For more than two decades, Chris Chelios exuded excellence on and off the ice. He was the epitome of class, determination, and elite performance in winning three Stanley Cups over 26 NHL seasons.
So when BetMGM arrived in Michigan, the 11-time NHL All-Star was the perfect partner.
In January 2021, 22 years after his first game with the Detroit Red Wings, Chelios signed a multi-year deal as a celebrity brand ambassador.
Chris Chelios - Former NHL player & BetMGM brand ambassador
Chris Chelios BetMGM Ambassador
Since signing with the King of Sportsbooks, Chelios has played a pivotal role in the company’s marketing efforts in the state of Michigan and across the country.
The Hall of Famer has made regular guest appearances on Detroit’s WXYT 97.1-FM The Ticket, provided unique content for BetMGM’s social media channels and marketing campaigns, and engaged with fans, customers, and BetMGM Rewards members at MGM Grand Detroit.
Chris Chelios Career Highlights
Chris Chelios retired from professional hockey after the 2009-10 NHL season, capping a remarkable career that included dozens of accomplishments, including:
- Won two of his three Stanley Cups with the Red Wings
- Tied with Gordie Howe for most NHL seasons played (26)
- Most games played by a defenseman in NHL history (1,651)
- Most playoff games played in NHL history (266)
- Missed the postseason only twice in 26 NHL seasons
- One of only two hockey players to appear in four Olympic games for the United States