- Highlighting the most popular NBA player prop bets for Wednesday‘s Rockets vs Pelicans game
- Plus profitable player prop betting trends for key players across points, rebounds, assists & more
- Latest injury report from both Rockets & Pelicans players that may affect player prop bets
The Houston Rockets visit Smoothie King Center to take on the New Orleans Pelicans on Wednesday. Tipoff is scheduled for 8:00pm EST in New Orleans.
Below you can find profitable historical betting trends for various Rockets vs. Pelicans player prop bets today, ranked by units won and ROI.
All NBA player prop betting odds are provided by the BetMGM Sportsbook.
Best Rockets Player Prop Bets Tonight: Wednesday, Jan. 4
We’ve highlighted the top Rockets player prop bets for Wednesday‘s game, across points, rebounds, assists, steals and blocks:
- Kenyon Martin Jr. has hit the Steals Under in 30 of his last 37 away games (+17.45 Units / 27% ROI)
- Kenyon Martin Jr. has hit the Blocks Under in his last 8 away games (+8.00 Units / 41% ROI)
- Kevin Porter Jr. has hit the Steals Under in 10 of his last 11 away games (+7.70 Units / 33% ROI)
- Alperen Sengun has hit the Assists Under in 13 of his last 18 away games (+7.35 Units / 30% ROI)
- Tari Eason has hit the Steals Under in 5 of his last 6 away games (+6.10 Units / 102% ROI)
Best Pelicans Player Prop Bets Tonight: Wednesday, Jan. 4
We’ve highlighted the top Pelicans player prop bets for Wednesday‘s game, across points, rebounds, assists, steals and blocks:
- Jonas Valanciunas has hit the Points Under in 15 of his last 20 games at home (+9.00 Units / 35% ROI)
- Jonas Valanciunas has hit the Made 3 Point Shots Under in 11 of his last 13 games at home (+7.85 Units / 39% ROI)
- CJ McCollum has hit the Made 3 Point Shots Over in 10 of his last 13 games at home (+7.70 Units / 50% ROI)
- Jose Alvarado has hit the Made 3 Point Shots Under in his last 6 games at home (+6.55 Units / 63% ROI)
- Jose Alvarado has hit the Steals Over in 15 of his last 22 games at home (+6.50 Units / 19% ROI)
Bet now on Pelicans vs Rockets and all NBA games with BetMGM
New Orleans Pelicans vs. Houston Rockets Injuries Tonight That May Affect Prop Bets
- Jae’Sean Tate (Rockets): Tate remains without a timetable to return, according to Adam Spolane of Sports Radio 610 Houston.
- E.J. Liddell (Pelicans): The Pelicans announced that E.J. Liddell tore his right ACL and will miss most of the season.
- Zion Williamson (Pelicans): Williamson sustained a right hamstring strain during Monday’s (Jan. 2) game against Philadelphia. He will be re-evaluated in three weeks.
- Larry Nance Jr. (Pelicans): Nance Jr. is out for Wednesday’s (Jan. 4) game against Houston.
- Brandon Ingram (Pelicans): Ingram hasn’t played since Nov. 25 against Memphis. A timetable for his return hasn’t been announced.
Rockets vs Pelicans Odds, Over/Under & Moneyline
|Spread||Over / Under||Moneyline|
|Houston Rockets||+7.5 -115||O 229.5 -110||+220|
|New Orleans Pelicans||-7.5 -105||U 229.5 -110||-275|
The Pelicans are betting favorites in this NBA matchup, with the spread sitting at -7.5 (-105).
What is an NBA Player Prop Bet?
NBA player prop bets allow bettors to bet on very specific aspects of a game involving a player outcome. You might choose to bet on how many points your favorite player will score or whether or not a game will go to overtime.
Exploring the NBA props page at your favorite online sportsbook is the best way to discover all the different types of props.
What is the Most Popular NBA Player Prop Bet?
The top 10 most popular NBA player prop bet types are:
1. Total Points scored
2. Which player will score the 1st field goal
3. Total 3-point shots made
4. Total Points + Rebounds + Assists by one player
5. Total Rebounds
6. Total Assists
7. Total Assists + Rebound by one player
8. Which player will score the 1st field goal + which team wins
9. Total Points + Assists by one player
10. Total Blocks
Bet on NBA Odds at BetMGM
At BetMGM, you can bet online with updated NBA betting odds. And with live sports betting, the best online sports betting and mobile sports betting (with the BetMGM Sportsbook app) experiences are at BetMGM.