The New York Jets (0-0) will look to upset the Carolina Panthers (0-0) on Sunday, September 12, 2021 at Bank of America Stadium. The Panthers are listed as favorites in this one, with the spread sitting at 5 points. An over/under of 45 points has been set for the outing. Click here to bet on Carolina vs New York and other NFL games with BetMGM.
Where to watch
- Game Day: Sunday, September 12, 2021
- Game Time: 1:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: CBS
- Location: Charlotte, North Carolina
- Stadium: Bank of America Stadium
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Betting on the Panthers
- Carolina won nine games against the spread last season, while failing to cover seven times.
- Carolina's games went over the point total seven out of 16 times last season.
- The implied moneyline probability for this matchup gives the Panthers a 69.2% chance to win.
- The Panthers won 25% of the games last season they were favored on the moneyline (1-3).
- Carolina never played a game last season with moneyline odds of -225 or shorter.
Betting on the Jets
- New York put together a 6-10-0 ATS record last season.
- When playing as at least 5-point underdogs last year, the Jets had an ATS record of 6-8.
- In New York's games last season, the combined scoring went over the point total seven times.
- The moneyline for this contest implies a 35.1% chance of a victory for the Jets.
- The Jets were underdogs in 15 games last season and won two (13.3%) of those contests.
- New York played as an underdog of +185 or more twice last season and won both games.
Betting on the Total - What to Look For
- In eight games last season, Carolina and its opponents went over 45 combined points.
- New York played four games last season that had more than 45 combined points scored.
- These two teams racked up a combined 37.1 points per game last season, 7.9 fewer points than the over/under for this matchup.
- Combined, these teams surrendered 53.7 points per contest last year, 8.7 more points than the over/under for this game.
- The Panthers had an average point total of 48.5 in their matchups last season, 3.5 more points than the over/under for this game.
- The average over/under for Jets outings last year was 44.9, 0.1 fewer points than this game's total.
Panthers Key Players
- Sam Darnold collected 2,208 passing yards (138 yards per game) with a 59.6% completion percentage last year (217-of-364), while throwing nine touchdowns and 11 interceptions. He also added 217 rushing yards on 37 carries with two touchdowns, averaging 13.6 yards per game.
- Christian McCaffrey took 59 attempts for 225 rushing yards a season ago (22.5 yards per game) while scoring five touchdowns.
- D.J. Moore reeled in 66 passes for 1,193 yards last season while scoring four touchdowns. He was targeted 118 times and averaged 74.6 yards per game.
- Robby Anderson's stat line last year showed 95 grabs for 1,096 yards and three touchdowns. He averaged 68.5 receiving yards per game and was targeted 136 times.
- Dan Arnold caught 31 passes on 45 targets for 438 yards and four touchdowns, averaging 27.4 yards per game last season.
- Haason Reddick boasted an impressive stat line of 12.5 sacks, 20 TFL and 83 tackles last year.
- In last year's campaign, Jeremy Chinn racked up 166 tackles, three TFL, one sack, and one interception.
- Donte Jackson picked off three passes while adding 46 tackles, one TFL, and 11 passes defended a season ago.
Panthers Injuries:Dennis Daley: Out (Ankle),Stantley Thomas-Oliver III: Questionable (Hamstring),Stephen Weatherly: Questionable (Hamstring)
Jets Key Players
- Ty Johnson took 54 attempts for 254 rushing yards a season ago (16.9 yards per game) while scoring one touchdown.
- Last season Lamical Perine ran for 232 yards on 64 carries (19.3 ypg), with two rushing touchdowns.
- Corey Davis grabbed 65 passes for 984 yards last season while scoring five touchdowns. He was targeted 92 times, and averaged 61.5 yards per game.
- Keelan Cole added 642 yards on 55 grabs and five touchdowns. He was targeted 88 times and put up 40.1 receiving yards per game last year.
- Last season Braxton Berrios caught 37 passes on 55 targets for 394 yards and three touchdowns, averaging 24.6 receiving yards per game.
- Quinnen Williams put together an impressive body of work a year ago, registering seven sacks, 13.5 TFL and 78 tackles.
- Marcus Maye totaled 124 tackles, five TFL, two sacks, and two interceptions over the course of his 2020 campaign.
Jets Injuries:Joe Flacco: Out (Neck),Avery Williamson: Out (Hamstring),Denzel Mims: Out (Hamstrings),La'Mical Perine: Out (Ankle),Marcus Maye: Questionable (Calf),Alex Lewis: Questionable (Shoulder)
This article powered by Data Skrive.