game with BetMGM
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Betting on the Cardinals
- This year, Arizona is only 7-7 against the spread.
- This season, the Cardinals have covered more games than they didn't when projected as 5.5-point or more favorites, finishing 3-1 ATS in those situations.
- Arizona has played in only five games that have gone above the point total (35.7% of its opportunities).
- The Cardinals average points scored this season (27.9) and the 49ers points allowed (25.1) are within 2.8 points of each other.
- In games where Arizona score at least 27.9 points this season, they are 6-2 overall and 5-3 against the spread.
- San Francisco is 5-3 overall and 5-3 against the spread this season in games where they allow fewer than 25.1 points.
- Arizona has just a 3-4 record against the spread at home this year, and is 4-3 overall in home games.
Betting on the 49ers
- San Francisco's games have gone over the point total in seven out of 14 opportunities this season (50%).
- San Francisco has a losing 5-9 record against the spread.
- The 49ers have a losing ATS record of 1-3 when playing as at least 5.5-point underdogs.
- The Cardinals defense has allowed 23.5 points per game this season, close to the same amount as the 23.8 the 49ers have scored.
- In games where San Francisco scores at least 23.8 points this season, they are 4-3 overall and 4-3 against the spread.
- When Arizona allows opposing offenses to put 23.5 points or fewer on the scoreboard this year, they are 5-1 overall and 5-1 against the spread.
- San Francisco has a 4-3 record against the spread on the road this year, and is 4-3 overall in away games.
Betting on the Total - What to Look For
- The Cardinals and their opponents have combined for 48.5 points -- this matchup's over/under -- in eight of 14 opportunities (57.1%) this year.
- San Francisco has played in five games this season (out of 14 total matchups -- 35.7% of chances) where they and their opponents combined to score more than 48.5 points.
- The two teams average a combined 3.2 more points per game (51.7) than this matchup's total of 48.5 points.
- The Cardinals and the 49ers have seen their opponents average a combined 0.1 more points per game than the over/under of 48.5 set for this game.
- The average point total for Cardinals games this year is 2.9 more points than the over/under of 48.5 in this matchup.
- The average point total for the 49ers this year is 0.4 points higher than this game's over/under.
Cardinals Key Players
- Kyler Murray has thrown for 3,637 yards (259.8 ypg) to lead Arizona, completing 67.6% of his passes and tossing touchdown 26 passes and 11 interceptions over the course of 14 games this season. He's also one of the team's top rushing options with 741 yards (52.9 ypg) on 123 carries with 11 rushing touchdowns.
- Kenyan Drake has carried the ball 211 times for a team-high 874 yards (67.2 per game), with nine touchdowns in 13 games this year.
- DeAndre Hopkins' team-leading 1,324 receiving yards (94.6 yards per game) have come on 103 catches (and 138 targets) with six touchdowns through 14 games.
- Christian Kirk has put together a 545-yard season so far (41.9 yards per game) with six touchdowns, hauling in 41 passes on 69 targets in 13 games.
- Larry Fitzgerald's 48 grabs have turned into 381 yards (27.2 ypg) and one touchdown through 14 games played. He's been targeted 64 times.
- Haason Reddick has collected 11.0 sacks to pace the team through 14 games, while also recording 14.0 TFL and 54 tackles.
- Jordan Hicks, Arizona's tackle leader, has 107 tackles and 11.0 TFL in 14 games this year.
- Dre Kirkpatrick has picked off a team-leading three passes. He also has 53 tackles and seven passes defended to his name over 13 games.
Cardinals: Chase Edmonds: Questionable (Ankle), Darrell Daniels: Questionable (Hamstring), Dan Arnold: Questionable (Back), Kylie Fitts: Questionable (Hamstring), Dennis Gardeck: Out (Knee), Dre Kirkpatrick: Questionable (Hamstring), Maxx Williams: Questionable (Ankle), Haason Reddick: Questionable (Shoulder), Jalen Thompson: Questionable (Ankle), Justin Pugh: Questionable (Calf), Larry Fitzgerald: Questionable (Groin)
49ers Key Players
- C.J. Beathard has been a dual threat to lead San Francisco in both passing and rushing. He has 332 passing yards (83.0 ypg), completing 62.2% of his passes and collecting touchdown two passes and zero interceptions over the course of four games this season. He's rushed for 0 yards (0.0 ypg) on zero carries.
- Jeff Wilson Jr.'s team-high 344 rushing yards (38.2 per game) have come on 84 carries, with six touchdowns in nine games this year.
- Brandon Aiyuk's 733 receiving yards paces all receivers on the team. He's been targeted 94 times and has totaled 59 receptions and five touchdowns through 13 games (averaging 56.4 yards per game).
- Kendrick Bourne has reeled in 43 passes (on 67 targets) for 575 yards (41.1 yards per game) and two touchdowns over 14 games this year.
- George Kittle's 49 targets have resulted in 37 catches for 474 yards (79.0 ypg) and two touchdowns through six games played.
- Kerry Hyder has 7.5 sacks to pace the team through 14 games, and also has 8.0 TFL and 45 tackles.
- Fred Warner is the team's top-tackler through 14 games this year. He's picked up 103 tackles, 3.0 TFL, and two interceptions.
- Jason Verrett leads the team with two interceptions, while also collecting 45 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and five passes defended over 11 games.
49ers: Deebo Samuel: Out (Hamstring), Richard Sherman: Out (Calf), Raheem Mostert: Out (Ankle), Dion Jordan: Doubtful (Knee), Nick Mullens: Out (Right Elbow), Hroniss Grasu: Questionable (Knee), Jimmie Ward: Out (Concussion), Javon Kinlaw: Questionable (Knee), Tarvarius Moore: Questionable (Knee), Emmanuel Moseley: Questionable (Hamstring)