New England (0-0) will face off against their AFC East rival, the Miami Dolphins (0-0) in a matchup on Sunday, September 12, 2021 at Gillette Stadium. The spread forecasts a close game, with the Patriots favored to win by 3 points. The over/under is set at 43 in the outing. Click here to bet on New England vs Miami and other NFL games with BetMGM.
Where to watch
- Game Day: Sunday, September 12, 2021
- Game Time: 4:25 PM ET
- TV Channel: CBS
- Location: Foxborough, Massachusetts
- Stadium: Gillette Stadium
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Betting on the Patriots
- New England covered seven times in 16 games with a spread last season.
- The Patriots had an ATS record of 3-3 when playing as at least 3-point favorites last season.
- Last season, the combined scoring went over the point total five times in New England's games.
- Based on this game's moneyline, the Patriots' implied win probability is 59.2%.
- The Patriots were favored on the moneyline eight total times last season. They went 4-4 in those games.
- In games it played as a moneyline favorite with odds of -145 or shorter, New England had a 4-2 record (winning 66.7% of its games).
Betting on the Dolphins
- Miami went 11-5-0 ATS last season.
- The Dolphins covered the spread five times last year (5-2 ATS) when playing as at least 3-point underdogs.
- In Miami's games last season, the combined scoring went over the point total seven times.
- The oddsmakers' moneyline implies a 45.5% chance of a victory for the Dolphins.
- The Dolphins won five of the nine games they played as underdogs last season.
- Miami was 4-4 last season when entering a game as the underdog by +120 or more on the moneyline.
Betting on the Total - What to Look For
- In seven games last season, New England and its opponents scored more than 43 combined points.
- Miami played 10 games last season that had more than 43 combined points scored.
- The two teams combined to score 45.7 points per game last season, 2.7 more points than this matchup's total.
- Combined, these teams allowed 43.2 points per contest last year, 0.2 more points than the over/under for this game.
- Patriots matchups last season had an average point total of 44.8, 1.8 more points than this game's over/under.
- Dolphins matchups last year had a 46.7-point average over/under, 3.7 more points than this game's point total.
Patriots Key Players
- Damien Harris took 137 attempts for 691 rushing yards a season ago (57.6 yards per game) while scoring two touchdowns.
- Last season James White ran for 121 yards on 35 carries (7.6 ypg), with two rushing touchdowns. White also figured in the passing game, catching 49 passes for 375 yards (23.4 ypg) and one touchdown.
- Last season, Nelson Agholor was targeted 82 times and amassed 48 catches for 896 yards (56 ypg) while scoring eight touchdowns.
- Jakobi Meyers' stat line last year showed 59 grabs for 729 yards. He averaged 45.6 receiving yards per game and was targeted 81 times.
- Last year Kendrick Bourne caught 49 passes on 74 targets for 667 yards and two touchdowns, averaging 41.7 receiving yards per game.
- Last season, Matthew Judon totaled six sacks, 9.5 TFL and 68 tackles.
- In last year's campaign, Adrian Phillips collected 142 tackles, 7.5 TFL, one sack, and two interceptions.
- Last season, J.C. Jackson reeled in nine interceptions and added 46 tackles, one TFL, and 14 passes defended.
Patriots Injuries:Gunner Olszewski: Out (Foot),N'Keal Harry: Questionable (Shoulder),Cassh Maluia: Questionable (Knee),Chase Winovich: Questionable (Shoulder),Yodny Cajuste: Out (Knee),Dalton Keene: Questionable (Neck),Jonathan Jones: Questionable (Foot)
Dolphins Key Players
- Tua Tagovailoa recorded 1,814 passing yards (113.4 yards per game) with a 64.1% completion percentage last year (186-of-290), while throwing 11 touchdowns and five interceptions.
- Myles Gaskin rushed for 584 yards on 142 attempts (48.7 yards per game) while scoring three touchdowns a season ago. He also averaged 32.3 receiving yards per game, grabbing 41 passes for 388 yards and two touchdowns.
- Last season Malcolm Brown ran for 419 yards on 101 carries (26.2 ypg), with five rushing touchdowns.
- DeVante Parker hauled in 63 passes for 793 yards last season while scoring four touchdowns. He was targeted 103 times, and averaged 49.6 yards per game.
- Mike Gesicki tacked on 53 grabs for 703 yards and six touchdowns last year. He was targeted 85 times and averaged 43.9 receiving yards per game.
- Emmanuel Ogbah boasted an impressive stat line of nine sacks, 10.5 TFL and 59 tackles.
- Jerome Baker racked up 154 tackles, eight TFL, and seven sacks over his 2020 campaign.
- Last season Xavien Howard hauled in 10 interceptions and added 62 tackles, one TFL, and 20 passes defended.
Dolphins Injuries:Clayton Fejedelem: Doubtful (Pectoral)
This article powered by Data Skrive.