The Green Bay Packers (12-3) take the field as 4.5-point favorites against the Chicago Bears (8-7) on Sunday, January 3, 2021 at Soldier Field. Both teams are riding winning streaks, with Green Bay on a five-game run and Chicago winners of three in a row. The game has an over/under of 49.5. Bet with BetMGM sports betting on Packers vs Bears and other week 17 NFL action HERE.
Where to Watch
- Game Day: Sunday, January 3, 2021
- Game Time: 4:25 PM ET
- TV Channel: FOX
- Location: Chicago, IL
- Stadium: Soldier Field
NFL Bets from BetMGM
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Betting on the Packers
- This season, Green Bay’s games have gone over the point total in eight out of 15 opportunities.
- Green Bay’s record against the spread in away games this year is 4-3, and its record on the road overall is 5-2.
- Green Bay has a 9-6 record against the spread this year.
- This season, the Packers are 5-4 ATS when favored by 4.5 points or more.
- The Packers have put an average of 31.6 points per game on the scoreboard this season, 9.3 more than the 22.3 the Bears have surrendered in each contest.
- In games where Green Bay score at least 31.6 points this season, they are 7-0 overall and 7-0 against the spread.
- When the Chicago defense allows 22.3 points or fewer this year, the Bears have accumulated a 5-2 overall record and a 4-3 record against the spread.
Betting on the Bears
- Chicago has an 8-7 record against the spread.
- The Bears have an even ATS record of 1-1 when playing as at least 4.5-point underdogs.
- Most of Chicago’s games this year — eight out of 15 — have finished under the point total (53.3%).
- The Bears average points scored this season (23.7) and the Packers points allowed (23.5) are within 0.2 points of each other.
- In games where Chicago scores at least 23.7 points this season, they are 5-2 overall and 5-2 against the spread.
- When Green Bay allows opposing offenses to put 23.5 points or fewer on the scoreboard this year, they are 8-0 overall and 6-2 against the spread.
- Chicago is just 3-4 against the spread in home games this year, and is 3-4 overall at home.
Betting on the Total – What to Look For
- The average point total in Packers games this season is 5.6 more points than the over/under of 49.5 in this matchup.
- The average point total for the Bears this year is 3.4 points less than this game’s over/under.
- In 66.7% of their games this season (10 of 15 chances), the Packers and their opponents have scored more than this matchup’s over/under of 49.5 points.
- The Bears and their opponents have combined to score more than 49.5 points in 40% of their matchups this season (six of 15 chances).
- The Packers and the Bears combine to average 5.8 more points per game than the total of 49.5 set for this matchup.
- The Packers and the Bears have seen their opponents average a combined 3.7 fewer points per game than the over/under of 49.5 set in this game.
Packers Key Players
- Aaron Rodgers has 4,059 passing yards (270.6 ypg) to lead Green Bay, completing 70.3% of his passes and collecting touchdown 44 passes and five interceptions over the course of 15 games this season.
- Aaron Jones has carried the ball 190 times for a team-high 1,062 yards (81.7 per game), with eight touchdowns in 13 games this year. He’s also tacked on 43 catches for 312 yards (24.0 per game) and two touchdowns.
- In 14 games this season, Jamaal Williams has rushed for 479 yards (34.2 per game) on 114 carries with two touchdowns, while also catching 31 passes for 236 yards (16.9 per game) and one touchdown.
- Davante Adams’ 1,328 receiving yards (102.2 yards per game) leads the team through 13 games. He has 109 receptions on 143 targets with 17 touchdowns.
- Marquez Valdes-Scantling has racked up 603 yards (40.2 yards per game) and five touchdowns, hauling in 31 passes on 60 targets in 15 games this year.
- Robert Tonyan’s 50 grabs are good enough for 568 yards (37.9 ypg) and 10 touchdowns through 15 games played. He’s been targeted 57 times.
- Za’Darius Smith has 12.5 sacks to lead the team through 15 games, and also has 12.0 TFL and 49 tackles.
- Adrian Amos, Green Bay’s top-tackler, has 74 tackles, 4.0 TFL, two sacks, and one interception in 15 games this year.
- Darnell Savage Jr. has a team-high four interceptions to go along with 65 tackles, 3.0 TFL, one sack, and 12 passes defended over 14 games.
Kingsley Keke: Out (Concussion),
David Bakhtiari: Out (Knee),
Simon Stepaniak: Questionable (Knee)
Bears Key Players
- Nick Foles leads Chicago with 1,852 passing yards (205.8 ypg) on 202-of-312 with 10 touchdowns against eight interceptions in nine games this season.
- David Montgomery’s team-high 1,001 rushing yards (71.5 per game) have come on 225 carries, with seven touchdowns in 14 games this year. He’s also tacked on 45 catches for 375 yards (26.8 per game) and two touchdowns.
- In 15 games this season, Cordarrelle Patterson has rushed for 214 yards (14.3 per game) on 60 carries with one touchdown.
- Allen Robinson II’s team-high 1,213 receiving yards (80.9 yards per game) have come on 100 catches (and 146 targets) with six touchdowns through 15 games.
- Darnell Mooney has put up a 538-yard season so far (35.9 yards per game) with four touchdowns, hauling in 50 passes on 85 targets in 15 games.
- Anthony Miller’s 74 targets have resulted in 47 catches for 472 yards (31.5 ypg) and two touchdowns through 15 games played.
- Khalil Mack paces, who leads the team in tackles and sacks, has racked up 8.0 sacks, 10.0 TFL, 46 tackles, and one interception over the course of 15 games.
- Roquan Smith is the team’s leading tackler through 15 games this year. He’s picked up 137 tackles, 17.0 TFL, four sacks, and two interceptions.
- Tashaun Gipson has picked off a team-high two passes. He also has 63 tackles and five passes defended to his name over 15 games.
Jaylon Johnson: Out (Shoulder),
Cole Kmet: Questionable (Shoulder),
Tashaun Gipson: Questionable (Neck),
Cordarrelle Patterson: Questionable (Knee),
Demetrius Harris: Questionable (Foot),
Buster Skrine: Out (Concussion),
Deon Bush: Questionable (Foot)