The Jacksonville Jaguars (1-14) are two-touchdown underdogs in a home AFC South matchup with the Indianapolis Colts (10-5) on Sunday, January 3, 2021 Lucas Oil Stadium. The over/under is set at 48.5. Place your wager with BetMGM's online sportsbook on Colts vs Jaguars and other week 17 NFL action HERE.
Where to Watch
- Game Day: Sunday, January 3, 2021
- Game Time: 4:25 PM ET
- TV Channel: CBS
- Location: Indianapolis, IN
- Stadium: Lucas Oil Stadium
BetMGM NFL betting lines
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Betting on the Colts
- Indianapolis is just 3-4 against the spread in home games this year, and is 5-2 overall at home.
- Indianapolis has an 8-7 record against the spread this year.
- Most of Indianapolis' games with a betting line -- nine out of 15 opportunities -- have surpassed the point total (60%).
- The Colts average points scored this season (28.2) and the Jaguars points allowed (30.9) are within 2.7 points of each other.
- In games where Indianapolis score at least 28.2 points this season, they are 6-0 overall and 5-1 against the spread.
- Jacksonville is 1-6 overall and 5-2 against the spread this season in games where they allow fewer than 30.9 points.
Betting on the Jaguars
- Jacksonville's games have hit the over in eight out of 15 outings this season (53.3%).
- Jacksonville has a losing 6-9 record against the spread.
- Jacksonville is just 3-4 against the spread in away games this year, and is 0-7 overall on the road.
- The average points per game output for the Jaguars this season, 19.5, is 3.7 fewer than the 23.2 the Colts have given up in each contest.
- In games where Jacksonville scores at least 19.5 points this season, they are 1-7 overall and 6-2 against the spread.
- Indianapolis is 7-0 overall and 6-1 against the spread this season in games where they allow fewer than 23.2 points.
Betting on the Total - What to Look For
- The Colts and their opponents have combined for 48.5 points -- this matchup's over/under -- in eight of 15 opportunities (53.3%) this year.
- The Jaguars have played in nine games this year (out of 15 total matchups -- 60% of opportunities) where they combined with their opponents to score at least 48.5 points.
- The two teams average a combined 0.8 fewer points per game (47.7) than this matchup's over/under of 48.5 points.
- Opponents of these two teams have averaged a combined 54.1 points per game, 5.6 more than the over/under for this game.
- The average total the Colts have had set in games this season is 2.9 more points than this outing's point total.
- The average point total for the Jaguars this year is 1.9 points higher than this game's over/under.
Colts Key Players
- Philip Rivers has 4,005 passing yards (267.0 ypg) to lead Indianapolis, completing 68.3% of his passes and tossing touchdown 23 passes and 10 interceptions over the course of 15 games this season.
- Jonathan Taylor's team-high 916 rushing yards (61.1 per game) have come on 202 carries, with nine touchdowns in 15 games this year. He's also added 35 catches for 298 yards (19.9 per game) and one touchdown.
- In 15 games this season, Nyheim Hines has rushed for 363 yards (24.2 per game) on 87 carries with three touchdowns, while also catching 58 passes for 432 yards (28.8 per game) and four touchdowns.
- T.Y. Hilton's team-high 735 receiving yards (52.5 yards per game) have come on 53 catches (and 86 targets) with four touchdowns through 14 games.
- Zach Pascal has totaled 588 yards (39.2 yards per game) and five touchdowns, hauling in 42 passes on 67 targets over 15 games this year.
- Michael Pittman Jr.'s 38 grabs are good enough for 475 yards (39.6 ypg) and one touchdown through 12 games played. He's been targeted 58 times.
- Denico Autry has 7.5 sacks to pace the team through 15 games, and also has 9.0 TFL and 30 tackles.
- Darius Leonard is the team's leading tackler through 13 games this year. He's collected 119 tackles, 7.0 TFL, and two sacks.
- Kenny Moore II has a team-leading four interceptions to go along with 71 tackles, 3.0 TFL, one sack, and 12 passes defended over 15 games.
Colts: Will Holden: Out (Ankle), Khari Willis: Out (Concussion), Rock Ya-Sin: Out (Concussion), Michael Pittman: Questionable (Concussion)
Jaguars Key Players
- Gardner Minshew leads Jacksonville with 2,259 passing yards (251.0 ypg) on 216-of-327 with 16 touchdowns against five interceptions in nine games this season. He also adds 153 rushing yards (17.0 ypg) on 29 carries while scoring one touchdown on the ground.
- James Robinson's team-high 1,070 rushing yards (76.4 per game) have come on 240 carries, with seven touchdowns in 14 games this year. He's also tacked on 49 catches for 344 yards (24.6 per game) and three touchdowns.
- In nine games this season, Minshew has rushed for 153 yards (17.0 per game) on 29 carries with one touchdown.
- D.J. Chark's 706 receiving yards leads all receivers on the team. He's been targeted 94 times and has totaled 53 catches and five touchdowns through 13 games (averaging 54.3 yards per game).
- Keelan Cole has put up a 619-yard season so far (41.3 yards per game) with five touchdowns, reeling in 52 passes on 79 targets over 15 games.
- Laviska Shenault Jr.'s 70 targets have resulted in 52 grabs for 532 yards (40.9 ypg) and three touchdowns through 13 games played.
- Dawuane Smoot leads the team with 5.5 sacks. He's also the team's tackle leader, and has recorded 5.0 TFL and 23 tackles over the course of 15 games.
- Joe Schobert is the team's top-tackler through 15 games this year. He's totaled 132 tackles, 6.0 TFL, 2.5 sacks, and three interceptions.
Jaguars: Collin Johnson: Out (Hamstring), Nathan Cottrell: Questionable (Hip), James Robinson: Out (Ankle), D.J. Chark Jr.: Out (Shin)