The Indianapolis Colts (9-4) are touchdown favorites when they host the Houston Texans (4-9) in an AFC South matchup on Sunday, December 20, 2020 at Lucas Oil Stadium. The over/under is set at 51.0 for the outing. Make a pick with the best online sportsbook on Colts vs Texans and other week 15 NFL action HERE.
Where to Watch
- Game Day: Sunday, December 20, 2020
- Game Time: 1:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: CBS
- Location: Indianapolis, IN
- Stadium: Lucas Oil Stadium
Bet the Game with BetMGM
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Betting on the Colts
- This season, Indianapolis’ games have gone over the point total in eight out of 13 opportunities.
- Indianapolis’ record against the spread in home games this year is an even 3-3, and its record at home overall is 4-2.
- Indianapolis has an 8-5 record against the spread this year.
- This season, the Colts have a losing ATS record of 1-2 when playing as at least 7.0-point favorites.
- The Colts average points scored this season (28.6) and the Texans points allowed (27.6) are within one point of each other.
- When they meet or outpace their scoring average this season, Indianapolis is 6-0 and 5-1 against the spread.
- Houston is 4-2 overall and 4-2 against the spread this season in games where they allow fewer than 27.6 points.
Betting on the Texans
- Houston has compiled a losing 4-9 record against the spread this season.
- Most of Houston’s games this year — seven out of 13 — have not gone over the point total (53.8%).
- The Colts defense has allowed 23.1 points per game this season, about the same amount as the 22.7 the Texans have scored.
- Houston is 4-2 overall and 3-3 against the spread when they score at least 22.7 points this season.
- Indianapolis is 6-0 overall and 6-0 against the spread this season in games where they allow fewer than 23.1 points.
- Houston is just 2-5 against the spread in away games this year, and is 2-5 overall on the road.
Betting on the Total – What to Look For
- The Colts and their opponents have scored at least 51.0 points — this matchup’s over/under — in seven of 13 games (53.8%) this season.
- In six of 13 outings (46.2%) this season, Houston and its opponents have combined to score at least 51.0 points.
- The two teams average a combined 0.3 more points per game (51.3) than this game’s over/under of 51.0 points.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 0.3 fewer points per game (50.7) than this matchup’s total of 51.0 points.
- The average over/under the Colts have had set in matchups this season is 0.7 more points than this outing’s point total.
- The average point total for the Texans this season is 0.7 points less than this game’s over/under.
Colts Key Players
- Philip Rivers leads Indianapolis with 3,507 passing yards (269.8 ypg) on 309-of-454 with 20 touchdowns against nine interceptions over the course of 13 games this season.
- Jonathan Taylor has carried the ball 168 times for a team-high 759 yards (58.4 per game), with six touchdowns in 13 games this year. He’s also tacked on 31 catches for 286 yards (22.0 per game) and one touchdown.
- In 13 games this season, Jordan Wilkins has collected 308 yards (23.7 per game) on 84 attempts with one touchdown.
- T.Y. Hilton’s 604 receiving yards (50.3 yards per game) leads the team through 12 games. He has 46 receptions on 73 targets with four touchdowns.
- Zach Pascal has put together a 445-yard season so far (34.2 yards per game) with two touchdowns, reeling in 34 passes on 55 targets in 13 games.
- Michael Pittman Jr.’s 50 targets have resulted in 33 receptions for 418 yards (41.8 ypg) and one touchdown through 10 games played.
- Justin Houston has racked up 7.5 sacks to pace the team through 13 games, while also picking up 7.0 TFL and 21 tackles.
- Darius Leonard, Indianapolis’ leading tackler, has 97 tackles, 6.0 TFL, and two sacks in 11 games this year.
- Kenny Moore II has a team-high four interceptions to go along with 58 tackles, 2.0 TFL, one sack, and 11 passes defended over 13 games.
Anthony Castonzo: Questionable (Knee),
DeForest Buckner: Questionable (Ankle),
Mo Alie-Cox: Questionable (Knee)
Texans Key Players
- Deshaun Watson has 3,761 passing yards (289.3 ypg) to lead Houston, completing 68.9% of his passes and throwing touchdown 25 passes and six interceptions in 13 games this season. He’s also helped out on the ground with 369 rushing yards (28.4 ypg) on 76 carries with three rushing touchdowns.
- The team’s top rusher, David Johnson, has carried the ball 113 times for 452 yards (45.2 per game), with four touchdowns in 10 games this year. He’s also caught 16 passes for 161 yards (16.1 per game) and one touchdown.
- In 13 games this season, Watson has rushed for 369 yards (28.4 per game) on 76 carries with three touchdowns.
- Brandin Cooks’ team-leading 784 receiving yards (65.3 yards per game) have come on 57 receptions (and 86 targets) with three touchdowns through 12 games.
- Jordan Akins has hauled in 27 passes (on 37 targets) for 305 yards (30.5 yards per game) and one touchdown in 10 games this year.
- Darren Fells’ 27 targets have resulted in 20 receptions for 290 yards (22.3 ypg) and three touchdowns through 13 games played.
- J.J. Watt paces the team with 5.0 sacks through 13 games, and also has 11.0 TFL, 44 tackles, and one interception.
- Zach Cunningham, Houston’s top-tackler, has 127 tackles, 5.0 TFL, and three sacks in 13 games this year.
Phillip Gaines: Questionable (Knee),
John Reid: Questionable (Neck),
C.J. Prosise: Questionable (Ankle),
Lonnie Johnson Jr.: Questionable (Knee),
Duke Johnson Jr.: Questionable (Neck)