AFC East rivals square off when the Miami Dolphins (8-5) host the New England Patriots (6-7) on Sunday, December 20, 2020 Hard Rock Stadium. Miami is favored by 1.5 points. An over/under of 41.5 is set for the game. Place your wager with BetMGM sports betting on Dolphins vs Patriots and other week 15 NFL action HERE.
Where to Watch
- Game Day: Sunday, December 20, 2020
- Game Time: 1:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: CBS
- Location: Miami Gardens, FL
- Stadium: Hard Rock Stadium
NFL Bets from BetMGM
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Betting on the Dolphins
- Miami has a 10-3 record against the spread this year.
- This season, the Dolphins have covered more games than they didn't when playing as 1.5-point or more favorites, finishing 4-1 ATS in those situations.
- This season, less than 50% of Miami's games with a betting line -- five out of 13 opportunities -- have gone over the point total.
- The Dolphins have put an average of 25.4 points per game on the scoreboard this season, 3.9 more than the 21.5 the Patriots have surrendered in each contest.
- When they meet or outpace their scoring average this season, Miami is 5-2 and 7-0 against the spread.
- New England is 5-1 overall and 5-1 against the spread this season in games where they allow fewer than 21.5 points.
- Miami has a 6-1 record against the spread at home this year, and is 4-3 overall in home games.
Betting on the Patriots
- Just nine of New England's 13 games this year have gone over the point total (30.8% of its outings).
- New England has a losing 6-7 record against the spread.
- The Patriots have a losing ATS record of 2-4 when playing as at least 1.5-point underdogs.
- The Patriots average points scored this season (21.3) and the Dolphins points allowed (18.8) are within 2.5 points of each other.
- New England is 4-1 overall and 3-2 against the spread when they score at least 21.3 points this season.
- When Miami allows opposing offenses to put 18.8 points or fewer on the scoreboard this year, they are 6-0 overall and 6-0 against the spread.
- New England is just 2-5 against the spread in away games this year, and is 2-5 overall on the road.
Betting on the Total - What to Look For
- The Dolphins and their opponents have scored no less than 41.5 points -- this matchup's point total -- in eight of 13 outings (61.5%) this year.
- The Patriots and their opponents have added up to score more than 41.5 points in 46.2% of their games this year (six of 13 opportunities).
- The Dolphins and the Patriots combine to average 5.2 more points per game than the over/under of 41.5 set for this game.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 1.2 fewer points per game (40.3) than this game's over/under of 41.5 points.
- The average over/under the Dolphins have had set in games this season is 2.7 more points than this outing's point total.
- Patriots games this year have averaged a total of 42.8 points, 1.3 more than the point total in this matchup.
Dolphins Key Players
- Ryan Fitzpatrick leads Miami with 1,909 passing yards (238.6 ypg) on 174-of-254 with 12 touchdowns against eight interceptions in eight games this season. He also adds 151 rushing yards (18.9 ypg) on 30 carries while scoring two touchdowns on the ground.
- Matt Breida's team-high 168 rushing yards (15.3 per game) have come on 47 carries in 11 games this year.
- In three games this season, Salvon Ahmed has rushed for 166 yards (55.3 per game) on 40 carries with one touchdown.
- DeVante Parker's 677 receiving yards (52.1 yards per game) leads the team through 13 games. He has 56 receptions on 89 targets with four touchdowns.
- Mike Gesicki has put together a 602-yard season so far (46.3 yards per game) with six touchdowns, hauling in 44 passes on 68 targets over 13 games.
- Jakeem Grant's 48 targets have resulted in 31 receptions for 330 yards (25.4 ypg) and one touchdown through 13 games played.
- Emmanuel Ogbah has collected 8.0 sacks to pace the team through 13 games, while also recording 5.0 TFL and 37 tackles.
- Jerome Baker is the team's leading tackler through 13 games this year. He's totaled 87 tackles, 5.0 TFL, and five sacks.
- Xavien Howard has a team-leading nine interceptions to go along with 40 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and 17 passes defended over 13 games.
Dolphins:Kyle Van Noy: Questionable (Hip),Jerome Baker: Questionable (Knee),Elandon Roberts: Questionable (Chest),Mike Gesicki: Questionable (Shoulder),Salvon Ahmed: Questionable (Shoulder),Jakeem Grant: Questionable (Hamstring),DeVante Parker: Questionable (Hamstring),Bobby McCain: Questionable (Ankle),Ereck Flowers: Questionable (Ankle)
Patriots Key Players
- Cam Newton has 2,172 passing yards (167.1 ypg) to lead New England, completing 66.1% of his passes and throwing touchdown five passes and 10 interceptions in 13 games this season. He's also contributed on the ground with 451 rushing yards (34.7 ypg) on 113 carries with 11 rushing touchdowns.
- Damien Harris' team-high 691 rushing yards (69.1 per game) have come on 137 carries, with two touchdowns in 10 games this year.
- In 13 games this season, Newton has rushed for 451 yards (34.7 per game) on 113 carries with 11 touchdowns.
- Damiere Byrd's team-high 566 receiving yards (43.5 yards per game) have come on 42 catches (and 66 targets) with one touchdown through 13 games.
- Jakobi Meyers has reeled in 42 passes (on 58 targets) for 505 yards (45.9 yards per game) over 11 games this year.
- N'Keal Harry's 29 receptions (on 50 targets) have netted him 277 yards (25.2 ypg) and two touchdowns through 11 games played.
- Chase Winovich paces, who paces the team in sacks and tackles, has amassed 3.5 sacks, 4.0 TFL, 37 tackles, and one interception over the course of 13 games.
- Adrian Phillips, New England's top-tackler, has 92 tackles, 6.0 TFL, and two interceptions in 13 games this year.
Patriots:J.C. Jackson: Questionable (Knee),James White: Questionable (Foot),Byron Cowart: Questionable (Back),J.J. Taylor: Questionable (Quadricep),Justin Herron: Questionable (Ankle),Damien Harris: Questionable (Ankle),Shaq Mason: Questionable (Calf),Jermaine Eluemunor: Questionable (Ankle),Adam Butler: Questionable (Shoulder),Nick Folk: Questionable (Back),Matthew Slater: Questionable (Knee),Donte Moncrief: Questionable (Thigh),Jonathan Jones: Questionable (Neck),Lawrence Guy: Questionable (Shoulder)