The Los Angeles Chargers (0-0) face the Washington Football Team (0-0) on Sunday, September 12, 2021 at FedExField. The line predicts a close game, with the Chargers favored by 1 points. The over/under in the outing is set at 44.5 points. Click here to bet on Los Angeles vs Washington and other NFL games with BetMGM.
Where to watch
- Game Day: Sunday, September 12, 2021
- Game Time: 1:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: CBS
- Location: Landover, Maryland
- Stadium: FedExField
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Betting on the Chargers
- Los Angeles went 9-7-0 ATS last season.
- The Chargers covered the spread five times last season (5-4 ATS) when playing as at least 1-point favorites.
- Last season, the combined scoring went over the point total nine times in Los Angeles' games.
- The Chargers have a 52.4% chance to win this contest based on the moneyline's implied probability.
- The Chargers won six of the nine games they were the moneyline favorite last season (66.7%).
- Los Angeles had a 6-3 record last year (winning 66.7% of its games) when it played as a moneyline favorite of -110 or shorter.
Betting on Washington
- Washington won eight games against the spread last season, while failing to cover or pushing eight times.
- When playing as at least 1-point underdogs last year, the Football Team had an ATS record of 7-5-1.
- Washington's games hit the over five out of 16 times last year.
- The moneyline for this contest implies a 51.2% chance of a victory for the Football Team.
- Last season, the Football Team were the underdog 12 times and won four, or 33.3%, of those games.
- Washington entered 12 games last season as the underdog by -105 or more and was 4-8 in those contests.
Betting on the Total - What to Look For
- Los Angeles and its opponents went over 44.5 combined points in 10 of 16 games last season.
- Washington combined with its opponent to score more than 44.5 points in six of 17 games last season.
- The two teams combined to score 44.9 points per game last season, 0.4 more points than this matchup's total.
- Combined, these teams surrendered 47.2 points per contest last year, 2.7 more points than the over/under for this game.
- The Chargers had an average total of 47.2 in their outings last season, 2.7 more points than the over/under for this game.
- The Football Team had a 44.3-point average over/under in their contests last year, 0.2 fewer points than this game's total.
Chargers Key Players
- Justin Herbert recorded 4,336 passing yards (271 yards per game) with a 66.6% completion percentage last year (396-of-595), while throwing 31 touchdowns and 10 interceptions. He also added 234 rushing yards on 55 carries with five touchdowns, averaging 14.6 yards per game.
- Austin Ekeler ran for 530 yards on 116 carries (53 yards per game) while scoring one touchdown a season ago. He also averaged 40.3 receiving yards per game, grabbing 54 passes for 403 yards and two touchdowns.
- Last season Joshua Kelley rushed for 354 yards on 111 carries (22.1 ypg), with two rushing touchdowns.
- Last season, Keenan Allen reeled in 100 passes (on 147 targets) for 992 yards (62 yards per game) with eight touchdowns.
- Mike Williams contributed with 48 catches for 756 yards and five touchdowns last year. He was targeted 85 times and averaged 47.3 receiving yards per game.
- Jalen Guyton racked up 511 yards on 28 catches with three touchdowns last year, averaging 31.9 yards per game on 55 targets.
- Joey Bosa had a strong body of work a year ago, collecting 7.5 sacks, 14.5 TFL and 49 tackles.
- In last year's campaign, Kenneth Murray totaled 146 tackles, four TFL, and one sack.
- Michael Davis intercepted three passes and tacked on 80 tackles, 2.5 TFL, and 14 passes defended last season.
Chargers Injuries: Bryan Bulaga: Questionable (Hamstring), Trai Turner: Questionable (Knee), Virgil Green: Questionable (Quadricep), Mike Williams: Questionable (Shoulder), Mike Pouncey: Out (Hip)
Washington Key Players
- Ryan Fitzpatrick threw for 2,091 yards while completing 68.5% of his passes (183-of-267), with 13 touchdowns and eight interceptions last year (130.7 yards per game).
- Antonio Gibson ran for 795 yards on 170 carries (49.7 yards per game) while scoring 11 touchdowns a season ago. He also averaged 15.4 receiving yards per game, grabbing 36 passes for 247 yards.
- J.D. McKissic totaled 365 rushing yards on 85 carries (22.8 yards per game), with one touchdown on the ground last season. He also caught 80 passes for 589 (36.8 yards per game) and two touchdowns.
- Last season Terry McLaurin was targeted 134 times and recorded 87 catches for 1,118 yards (69.9 ypg) with four touchdowns.
- Curtis Samuel also contributed with 77 catches for 851 yards and three touchdowns last year. He was targeted 97 times and averaged 53.2 receiving yards per game.
- Logan Thomas racked up 670 yards on 72 catches with six touchdowns in 2020, averaging 41.9 yards per game (on 110 targets).
- Last season Montez Sweat put up nine sacks, 14 TFL, 62 tackles, and one interception.
- Jon Bostic totaled 175 tackles, six TFL, three sacks, and one interception over the course of his 2020 campaign.
- Last season Kendall Fuller hauled in four interceptions and added 62 tackles, one TFL, and 11 passes defended.
Washington Injuries: Saahdiq Charles: Questionable (Calf), Thomas Davis Sr.: Out (Calf), Kendall Fuller: Doubtful (Knee)
This article powered by Data Skrive.