The Los Angeles Chargers (6-9) take a three-game winning streak into a matchup with the Kansas City Chiefs (14-1), winners of 10 straight, on Sunday, January 3, 2021 at Arrowhead Stadium. Los Angeles is a 5.0-point favorite in the contest. The point total is set at 43.0 for the game. Place your wager with the best online sportsbook on Chargers vs Chiefs and other week 17 NFL action HERE.
Where to Watch
- Game Day: Sunday, January 3, 2021
- Game Time: 4:25 PM ET
- TV Channel: FOX
- Location: Kansas City, MO
- Stadium: Arrowhead Stadium
BetMGM NFL betting odds
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Betting on the Chargers
- Los Angeles’ record against the spread in away games this year is 4-3, and its record on the road overall is 2-5.
- Los Angeles has an 8-7 record against the spread this year.
- This season, the Chargers are only 1-2 ATS when playing as at least 5.0-point favorites.
- Most of Los Angeles’ games with a betting line — eight out of 15 opportunities — have gone over the point total (53.3%).
- The Chiefs defense has allowed 21.6 points per game this season, close to the same amount as the 23.1 the Chargers have scored.
- When they meet or go over their scoring average this season, Los Angeles is 3-4 and 4-3 against the spread.
- Kansas City is 9-0 overall and 6-3 against the spread this season in games where they allow fewer than 21.6 points.
Betting on the Chiefs
- Most of Kansas City’s games this year — eight out of 15 — have finished under the point total (53.3%).
- Kansas City has put together a losing 7-8 record against the spread this season.
- The Chiefs are just 5-7 ATS when an underdog by at least 5.0 points.
- Kansas City has just a 3-4 record against the spread at home this year, and is 6-1 overall in home games.
- The Chiefs, on average, score 3.1 more points per game this season (30.1) than the Chargers allow (27).
- Kansas City is 8-1 overall and 5-4 against the spread when they score at least 30.1 points this season.
- Los Angeles is 4-3 overall and 5-2 against the spread this season in games where they allow fewer than 27 points.
Betting on the Total – What to Look For
- The Chargers and their opponents have scored at least 43.0 points — this matchup’s over/under — in 11 of 15 opportunities (73.3%) this season.
- Kansas City and its opponents have combined to score more than 43.0 points in 80% of their matchups this year (12 of 15 chances).
- The Chargers and the Chiefs combine to average 10.2 more points per game than the over/under of 43.0 set for this game.
- The Chargers and the Chiefs have seen their opponents average a combined 5.6 more points per game than the point total of 43.0 set in this outing.
- The average over/under the Chargers have had set in matchups this year is 7.1 more points than this outing’s point total.
- Chiefs games this season have averaged a total of 51.7 points, 8.7 more than the point total in this matchup.
Chargers Key Players
- Justin Herbert leads Los Angeles with 4,034 passing yards (288.1 ypg) on 374-of-564 with 28 touchdowns against 10 interceptions in 14 games this season. He also adds 225 rushing yards (16.1 ypg) on 49 carries while scoring four touchdowns on the ground.
- Austin Ekeler has carried the ball 109 times for a team-high 512 yards (56.9 per game), with one touchdown in nine games this year. He’s also caught 48 passes for 370 yards (41.1 per game) and one touchdown.
- In 13 games this season, Joshua Kelley has rushed for 354 yards (27.2 per game) on 111 carries with two touchdowns.
- Mike Williams’ 648 receiving yards (46.3 yards per game) leads the team through 14 games. He has 42 receptions on 78 targets with four touchdowns.
- Jalen Guyton has racked up 511 yards (34.1 yards per game) and three touchdowns, hauling in 28 passes on 51 targets over 15 games this year.
- Joey Bosa has 7.5 sacks to pace the team through 12 games, and also has 15.0 TFL and 38 tackles.
- Kenneth Murray is the team’s tackle leader through 15 games this year. He’s amassed 105 tackles, 5.0 TFL, and one sack.
- Michael Davis has picked off a team-leading three passes. He also has 59 tackles, 2.0 TFL, and 13 passes defended to his name over 15 games.
Malik Jefferson: Out (Shoulder),
Bryan Bulaga: Out (Foot),
Sam Tevi: Questionable (Knee),
Casey Hayward: Out (Hamstring),
Jahleel Addae: Questionable (Calf),
Rayshawn Jenkins: Out (Ankle),
Joey Bosa: Out (Shin)
Chiefs Key Players
- Patrick Mahomes II has 4,740 passing yards (316.0 ypg) to lead Kansas City, completing 66.3% of his passes and collecting touchdown 38 passes and six interceptions over 15 games this season. He’s also chipped in on the ground with 302 rushing yards (20.1 ypg) on 63 carries with two rushing touchdowns.
- Clyde Edwards-Helaire’s team-high 803 rushing yards (61.8 per game) have come on 181 carries, with four touchdowns in 13 games this year. He’s also added 297 yards (22.8 per game) on 36 catches with one touchdown.
- In 11 games this season, Le’Veon Bell has rushed for 328 yards (29.8 per game) on 82 carries with two touchdowns.
- Travis Kelce’s team-high 1,416 receiving yards (94.4 yards per game) have come on 105 receptions (and 145 targets) with 11 touchdowns through 15 games.
- Tyreek Hill has put together a 1,276-yard season so far (85.1 yards per game) with 15 touchdowns, reeling in 87 passes on 134 targets in 15 games.
- Chris Jones leads, the team’s leader in tackles and sacks, has racked up 7.5 sacks, 3.0 TFL and 36 tackles over the course of 14 games.
- Daniel Sorensen, Kansas City’s top-tackler, has 92 tackles, 2.0 TFL, and three interceptions in 15 games this year.
- Tyrann Mathieu has picked off a team-leading six passes. He also has 63 tackles, 3.0 TFL, and nine passes defended to his name over 15 games.
Mike Remmers: Out (Back),
Tyreek Hill: Out (Hamstring),
Le’Veon Bell: Questionable (Knee),
Sammy Watkins: Out (Calf),
Clyde Edwards-Helaire: Out (Ankle),
Derrick Nnadi: Questionable (Knee),
Ben Niemann: Out (Hamstring)