In a clash of AFC South teams, Jacksonville (0-0) will face off against the Houston Texans (0-0) in a matchup on Sunday, September 12, 2021 at NRG Stadium. The line forecasts must-see action, with Jacksonville favored by 2.5 points. The over/under in the outing is set at 45 points. Click here to bet on Jacksonville vs Houston and other NFL games with BetMGM.
Where to watch
- Game Day: Sunday, September 12, 2021
- Game Time: 1:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: CBS
- Location: Houston, Texas
- Stadium: NRG Stadium
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Betting on the Jaguars
- Jacksonville put together a 7-9-0 record against the spread last season.
- The Jaguars were favored by 2.5 points or more last season once, and failed to cover the spread.
- Jacksonville's games hit the over eight out of 16 times last season.
- The Jaguars have a 58.3% chance to win this game based on the moneyline's implied probability.
- The Jaguars were listed as the moneyline favorite only one time last season, a game they lost.
- Jacksonville played as a moneyline favorite of -140 or shorter in just one game last season, which they lost.
Betting on the Texans
- Houston put together a 6-10-0 record against the spread last season.
- The Texans were an underdog by 2.5 points or more 10 times last season, and covered the spread in four of those matchups.
- A total of eight of Houston's games last year went over the point total.
- Bookmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Texans have a 45.5% chance to win.
- Last season, the Texans won one out of the 10 games in which they were the underdog.
- Last season, Houston was at least a +120 underdog on the moneyline nine times, losing each of those contests.
Betting on the Total - What to Look For
- Jacksonville's games last season went over this contest's total of 45 points 10 times.
- Houston played 13 games last season that ended with a point total higher than 45 points.
- The two teams combined to score 43.1 points per game last season, 1.9 fewer points than this matchup's total.
- These teams gave up a combined 59.8 points per game last year, 14.8 more points than the total for this matchup.
- The average point total in Jaguars outings last season was 48.9, 3.9 more points than the over/under for this game.
- Texans contests last year had a 50.6-point average over/under, 5.6 more points than this game's point total.
Jaguars Key Players
- Last year, C.J. Beathard collected 787 passing yards (49.2 yards per game) while going 66-for-104 (63.5% completion percentage) and throwing six touchdowns and zero interceptions.
- James Robinson took 240 carries for 1,070 rushing yards a season ago (66.9 yards per game) while scoring seven touchdowns. He also caught 49 passes for 344 yards (21.5 receiving yards per game) with three touchdowns through the air.
- Carlos Hyde amassed 356 rushing yards on 81 carries (22.3 yards per game), with four touchdowns on the ground, last year.
- Marvin Jones Jr. reeled in 76 passes for 978 yards last season while scoring nine touchdowns. He was targeted 115 times and averaged 61.1 yards per game.
- D.J. Chark also chipped in with 706 yards on 53 catches and five touchdowns. He was targeted 93 times and averaged 44.1 receiving yards per game last year.
- Last year Laviska Shenault Jr. caught 58 passes on 79 targets for 600 yards and five touchdowns, averaging 37.5 receiving yards per game.
- Last season, Dawuane Smoot put up 5.5 sacks, 5.5 TFL and 29 tackles.
- Myles Jack racked up 164 tackles, 7.5 TFL, one sack, and one interception over his last campaign.
- Shaquill Griffin intercepted three passes while adding 73 tackles, two TFL, and 12 passes defended a season ago.
Jaguars Injuries:Tyler Davis: Out (Knee)
Texans Key Players
- Deshaun Watson threw for 4,823 yards while completing 70.2% of his passes (382-of-544), with 33 touchdowns and seven interceptions last year (301.4 yards per game). He also carried the ball 90 times for 444 yards and three touchdowns, averaging 27.8 yards per game.
- A season ago, David Johnson churned out 691 rushing yards (53.2 yards per game) and scored six touchdowns. He added 33 catches for 314 yards (24.2 receiving yards per game) with two receiving touchdowns.
- Last year Phillip Lindsay ran for 502 yards on 118 carries (35.9 ypg), with one rushing touchdown.
- Last season Brandin Cooks hauled in 81 passes (on 119 targets) for 1,150 yards (71.9 yards per game) and scored six touchdowns.
- Danny Amendola's stat line last year showed 46 grabs for 602 yards. He put up 37.6 receiving yards per game and was targeted 69 times.
- Anthony Miller caught 49 passes on 76 targets for 485 yards and two touchdowns last year, averaging 30.3 yards per game.
- DeMarcus Walker put together an impressive body of work a year ago, notching 4.5 sacks, 4.5 TFL and 27 tackles.
- Zach Cunningham's 2020 campaign saw him total 222 tackles, 7.5 TFL, and three sacks.
- Christian Kirksey intercepted two passes and tacked on 108 tackles, three TFL, two sacks, and four passes defended last season.
Texans Injuries:Brandin Cooks: Questionable (Quadricep),Cullen Gillaspia: Questionable (Hamstring),Jonathan Greenard: Questionable (Ankle)
This article powered by Data Skrive.