The Denver Broncos (4-8) are 4.0-point underdogs heading into their matchup on Sunday, December 13, 2020 against the Carolina Panthers (4-8). The point total is set at 47.0. Place your wager with the best online sportsbook on Panthers vs Broncos and other week 14 NFL action HERE.
Where to Watch
- Game Day: Sunday, December 13, 2020
- Game Time: 1:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: CBS
- Location: Charlotte, NC
- Stadium: Bank of America Stadium
BetMGM NFL betting odds
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Betting on the Panthers
- Carolina is just 2-4 against the spread in home games this year, and is 2-4 overall at home.
- Carolina has a 7-5 record against the spread this year.
- Most of Carolina’s games with a betting line — six out of 12 opportunities — have gone over the point total (50%).
- The average points per game output for the Panthers this season, 23.3, is 3.4 fewer than the 26.7 the Broncos have given up in each contest.
- When they meet or exceed their scoring average this season, Carolina is 1-4 and 4-1 against the spread.
- Denver is 2-3 overall and 5-0 against the spread this season in games where they allow fewer than 26.7 points.
Betting on the Broncos
- Denver has put together a 7-5 record against the spread this season.
- Just seven of Denver’s 12 games this year have gone over the point total (41.7% of its outings).
- The Broncos have averaged 6.2 fewer points per game this season (18.8) than the Panthers have allowed (25).
- Denver is 3-2 overall and 4-1 against the spread when they score at least 18.8 points this season.
- When Carolina allows opposing offenses to put 25 points or fewer on the scoreboard this year, they are 4-2 overall and 4-2 against the spread.
- Denver has a 4-2 record against the spread on the road this year, and is 2-4 overall in away games.
Betting on the Total – What to Look For
- The average point total for Panthers games this season is 1.3 more points than the over/under of 47.0 in this matchup.
- The average over/under for Broncos games this year is 1.6 fewer points than the point total of 47.0 for this outing.
- The Panthers and their opponents have scored at least 47.0 points — this matchup’s over/under — in seven of 12 opportunities (58.3%) this year.
- The Broncos have played in six games this season (out of 12 total matchups — 50% of chances) where they and their opponents combined to score more than 47.0 points.
- The two teams average a combined 4.9 fewer points per game (42.1) than this matchup’s total of 47.0 points.
- Opponents of these two teams have averaged a combined 51.7 points per game, 4.7 more than the over/under in this matchup.
Panthers Key Players
- Teddy Bridgewater has 2,820 passing yards (256.4 ypg) to lead Carolina, completing 70% of his passes and tossing touchdown 14 passes and eight interceptions over the course of 11 games this season. He’s also contributed on the ground with 208 rushing yards (18.9 ypg) on 37 carries with three rushing touchdowns.
- Mike Davis has carried the ball 126 times for a team-high 504 yards (42.0 per game), with three touchdowns in 12 games this year. He’s also caught 52 passes for 329 yards (27.4 per game) and two touchdowns.
- In three games this season, Christian McCaffrey has rushed for 224 yards (74.7 per game) on 59 carries with five touchdowns, while also catching 17 passes for 149 yards (49.7 per game) and one touchdown.
- Robby Anderson’s team-high 913 receiving yards (76.1 yards per game) have come on 75 receptions (and 104 targets) with two touchdowns through 12 games.
- Curtis Samuel has put together a 517-yard season so far (47.0 yards per game) with three touchdowns, reeling in 54 passes on 63 targets over 11 games.
- Brian Burns has collected 5.0 sacks to pace the team through 12 games, while also recording 5.0 TFL and 47 tackles.
- Shaq Thompson, Carolina’s tackle leader, has 89 tackles and 4.0 TFL in 12 games this year.
- Donte Jackson has picked off a team-leading three passes. He also has 18 tackles and six passes defended to his name over 10 games.
Rasul Douglas: Questionable (Illness),
Yetur Gross-Matos: Questionable (Not Injury Related),
Sam Franklin Jr.: Questionable (Ankle),
Marquis Haynes: Questionable (Illness),
Efe Obada: Questionable (Knee),
Dennis Daley: Out (Concussion),
Ian Thomas: Questionable (Knee),
Tre Boston: Questionable (Hamstring),
Christian McCaffrey: Doubtful (Shoulder)
Broncos Key Players
- Drew Lock leads Denver with 1,918 passing yards (191.8 ypg) on 164-of-296 with nine touchdowns against 13 interceptions over 10 games this season.
- The team’s top rusher, Melvin Gordon III, has carried the ball 149 times for 685 yards (62.3 per game), with six touchdowns in 11 games this year. He’s proven to be a dual threat, hauling in 98 receiving yards (8.9 per game) on 21 catches with one receiving touchdown.
- In nine games this season, Phillip Lindsay has rushed for 440 yards (48.9 per game) on 96 carries with one touchdown.
- Tim Patrick’s team-leading 607 receiving yards (55.2 yards per game) have come on 40 catches (and 62 targets) with five touchdowns through 11 games.
- Jerry Jeudy has grabbed 38 passes (on 82 targets) for 594 yards (49.5 yards per game) and two touchdowns over 12 games this year.
- Bradley Chubb paces, who paces the team in sacks and tackles, has collected 7.5 sacks, 8.0 TFL and 38 tackles over the course of 12 games.
- Alexander Johnson, Denver’s top-tackler, has 95 tackles, 4.0 TFL, and one sack in 12 games this year.
- Justin Simmons leads the team with four interceptions, while also recording 76 tackles, 2.0 TFL, and seven passes defended over 12 games.
Tyrie Cleveland: Questionable (Illness),
Graham Glasgow: Doubtful (Ankle),
Trey Marshall: Questionable (Shin)