The AFC Divisional round of the 2020 NFL Playoffs features a showdown between the Kansas City Chiefs (14-2) (who are big, 10-point favorites) and the Cleveland Browns (11-5) on January 17, 2021 at 3:05 PM ET on CBS. An over/under of 57.0 is set for the contest. Bet with the best online sportsbook on Chiefs vs Browns and other week 2 NFL action HERE.
Where to Watch
- Game Day: Sunday, January 17, 2021
- Game Time: 3:05 PM ET
- TV Channel: CBS
- Location: Kansas City, MO
- Stadium: Arrowhead Stadium
Bet the Game with BetMGM
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Betting on the Chiefs
- This season, Kansas City’s games have gone above the point total in eight out of 16 opportunities (50%).
- Kansas City is just 3-5 against the spread in home games this year, and is 6-2 overall at home.
- This year, Kansas City is 7-9 against the spread.
- This season, the Chiefs are only 2-4 ATS when projected as at least 10.0-point favorites.
- The Chiefs, on average, score 3.4 more points per game this season (29.6) than the Browns allow (26.2).
- When they meet or go over their scoring average this season, Kansas City is 8-1 and 5-4 against the spread.
- When the Cleveland defense allows 26.2 points or fewer this year, the Browns have pieced together a 7-2 overall record and a 4-5 record against the spread.
Betting on the Browns
- 9 of Cleveland’s 16 games this year have gone over the point total (56.2% of its outings).
- Cleveland has put together a losing 6-10 record against the spread this season.
- The Browns have a losing ATS record of 0-1 when playing as at least 10.0-point underdogs.
- Cleveland is just 3-5 against the spread in away games this year, and is 5-3 overall on the road.
- The Chiefs defense has allowed 22.6 points per game this season, close to the same amount as the 25.5 the Browns have scored.
- In games where Cleveland scores at least 25.5 points this season, they are 7-1 overall and 4-4 against the spread.
- Kansas City is 9-0 overall and 6-3 against the spread this season in games where they allow fewer than 22.6 points.
Betting on the Total – What to Look For
- The average over/under the Chiefs have had set in matchups this season is 4.8 less points than this outing’s point total.
- The average total in Browns games this year is 5.3 less points than the point total of 57.0 in this outing.
- The Chiefs and their opponents have combined to record more than 57.0 points in 43.8% of their games this year (seven of 16 opportunities).
- The Browns and their opponents have combined to score at least 57.0 points in 31.2% of their games this year (five of 16 opportunities).
- The two teams average a combined 1.9 less points per game (55.1) than this game’s total of 57.0 points.
- The Chiefs and the Browns have seen their opponents average a combined 8.2 less points per game than the over/under of 57.0 set for this outing.
Chiefs Key Players
- Patrick Mahomes II leads Kansas City with 4,740 passing yards (316.0 ypg) on 390-of-588 with 38 touchdowns against six interceptions in 15 games this season. He also adds 302 rushing yards (20.1 ypg) on 63 carries while scoring two touchdowns on the ground.
- Clyde Edwards-Helaire has carried the ball 181 times for a team-high 803 yards (61.8 per game), with four touchdowns in 13 games this year. He’s also tacked on 36 catches for 297 yards (22.8 per game) and one touchdown.
- In 11 games this season, Le’Veon Bell has racked up 328 yards (29.8 per game) on 82 attempts with two touchdowns.
- Travis Kelce’s team-high 1,416 receiving yards (94.4 yards per game) have come on 105 catches (and 145 targets) with 11 touchdowns through 15 games.
- Tyreek Hill has put together a 1,276-yard season so far (85.1 yards per game) with 15 touchdowns, reeling in 87 passes on 134 targets in 15 games.
- Mecole Hardman’s 62 targets have resulted in 41 grabs for 560 yards (35.0 ypg) and four touchdowns through 16 games played.
- Chris Jones has 7.5 sacks to lead the team through 15 games, and also has 3.0 TFL and 36 tackles.
- Daniel Sorensen is the team’s leading tackler through 15 games this year. He’s picked up 92 tackles, 2.0 TFL, and three interceptions.
- Tyrann Mathieu has picked off a team-high six passes. He also has 63 tackles, 3.0 TFL, and nine passes defended to his name over 15 games.
Clyde Edwards-Helaire: Questionable (Ankle),
Sammy Watkins: Out (Calf),
Deon Yelder: Questionable (Groin),
Willie Gay Jr.: Out (Ankle),
Rashad Fenton: Questionable (Foot)
Browns Key Players
- Baker Mayfield has 3,563 passing yards (222.7 ypg) to lead Cleveland, completing 62.8% of his passes and recording touchdown 26 passes and eight interceptions over 16 games this season. He’s also contributed on the ground with 165 rushing yards (10.3 ypg) on 54 carries with one rushing touchdown.
- Nick Chubb’s team-high 1,067 rushing yards (88.9 per game) have come on 190 carries, with 12 touchdowns in 12 games this year.
- In 16 games this season, Kareem Hunt has collected 841 yards (52.6 per game) on 198 attempts with six touchdowns, while also grabbing 38 passes for 304 yards (19.0 per game) and five touchdowns.
- Jarvis Landry’s team-high 840 receiving yards (52.5 yards per game) have come on 72 receptions (and 101 targets) with three touchdowns through 16 games.
- Rashard Higgins has put together a 599-yard season so far (42.8 yards per game) with four touchdowns, hauling in 37 passes on 52 targets in 14 games.
- Austin Hooper’s 46 grabs (on 70 targets) have netted him 435 yards (33.5 ypg) and four touchdowns through 13 games played.
- Myles Garrett leads the team with 12.0 sacks. He’s also the team’s tackle leader, and has recorded 10.0 TFL and 48 tackles over the course of 16 games.
- B.J. Goodson, Cleveland’s tackle leader, has 91 tackles, 2.0 TFL, 0.5 sacks, and two interceptions in 16 games this year.
- Goodson leads the team with two interceptions, while also collecting 91 tackles, 2.0 TFL, 0.5 sacks, and five passes defended over 16 games.
David Njoku: Questionable (Hamstring),
Jack Conklin: Questionable (Hamstring),
Stephen Carlson: Questionable (Groin),
B.J. Goodson: Questionable (Shoulder)