Oddsmakers give the Washington Football Team (6-9) the edge when they visit the Philadelphia Eagles (4-10-1) on Sunday, January 3, 2021 in a matchup between NFC East rivals at Lincoln Financial Field. Washington is favored by 4.0 points. The over/under is set at 44.0. Bet with BetMGM's online sportsbook on Washington vs Washington and other week 17 NFL action HERE.
Where to Watch
- Game Day: Sunday, January 3, 2021
- Game Time: 8:20 PM ET
- TV Channel: NBC
- Location: Philadelphia, PA
- Stadium: Lincoln Financial Field
Bet the Game with BetMGM
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Betting on Washington
- Washington has put together an 8-6-1 record against the spread this season.
- Most of Washington's games this year -- nine out of 15 -- have not gone overthe point total (60%).
- Washington puts up 21 points per game, 5.5 fewer than Philadelphia allows per contest (26.5).
- Washington is 5-1 against the spread and 5-1 overall a season ago when the team scores at least 21 points.
- Philadelphia has a 4-4 record against the spread and a 4-3-1 record overall in games when it allows opponents to score 21.3 points or less.
- Washington has a 4-3 record against the spread on the road this year, and is 3-4 overall in away games.
Betting on the Eagles
- Philadelphia has a losing 5-10 record against the spread.
- Philadelphia has a losing ATS record of 1-4 when playing as at least 4.0-point underdogs.
- Just eight of Philadelphia's 15 games this year have gone over the point total (46.7% of its outings).
- Philadelphia scores 21.3 points per game, comparable to the 21 per matchup Washington gives up.
- Philadelphia is 4-4 against the spread and 4-3-1 overall a season ago when the team records at least 21.3 points.
- Washington has a 5-1 record against the spread and a 5-1 record overall in games when it gives up 21 points or less.
- Philadelphia is 4-3 against the spread in home games this year, and is 3-3-1 overall at home.
Betting on the Total - What to Look For
- Six of Washington's games have gone over 44.0 points this season (40% of matchups).
- 11 of Philadelphia's games have gone over 44.0 points this year (73.3% of matchups).
- These two teams score a combined 42.3 points per game, 1.7 fewer points than this matchup's point total.
- Combined, these teams allow 47.5 points per game, 3.5 more points than this matchup's over/under.
- Washington has an average point total of 42 in its matchups this year, 2.0 fewer points than this game's over/under.
- Philadelphia's outings this season have a 47.9-point average over/under, 3.9 more points than this game's total.
Washington Key Players
- Alex Smith has 1,420 passing yards (202.9 ypg) to lead Washington, completing 66.4% of his passes and throwing touchdown four passes and six interceptions over the course of seven games this season.
- Antonio Gibson's team-high 720 rushing yards (55.4 per game) have come on 151 carries, with 11 touchdowns in 13 games this year. He's also added 35 catches for 241 yards (18.5 per game).
- In 15 games this season, J.D. McKissic has rushed for 365 yards (24.3 per game) on 83 carries with one touchdown, while also helping out in the passing game with 559 yards (37.3 per game) on 75 catches and two touchdowns.
- Terry McLaurin's 1,078 receiving yards (77.0 yards per game) leads the team through 14 games. He has 80 receptions on 126 targets with three touchdowns.
- Logan Thomas has totaled 633 yards (42.2 yards per game) and five touchdowns, reeling in 69 passes on 104 targets in 15 games this year.
- Montez Sweat has racked up 8.0 sacks to lead the team through 15 games, while also picking up 11.0 TFL, 40 tackles, and one interception.
- Jon Bostic, Washington's top-tackler, has 111 tackles, 5.0 TFL, two sacks, and one interception in 15 games this year.
- Kendall Fuller has a team-leading four interceptions to go along with 46 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and 10 passes defended over 13 games.
Washington:Kevin Pierre-Louis: Questionable (Ankle),Thomas Davis Sr.: Out (Knee),Antonio Gibson: Questionable (Toe),Terry McLaurin: Questionable (Ankle),Alex Smith: Questionable (Calf)
Eagles Key Players
- Carson Wentz has 2,620 passing yards (218.3 ypg) to lead Philadelphia, completing 57.4% of his passes and recording touchdown 16 passes and 15 interceptions over the course of 12 games this season. He's also chipped in on the ground with 276 rushing yards (23.0 ypg) on 52 carries with five rushing touchdowns.
- The team's top rusher, Miles Sanders, has carried the ball 164 times for 867 yards (72.3 per game), with six touchdowns in 12 games this year. He's also caught 28 passes for 197 yards (16.4 per game).
- In 14 games this season, Jalen Hurts has 3 receiving yards (0.2 per game) on one catches, while also collecting 323 yards (23.1 per game) on 55 attempts with one touchdown.
- Travis Fulgham's team-high 524 receiving yards (43.7 yards per game) have come on 37 receptions (and 65 targets) with four touchdowns through 12 games.
- Dallas Goedert has reeled in 46 passes (on 65 targets) for 524 yards (47.6 yards per game) and three touchdowns in 11 games this year.
- Brandon Graham leads, the team's tackle and sacks leader, has recorded 8.0 sacks, 13.0 TFL and 43 tackles over the course of 15 games.
- Alex Singleton, Philadelphia's top-tackler, has 101 tackles, 4.0 TFL, one sack, and one interception in 15 games this year.
- Marcus Epps has picked off a team-high one pass. He also has 34 tackles and five passes defended to his name over 14 games.
Eagles:Derek Barnett: Out (Calf),Miles Sanders: Out (Knee),Duke Riley: Out (Biceps),Michael Jacquet: Questionable (Calf),DeSean Jackson: Out (Ankle),Fletcher Cox: Out (Neck),Jordan Mailata: Out (Concussion),Dallas Goedert: Out (Calf),Richard Rodgers: Out (Ankle),Shaun Bradley: Out (Neck)