AFC West rivals square off when the Los Angeles Chargers (5-9) host the Denver Broncos (5-9) on Sunday, December 27, 2020 SoFi Stadium. Los Angeles is favored by 3.0 points. The point total is set at 48.0. Bet with BetMGM sports betting on Chargers vs Broncos and other week 16 NFL action HERE.
Where to Watch
- Game Day: Sunday, December 27, 2020
- Game Time: 4:05 PM ET
- TV Channel: CBS
- Location: Inglewood, CA
- Stadium: SoFi Stadium
Bet the Game with BetMGM
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Betting on the Chargers
- This season, Los Angeles’ games have gone over the point total in eight out of 14 opportunities.
- Los Angeles is just 3-4 against the spread in home games this year, and is 3-4 overall at home.
- This year, Los Angeles is just 7-7 against the spread.
- This season, the Chargers have a losing ATS record of 1-3 when projected as at least 3.0-point favorites.
- The Chargers have averaged 4.8 fewer points per game this season (23.4) than the Broncos have allowed (28.2).
- When they meet or go over their scoring average this season, Los Angeles is 3-4 and 4-3 against the spread.
- When the Denver defense allows 28.2 points or fewer this year, the Broncos have pieced together a 4-4 overall record and a 7-1 record against the spread.
Betting on the Broncos
- Denver’s games have gone over the point total in seven out of 14 opportunities this season (50%).
- Denver has an 8-6 record against the spread.
- Denver’s record against the spread in away games this year is 5-2, and its record on the road overall is 3-4.
- The Broncos have averaged 8.1 fewer points per game this season (19.7) than the Chargers have allowed (27.8).
- In games where Denver scores at least 19.7 points this season, they are 4-2 overall and 5-1 against the spread.
- Los Angeles is 3-3 overall and 4-2 against the spread this season in games where they allow fewer than 27.8 points.
Betting on the Total – What to Look For
- The average point total in Chargers games this season is 3.1 more points than the over/under of 48.0 in this matchup.
- The average over/under for Broncos games this season is 0.1 less points than the point total of 48.0 in this outing.
- The Chargers and their opponents have scored no less than 48.0 points — this matchup’s over/under — in eight of 14 outings (57.1%) this year.
- Denver has played in seven games this season (out of 14 total matchups — 50% of chances) where they and their opponents combined to score at least 48.0 points.
- These teams average a combined 43.1 points per game, 4.9 fewer points than the over/under of 48.0 set for this game.
- The Chargers and the Broncos have seen their opponents average a combined 8.0 more points per game than the point total of 48.0 set for this outing.
Chargers Key Players
- Justin Herbert leads Los Angeles with 3,781 passing yards (290.8 ypg) on 353-of-531 with 27 touchdowns against 10 interceptions in 13 games this season. He also adds 199 rushing yards (15.3 ypg) on 45 carries while scoring four touchdowns on the ground.
- Austin Ekeler has carried the ball 99 times for a team-high 467 yards (58.4 per game), with one touchdown in eight games this year. He’s also tacked on 45 catches for 347 yards (43.4 per game).
- In 13 games this season, Joshua Kelley has rushed for 354 yards (27.2 per game) on 111 carries with two touchdowns.
- Keenan Allen’s team-high 992 receiving yards (70.9 yards per game) have come on 100 receptions (and 147 targets) with eight touchdowns through 14 games.
- Mike Williams has recorded 594 yards (45.7 yards per game) and four touchdowns, hauling in 38 passes on 68 targets over 13 games this year.
- Jalen Guyton’s 46 targets have resulted in 25 catches for 468 yards (33.4 ypg) and three touchdowns through 14 games played.
- Joey Bosa has collected 7.5 sacks to lead the team through 12 games, while also picking up 15.0 TFL and 38 tackles.
- Kenneth Murray is the team’s leading tackler through 14 games this year. He’s racked up 96 tackles, 5.0 TFL, and one sack.
- Michael Davis has picked off a team-leading three passes. He also has 50 tackles, 2.0 TFL, and 12 passes defended to his name over 14 games.
Uchenna Nwosu: Out (Knee),
Keenan Allen: Questionable (Hamstring),
Denzel Perryman: Questionable (Back),
Joey Bosa: Out (Shin)
Broncos Key Players
- Drew Lock leads Denver with 2,330 passing yards (194.2 ypg) on 205-of-355 with 14 touchdowns against 13 interceptions over 12 games this season. He also adds 138 rushing yards (11.5 ypg) on 37 carries while scoring two touchdowns on the ground.
- The team’s top rusher, Melvin Gordon III, has carried the ball 173 times for 814 yards (62.6 per game), with eight touchdowns in 13 games this year.
- In 12 games this season, Lock has racked up 138 yards (11.5 per game) on 37 carries with two touchdowns.
- Tim Patrick’s 657 receiving yards leads all receivers on the team. He’s been targeted 71 times and has collected 46 catches and six touchdowns through 13 games (averaging 50.5 yards per game).
- Jerry Jeudy has reeled in 41 passes (on 91 targets) for 655 yards (46.8 yards per game) and two touchdowns over 14 games this year.
- Noah Fant’s 52 grabs (on 78 targets) have netted him 560 yards (43.1 ypg) and three touchdowns through 13 games played.
- Bradley Chubb leads the team with 7.5 sacks. He’s also the team’s tackle leader, and has recorded 8.0 TFL and 42 tackles over the course of 14 games.
- Alexander Johnson is the team’s leading tackler through 14 games this year. He’s racked up 107 tackles, 4.0 TFL, and one sack.
Royce Freeman: Questionable (Hip),
DeShawn Williams: Questionable (Knee),
Phillip Lindsay: Out (Hip),
Nate Hairston: Questionable (Toe),
Bradley Chubb: Questionable (Ankle)