The Los Angeles Chargers (3-9) are just 1.0-point favorites against the Atlanta Falcons (4-8) on Sunday, December 13, 2020. The contest has a point total of 49.5. Bet with BetMGM’s online sportsbook on Chargers vs Falcons and other week 14 NFL action HERE.
Where to Watch
- Game Day: Sunday, December 13, 2020
- Game Time: 4:25 PM ET
- TV Channel: FOX
- Location: Inglewood, CA
- Stadium: SoFi Stadium
BetMGM NFL betting lines
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Betting on the Chargers
- This year, Los Angeles has compiled a losing 5-7 record against the spread.
- This season, the Chargers have a losing ATS record of 2-4 when playing as at least 1.0-point favorites.
- This season, Los Angeles’ games have gone over the point total in seven out of 12 opportunities.
- The Chargers average points scored this season (23.1) and the Falcons points allowed (25.2) are within 2.1 points of each other.
- When they meet or outpace their scoring average this season, Los Angeles is 2-4 and 3-3 against the spread.
- When the Atlanta defense allows 25.2 points or fewer this year, the Falcons have accumulated a 3-4 overall record and a 3-4 record against the spread.
- Los Angeles has just a 2-4 record against the spread at home this year, and is 2-4 overall in home games.
Betting on the Falcons
- Just seven of Atlanta’s 12 games this year have gone over the point total (41.7% of its opportunities).
- Atlanta has compiled a losing 5-7 record against the spread this season.
- The Falcons have a losing ATS record of 1-4 when playing as at least 1.0-point underdogs.
- Atlanta has a 3-2 record against the spread on the road this year, and is 2-3 overall in away games.
- The Falcons average points scored this season (25.9) and the Chargers points allowed (28.8) are within 2.9 points of each other.
- Atlanta is 3-2 overall and 4-1 against the spread when they score at least 25.9 points this season.
- When Los Angeles allows opposing offenses to put 28.8 points or fewer on the scoreboard this year, they are 2-3 overall and 2-3 against the spread.
Betting on the Total – What to Look For
- The average over/under the Chargers have had set in matchups this season is 2.3 more points than this outing’s point total.
- The average point total for the Falcons this season is 1.6 points higher than this game’s over/under.
- The Chargers and their opponents have scored no less than 49.5 points — this matchup’s point total — in seven of 12 games (58.3%) this season.
- The Falcons and their opponents have added up to score at least 49.5 points in 41.7% of their games this year (five of 12 opportunities).
- These teams average a combined 49 points per game, 0.5 fewer points than the total of 49.5 set for this matchup.
- The Chargers and the Falcons have seen their opponents average a combined 4.5 more points per game than the point total of 49.5 set in this game.
Chargers Key Players
- Justin Herbert has 3,224 passing yards (293.1 ypg) to lead Los Angeles, completing 64.8% of his passes and throwing touchdown 23 passes and nine interceptions over the course of 11 games this season. He’s also contributed on the ground with 185 rushing yards (16.8 ypg) on 41 carries with three rushing touchdowns.
- Joshua Kelley’s team-high 346 rushing yards (28.8 per game) have come on 109 carries, with two touchdowns in 12 games this year.
- In six games this season, Austin Ekeler has rushed for 328 yards (54.7 per game) on 71 carries with one touchdown, while also catching 32 passes for 261 yards (43.5 per game).
- Keenan Allen’s 923 receiving yards (76.9 yards per game) leads the team through 12 games. He has 90 catches on 133 targets with seven touchdowns.
- Mike Williams has put together a 572-yard season so far (52.0 yards per game) with four touchdowns, reeling in 36 passes on 66 targets over 11 games.
- Hunter Henry’s 77 targets have resulted in 49 grabs for 507 yards (42.3 ypg) and three touchdowns through 12 games played.
- Joey Bosa has racked up 7.5 sacks to pace the team through 10 games, while also recording 15.0 TFL and 31 tackles.
- Kenneth Murray, Los Angeles’ leading tackler, has 81 tackles, 4.0 TFL, and one sack in 12 games this year.
- Michael Davis has a team-high two interceptions to go along with 48 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and nine passes defended over 12 games.
Troymaine Pope: Questionable (Neck),
Joe Reed: Questionable (Ribs),
Denzel Perryman: Doubtful (Back)
Falcons Key Players
- Matt Ryan leads Atlanta with 3,436 passing yards (286.3 ypg) on 296-of-466 with 18 touchdowns against eight interceptions in 12 games this season.
- Todd Gurley II’s team-high 626 rushing yards (56.9 per game) have come on 175 carries, with nine touchdowns in 11 games this year.
- In 12 games this season, Brian Hill has piled up 334 yards (27.8 per game) on 78 attempts with one touchdown.
- Calvin Ridley’s team-leading 905 receiving yards (82.3 yards per game) have come on 59 receptions (and 96 targets) with seven touchdowns through 11 games.
- Julio Jones has put up a 771-yard season so far (85.7 yards per game) with three touchdowns, reeling in 51 passes on 68 targets over nine games.
- Russell Gage’s 77 targets have resulted in 49 catches for 522 yards (43.5 ypg) and two touchdowns through 12 games played.
- Deion Jones leads, the team’s tackle and sacks leader, has recorded 3.5 sacks, 7.0 TFL, 78 tackles, and two interceptions over the course of 12 games.
- Foyesade Oluokun, Atlanta’s tackle leader, has 86 tackles, 3.0 TFL, two sacks, and one interception in 11 games this year.
- Deion Jones leads the team with two interceptions, while also recording 78 tackles, 7.0 TFL, 3.5 sacks, and five passes defended over 12 games.
James Carpenter: Out (Groin),
Julio Jones: Out (Hamstring),
Kaleb McGary: Questionable (Not Injury Related),
Ricardo Allen: Out (Concussion)