The Los Angeles Chargers (3-8) are favored by only 2.5 points against the New England Patriots (5-6) on Sunday, December 6, 2020. The point total is set at 49.0. Make a pick with BetMGM's online sportsbook on Chargers vs Patriots and other week 13 NFL action HERE.
Where to Watch
- Game Day: Sunday, December 6, 2020
- Game Time: 4:25 PM ET
- TV Channel: CBS
- Location: Inglewood, CA
- Stadium: SoFi Stadium
BetMGM NFL betting lines
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Betting on the Chargers
- This season, Los Angeles' games have gone over the point total in seven out of 11 opportunities.
- Los Angeles is just 2-3 against the spread in home games this year, and is 2-3 overall at home.
- This year, Los Angeles is 5-6 against the spread.
- This season, the Chargers are only 2-3 ATS when playing as at least 2.5-point favorites.
- The Patriots defense has allowed 23.2 points per game this season, about the same amount as the 25.2 the Chargers have scored.
- In games where Los Angeles score at least 25.2 points this season, they are 2-4 overall and 3-3 against the spread.
- New England is 4-1 overall and 4-1 against the spread this season in games where they allow fewer than 23.2 points.
Betting on the Patriots
- Just seven of New England's 11 games this year have gone over the point total (36.4% of its outings).
- New England has a losing 5-6 record against the spread.
- The Patriots have a losing ATS record of 2-3 when playing as at least 2.5-point underdogs.
- The Patriots have averaged 6.5 fewer points per game this season (20.8) than the Chargers have allowed (27.3).
- New England is 4-2 overall and 4-2 against the spread when they score at least 20.8 points this season.
- Los Angeles is 1-3 overall and 2-2 against the spread this season in games where they allow fewer than 27.3 points.
- New England is just 1-4 against the spread in away games this year, and is 1-4 overall on the road.
Betting on the Total - What to Look For
- The Chargers and their opponents have scored at least 49.0 points -- this matchup's over/under -- in seven of 11 games (63.6%) this year.
- The Patriots and their opponents have added up to score at least 49.0 points in 27.3% of their matchups this year (three of 11 chances).
- The two teams average a combined 3.0 less points per game (46) than this game's total of 49.0 points.
- The Chargers and the Patriots have seen their opponents average a combined 1.5 more points per game than the over/under of 49.0 set in this game.
- The average over/under the Chargers have had set in games this season is 3.5 more points than this outing's point total.
- The average total in Patriots games this season is 5.0 fewer points than the point total of 49.0 for this outing.
Chargers Key Players
- Justin Herbert has 3,015 passing yards (301.5 ypg) to lead Los Angeles, completing 66.9% of his passes and collecting touchdown 23 passes and seven interceptions over the course of 10 games this season. He's also helped out on the ground with 185 rushing yards (18.5 ypg) on 41 carries with three rushing touchdowns.
- Joshua Kelley's team-high 346 rushing yards (31.5 per game) have come on 109 carries, with two touchdowns in 11 games this year.
- In five games this season, Austin Ekeler has rushed for 292 yards (58.4 per game) on 63 carries with one touchdown, while also catching 28 passes for 229 yards (45.8 per game).
- Keenan Allen's team-leading 875 receiving yards (79.5 yards per game) have come on 85 receptions (and 122 targets) with seven touchdowns through 11 games.
- Mike Williams has put up a 529-yard season so far (52.9 yards per game) with four touchdowns, reeling in 32 passes on 57 targets over 10 games.
- Hunter Henry's 75 targets have resulted in 48 catches for 502 yards (45.6 ypg) and three touchdowns through 11 games played.
- Joey Bosa has 7.5 sacks to lead the team through nine games, and also has 14.0 TFL and 28 tackles.
- Rayshawn Jenkins, Los Angeles' tackle leader, has 69 tackles, 4.0 TFL, one sack, and one interception in 11 games this year.
- Michael Davis has picked off a team-high two passes. He also has 44 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and nine passes defended to his name over 11 games.
Chargers: Casey Hayward: Questionable (Groin), Kalen Ballage: Questionable (Ankle), Uchenna Nwosu: Questionable (Chest), Denzel Perryman: Doubtful (Back), Troymaine Pope: Questionable (Neck), Joe Reed: Questionable (Ribs)
Patriots Key Players
- Cam Newton leads New England with 1,984 passing yards (180.4 ypg) on 178-of-266 with four touchdowns against nine interceptions over 11 games this season. He also adds 387 rushing yards (35.2 ypg) on 92 carries while scoring nine touchdowns on the ground.
- Damien Harris' team-high 561 rushing yards (70.1 per game) have come on 110 carries, with two touchdowns in eight games this year.
- In 11 games this season, Newton has rushed for 387 yards (35.2 per game) on 92 carries with nine touchdowns.
- Damiere Byrd's team-leading 502 receiving yards (45.6 yards per game) have come on 35 catches (and 55 targets) with one touchdown through 11 games.
- Jakobi Meyers has grabbed 36 passes (on 47 targets) for 443 yards (49.2 yards per game) in nine games this year.
- James White's 42 targets have resulted in 34 receptions for 266 yards (29.6 ypg) through nine games played.
- Chase Winovich has 3.5 sacks to pace the team through 11 games, and also has 4.0 TFL and 34 tackles.
- Adrian Phillips is the team's leading tackler through 11 games this year. He's amassed 70 tackles, 5.0 TFL, and two interceptions.
Patriots: J.C. Jackson: Questionable (Hip), Kyle Dugger: Questionable (Toe), Nick Folk: Questionable (Back), Matthew Slater: Questionable (Knee), Ryan Izzo: Questionable (Hamstring), Adam Butler: Questionable (Shoulder), Ja'Whaun Bentley: Questionable (Groin), J.J. Taylor: Questionable (Quadricep), Cam Newton: Questionable (Abdomen), Byron Cowart: Questionable (Back), Shaq Mason: Questionable (Calf), Jakob Johnson: Questionable (Knee)