The Atlanta Falcons (4-10) take a three-game losing streak into a matchup against the Kansas City Chiefs (13-1) on Sunday, December 27, 2020 at Arrowhead Stadium. Kansas City is a 10.5-point favorite in the game. An over/under of 52.5 is set in the contest. Place your wager with the best online sportsbook on Chiefs vs Falcons and other week 16 NFL action HERE.
Where to Watch
- Game Day: Sunday, December 27, 2020
- Game Time: 1:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: FOX
- Location: Kansas City, MO
- Stadium: Arrowhead Stadium
BetMGM NFL betting odds
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Betting on the Chiefs
- This year, Kansas City has assembled a 7-7 record against the spread.
- This season, the Chiefs have an ATS record of 2-2 when playing as at least 10.5-point favorites.
- This season, Kansas City’s games have gone above the point total in seven out of 14 opportunities (50%).
- The Chiefs have put an average of 31.1 points per game on the scoreboard this season, 5.9 more than the 25.2 the Falcons have surrendered in each contest.
- In games where Kansas City score at least 31.1 points this season, they are 8-1 overall and 5-4 against the spread.
- Atlanta is 3-5 overall and 3-5 against the spread this season in games where they allow fewer than 25.2 points.
- Kansas City is an even 3-3 against the spread in home games this year, and is 5-1 overall at home.
Betting on the Falcons
- Most of Atlanta’s games this year — eight out of 14 — have finished under the point total (57.1%).
- Atlanta has compiled a losing 6-8 record against the spread this season.
- Atlanta has an even 3-3 record against the spread on the road this year, and is 2-4 overall in away games.
- The Falcons, on average, score 3.3 more points per game this season (25.4) than the Chiefs allow (22.1).
- Atlanta is 3-3 overall and 5-1 against the spread when they score at least 25.4 points this season.
- When Kansas City allows opposing offenses to put 22.1 points or fewer on the scoreboard this year, they are 8-0 overall and 6-2 against the spread.
Betting on the Total – What to Look For
- The Chiefs and their opponents have combined to score more than 52.5 points in 57.1% of their games this season (eight of 14 opportunities).
- Atlanta and its opponents have combined to score at least 52.5 points in 42.9% of their matchups this season (six of 14 opportunities).
- The Chiefs and the Falcons combine to average 4.0 more points per game than the total of 52.5 set for this matchup.
- The Chiefs and the Falcons have seen their opponents average a combined 5.2 less points per game than the point total of 52.5 set for this matchup.
- The average point total for Chiefs games this season is 0.7 more points than the over/under of 52.5 in this matchup.
- The average over/under for Falcons games this season is 1.9 fewer points than the point total of 52.5 for this outing.
Chiefs Key Players
- Patrick Mahomes II has 4,462 passing yards (318.7 ypg) to lead Kansas City, completing 67.3% of his passes and tossing touchdown 36 passes and five interceptions in 14 games this season. He’s also chipped in on the ground with 281 rushing yards (20.1 ypg) on 60 carries with two rushing touchdowns.
- Clyde Edwards-Helaire has carried the ball 181 times for a team-high 803 yards (61.8 per game), with four touchdowns in 13 games this year. He’s also tacked on 36 catches for 297 yards (22.8 per game) and one touchdown.
- In 10 games this season, Le’Veon Bell has rushed for 298 yards (29.8 per game) on 75 carries with two touchdowns.
- Travis Kelce’s team-high 1,318 receiving yards (94.1 yards per game) have come on 98 catches (and 132 targets) with 10 touchdowns through 14 games.
- Tyreek Hill has racked up 1,211 yards (86.5 yards per game) and 15 touchdowns, hauling in 83 passes on 128 targets over 14 games this year.
- Mecole Hardman’s 54 targets have resulted in 36 catches for 511 yards (36.5 ypg) and four touchdowns through 14 games played.
- Chris Jones has 6.5 sacks to pace the team through 13 games, and also has 2.0 TFL and 35 tackles.
- Daniel Sorensen, Kansas City’s leading tackler, has 85 tackles, 2.0 TFL, and three interceptions in 14 games this year.
- Tyrann Mathieu has picked off a team-high six passes. He also has 62 tackles, 3.0 TFL, and nine passes defended to his name over 14 games.
Tyreek Hill: Questionable (Hamstring),
Damien Wilson: Out (Knee),
Clyde Edwards-Helaire: Out (Ankle),
Frank Clark: Questionable (Illness)
Falcons Key Players
- Matt Ryan has 4,016 passing yards (286.9 ypg) to lead Atlanta, completing 64.2% of his passes and throwing touchdown 22 passes and 11 interceptions in 14 games this season.
- Todd Gurley II’s team-high 644 rushing yards (49.5 per game) have come on 182 carries, with nine touchdowns in 13 games this year.
- In 14 games this season, Brian Hill has collected 335 yards (23.9 per game) on 84 carries with one touchdown.
- Calvin Ridley’s 1,192 receiving yards paces all receivers on the team. He’s been targeted 122 times and has collected 77 catches and nine touchdowns through 13 games (averaging 91.7 yards per game).
- Julio Jones has grabbed 51 passes (on 68 targets) for 771 yards (85.7 yards per game) and three touchdowns over nine games this year.
- Russell Gage’s 59 grabs (on 94 targets) have netted him 672 yards (48.0 ypg) and three touchdowns through 14 games played.
- Deion Jones paces the team with 4.5 sacks through 14 games, and also has 8.0 TFL, 94 tackles, and two interceptions.
- Foyesade Oluokun is the team’s tackle leader through 13 games this year. He’s amassed 102 tackles, 4.0 TFL, three sacks, and one interception.
- Blidi Wreh-Wilson has picked off a team-high three passes. He also has seven tackles, 1.0 TFL, and four passes defended to his name over 13 games.
James Carpenter: Out (Groin),
Brandon Powell: Questionable (Foot),
Ricardo Allen: Questionable (Concussion),
Julio Jones: Out (Hamstring),
Alex Mack: Out (Concussion),
Marlon Davidson: Questionable (Knee),
Darqueze Dennard: Out (Quadricep)