The Dallas Cowboys (6-9) visit the New York Giants (5-10) on Sunday, January 3, 2021 in matchup between NFC East rivals at MetLife Stadium. New York is a 1.5-point underdog. The game has a point total of 44.5. Place your wager with BetMGM's online sportsbook on Cowboys vs Giants and other week 17 NFL action HERE.
Where to Watch
- Game Day: Sunday, January 3, 2021
- Game Time: 1:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: FOX
- Location: East Rutherford, NJ
- Stadium: MetLife Stadium
Bet the Game with BetMGM
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Betting on the Cowboys
- This season, Dallas' games have gone over the point total in nine out of 15 opportunities.
- Dallas' record against the spread in away games this year is just 2-5, and its record on the road overall is 2-5.
- This year, Dallas has assembled a losing 5-10 record against the spread.
- This season, the Cowboys are just 1-4 ATS when playing as at least 1.5-point favorites.
- The Giants defense has allowed 22.5 points per game this season, about the same amount as the 25.1 the Cowboys have scored.
- In games where Dallas score at least 25.1 points this season, they are 6-2 overall and 4-4 against the spread.
- When the New York defense allows 22.5 points or fewer this year, the Giants have put together a 5-4 overall record and a 6-3 record against the spread.
Betting on the Giants
- New York has an 8-7 record against the spread.
- The Giants are just 0-2 ATS when an underdog by at least 1.5 points.
- Most of New York's games this year -- 11 out of 15 -- have failed to go over the point total (73.3%).
- The Giants have averaged 12.9 fewer points per game this season (17.1) than the Cowboys have allowed (30).
- New York is 4-3 overall and 5-2 against the spread when they score at least 17.1 points this season.
- When Dallas allows opposing offenses to put 30 points or fewer on the scoreboard this year, they are 3-4 overall and 4-3 against the spread.
- New York is just 2-5 against the spread in home games this year, and is 2-5 overall at home.
Betting on the Total - What to Look For
- The Cowboys and their opponents have recorded more than 44.5 points in 66.7% of their outings this year (10 of 15 opportunities).
- New York has played in three games this season (out of 15 total matchups -- 20% of opportunities) where they and their opponents combined to score more than 44.5 points.
- The two teams average a combined 2.3 fewer points per game (42.2) than this game's total of 44.5 points.
- Opponents of these two teams have averaged a combined 52.5 points per game, 8.0 more than the point total for this game.
- The average point total for Cowboys games this year is 10.6 more points than the over/under of 44.5 in this matchup.
- The average point total for the Giants this season is 4.8 points lower than this game's over/under.
Cowboys Key Players
- Andy Dalton leads Dallas with 1,926 passing yards (175.1 ypg) on 187-of-286 with 14 touchdowns against seven interceptions over 11 games this season.
- Ezekiel Elliott has carried the ball 230 times for a team-high 937 yards (66.9 per game), with five touchdowns in 14 games this year. He's also tacked on 49 catches for 319 yards (22.8 per game) and two touchdowns.
- In 15 games this season, Tony Pollard has piled up 420 yards (28.0 per game) on 96 carries with four touchdowns.
- Amari Cooper's 1,073 receiving yards (71.5 yards per game) leads the team through 15 games. He has 86 receptions on 121 targets with five touchdowns.
- CeeDee Lamb has collected 892 yards (59.5 yards per game) and five touchdowns, reeling in 69 passes on 102 targets over 15 games this year.
- Michael Gallup's 98 targets have resulted in 55 receptions for 794 yards (52.9 ypg) and five touchdowns through 15 games played.
- Demarcus Lawrence has 5.5 sacks to pace the team through 15 games, and also has 10.0 TFL and 54 tackles.
- Jaylon Smith, Dallas' top-tackler, has 145 tackles, 5.0 TFL, 1.5 sacks, and one interception in 15 games this year.
- Trevon Diggs has a team-high three interceptions to go along with 54 tackles, 1.0 TFL, one sack, and 12 passes defended over 11 games.
Cowboys: Rashard Robinson: Out (Knee), Leighton Vander Esch: Out (Ankle), Darian Thompson: Questionable (Concussion), Xavier Woods: Questionable (Ribs)
Giants Key Players
- Daniel Jones leads New York with 2,714 passing yards (208.8 ypg) on 263-of-423 with nine touchdowns against nine interceptions in 13 games this season. He also adds 406 rushing yards (31.2 ypg) on 56 carries while scoring one touchdown on the ground.
- Wayne Gallman's team-high 617 rushing yards (44.1 per game) have come on 136 carries, with six touchdowns in 14 games this year.
- In 13 games this season, Jones has rushed for 406 yards (31.2 per game) on 56 carries with one touchdown.
- Darius Slayton's team-leading 729 receiving yards (48.6 yards per game) have come on 48 receptions (and 93 targets) with three touchdowns through 15 games.
- Evan Engram has hauled in 61 passes (on 105 targets) for 637 yards (42.5 yards per game) and one touchdown over 15 games this year.
- Sterling Shepard's 58 grabs (on 80 targets) have netted him 544 yards (49.5 ypg) and two touchdowns through 11 games played.
- Leonard Williams paces the team with 8.5 sacks. He's also the team's tackle leader, and has recorded 11.0 TFL and 49 tackles over the course of 15 games.
- Blake Martinez, New York's leading tackler, has 139 tackles, 8.0 TFL, two sacks, and one interception in 15 games this year.
Giants: Elijhaa Penny: Out (Illness), Cam Brown: Questionable (Illness), Golden Tate: Doubtful (Calf)