A pair of division leaders meet when the AFC West-leading Kansas City Chiefs (12-1) face the NFC South-leading New Orleans Saints (10-3) on Sunday, December 20, 2020 at Mercedes-Benz Superdome. Kansas City is a 3.0-point favorite in the matchup. The over/under is set at 52.5 for the outing. Place your wager with BetMGM's online sportsbook on Chiefs vs Saints and other week 15 NFL action HERE.
Where to Watch
- Game Day: Sunday, December 20, 2020
- Game Time: 4:25 PM ET
- TV Channel: CBS
- Location: New Orleans, LA
- Stadium: Mercedes-Benz Superdome
BetMGM NFL betting lines
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Betting on the Chiefs
- This season, less than half of Kansas City's games with a betting line -- six out of 13 opportunities -- have gone over the point total.
- Kansas City's record against the spread in away games this year is just 3-4, and its record on the road overall is 7-0.
- This year, Kansas City is 6-7 against the spread.
- This season, the Chiefs have a losing ATS record of 5-7 when playing as at least 3.0-point favorites.
- The Chiefs have put an average of 31 points per game on the scoreboard this season, 10.6 more than the 20.4 the Saints have surrendered in each contest.
- In games where Kansas City score at least 31 points this season, they are 7-1 overall and 4-4 against the spread.
- New Orleans is 5-0 overall and 5-0 against the spread this season in games where they allow fewer than 20.4 points.
Betting on the Saints
- New Orleans' games have hit the over in eight out of 13 outings this season (61.5%).
- New Orleans has compiled a 7-6 record against the spread this season.
- The Saints have a split ATS record of 6-6 when an underdog by at least 3.0 points.
- The Saints, on average, score 6.7 more points per game this season (28.3) than the Chiefs allow (21.6).
- In games where New Orleans scores at least 28.3 points this season, they are 5-1 overall and 4-2 against the spread.
- When Kansas City allows opposing offenses to put 21.6 points or fewer on the scoreboard this year, they are 8-0 overall and 6-2 against the spread.
- New Orleans is an even 3-3 against the spread in home games this year, and is 5-1 overall at home.
Betting on the Total - What to Look For
- The average over/under the Chiefs have had set in games this season is 0.1 more points than this outing's point total.
- The average total in Saints games this year is 3.8 less points than the point total of 52.5 in this outing.
- The Chiefs and their opponents have scored more than 52.5 points in 53.8% of their outings this season (seven of 13 opportunities).
- New Orleans has played in five games this season (out of 13 total matchups -- 38.5% of chances) where they and their opponents combined to score at least 52.5 points.
- The Chiefs and the Saints combine to average 6.8 more points per game than the over/under of 52.5 set for this game.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 10.5 fewer points per game (42) than this game's total of 52.5 points.
Chiefs Key Players
- Patrick Mahomes II has been a dual threat to lead Kansas City in both passing and rushing. He has 4,208 passing yards (323.7 ypg), completing 68.4% of his passes and recording touchdown 33 passes and five interceptions over the course of 13 games this season. He's rushed for 244 yards (18.8 ypg) on 53 carries with two rushing touchdowns.
- Clyde Edwards-Helaire has carried the ball 167 times for a team-high 724 yards (60.3 per game), with four touchdowns in 12 games this year. He's also tacked on 35 catches for 293 yards (24.4 per game) and one touchdown.
- Travis Kelce's 1,250 receiving yards (96.2 yards per game) leads the team through 13 games. He has 90 catches on 120 targets with nine touchdowns.
- Tyreek Hill has put up an 1,158-yard season so far (89.1 yards per game) with 14 touchdowns, reeling in 77 passes on 118 targets in 13 games.
- Mecole Hardman's 33 catches have turned into 489 yards (37.6 ypg) and three touchdowns through 13 games played. He's been targeted 45 times.
- Chris Jones has racked up 6.5 sacks to pace the team through 12 games, while also picking up 2.0 TFL and 35 tackles.
- Daniel Sorensen, Kansas City's top-tackler, has 81 tackles, 2.0 TFL, and three interceptions in 13 games this year.
- Tyrann Mathieu has a team-high six interceptions to go along with 60 tackles, 2.0 TFL, and nine passes defended over 13 games.
Chiefs: Damien Wilson: Out (Knee), Eric Fisher: Questionable (Back), Mike Remmers: Doubtful (Back), Darwin Thompson: Out (Illness)
Saints Key Players
- Drew Brees has been a dual threat to lead New Orleans in both passing and rushing. He has 2,196 passing yards (244.0 ypg), completing 73.5% of his passes and throwing touchdown 18 passes and three interceptions over nine games this season. He's rushed for 1 yards (0.1 ypg) on 15 carries with two rushing touchdowns.
- Alvin Kamara's team-high 723 rushing yards (55.6 per game) have come on 154 carries, with 10 touchdowns in 13 games this year. He's also added 77 catches for 699 yards (53.8 per game) and four touchdowns.
- Kamara's 699 receiving yards paces all receivers on the team. He's been targeted 96 times and has totaled 77 catches and four touchdowns through 13 games (averaging 53.8 yards per game).
- Emmanuel Sanders has hauled in 44 passes (on 59 targets) for 504 yards (38.8 yards per game) and four touchdowns over 13 games this year.
- Tre'Quan Smith's 48 targets have resulted in 33 receptions for 423 yards (32.5 ypg) and four touchdowns through 13 games played.
- Trey Hendrickson leads, who leads the team in tackles and sacks, has amassed 10.5 sacks, 10.0 TFL and 22 tackles over the course of 13 games.
- Demario Davis is the team's top-tackler through 13 games this year. He's picked up 90 tackles, 10.0 TFL, and four sacks.
- Marcus Williams has picked off a team-high three passes. He also has 57 tackles and six passes defended to his name over 13 games.
Saints: Malcom Brown: Out (Shoulder), Deonte Harris: Questionable (Neck), Michael Thomas: Out (Ankle), Nick Easton: Out (Concussion)