AFC East opponents square off when the New England Patriots (6-9) host the New York Jets (2-13) on Sunday, January 3, 2021 Gillette Stadium. New England is favored by 3.0 points. The point total is set at 39.5. Bet with BetMGM sports betting on Patriots vs Jets and other week 17 NFL action HERE.
Where to Watch
- Game Day: Sunday, January 3, 2021
- Game Time: 1:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: CBS
- Location: Foxborough, MA
- Stadium: Gillette Stadium
Bet the Game with BetMGM
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Betting on the Patriots
- New England is 4-3 against the spread in home games this year, and is 4-3 overall at home.
- This year, New England is 6-9 against the spread.
- This season, the Patriots have an ATS record of 2-2 when projected as at least 3.0-point favorites.
- This season, less than half of New England's games with a betting line -- four out of 15 opportunities -- have gone over the point total.
- The average points per game output for the Patriots this season, 19.9, is 8.7 fewer than the 28.6 the Jets have given up in each contest.
- When they meet or exceed their scoring average this season, New England is 6-3 and 6-3 against the spread.
- When the New York defense allows 28.6 points or fewer this year, the Jets have put together a 2-4 overall record and a 3-3 record against the spread.
Betting on the Jets
- Just nine of New York's 15 games this year have gone over the point total (40% of its opportunities).
- New York has a losing 6-9 record against the spread.
- New York's record against the spread in away games this year is just 2-5, and its record on the road overall is 1-6.
- The average points per game output for the Jets this season, 15.3, is 7.3 fewer than the 22.6 the Patriots have given up in each contest.
- In games where New York scores at least 15.3 points this season, they are 2-5 overall and 5-2 against the spread.
- When New England allows opposing offenses to put 22.6 points or fewer on the scoreboard this year, they are 5-2 overall and 5-2 against the spread.
Betting on the Total - What to Look For
- The average point total in Patriots games this season is 3.0 more points than the total of 39.5 in this matchup.
- Jets games this season have averaged a total of 43.9 points, 4.4 more than the point total in this matchup.
- The Patriots and their opponents have scored more than 39.5 points in 53.3% of their outings this year (eight of 15 opportunities).
- The Jets and their opponents have added up to score at least 39.5 points in 73.3% of their games this season (11 of 15 chances).
- The two teams average a combined 4.3 fewer points per game (35.2) than this matchup's over/under of 39.5 points.
- Opponents of these two teams have averaged a combined 51.2 points per game, 11.7 more than the point total for this matchup.
Patriots Key Players
- Cam Newton has been a dual threat to lead New England in both passing and rushing. He has 2,415 passing yards (161.0 ypg), completing 65.4% of his passes and throwing touchdown five passes and 10 interceptions in 15 games this season. He's rushed for 513 yards (34.2 ypg) on 126 carries with 12 rushing touchdowns.
- In 10 games this season, Sony Michel has piled up 373 yards (37.3 per game) on 63 carries with one touchdown.
- Jakobi Meyers' team-high 661 receiving yards (50.8 yards per game) have come on 53 receptions (and 74 targets) through 13 games.
- Damiere Byrd has put up a 597-yard season so far (39.8 yards per game) with one touchdown, hauling in 46 passes on 73 targets in 15 games.
- James White's 55 targets have resulted in 45 catches for 344 yards (26.5 ypg) through 13 games played.
- Chase Winovich has collected 3.5 sacks to lead the team through 15 games, while also recording 4.0 TFL, 40 tackles, and one interception.
- Adrian Phillips, New England's tackle leader, has 106 tackles, 7.0 TFL, one sack, and two interceptions in 15 games this year.
- J.C. Jackson has a team-leading eight interceptions to go along with 37 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and 13 passes defended over 15 games.
Patriots: Adam Butler: Questionable (Shoulder), J.C. Jackson: Questionable (Knee), David Andrews: Out (Calf), Devin McCourty: Questionable (Shoulder), Damien Harris: Out (Ankle), Anfernee Jennings: Questionable (Shoulder), Joe Cardona: Questionable (Ankle), Shaq Mason: Out (Calf), Shilique Calhoun: Questionable (Knee), Ja'Whaun Bentley: Questionable (Shoulder), Matthew Slater: Questionable (Knee), Jermaine Eluemunor: Questionable (Ankle), Justin Bethel: Questionable (Neck), Nick Folk: Questionable (Back), Donte Moncrief: Questionable (Thigh), Terez Hall: Questionable (Ankle), Justin Herron: Questionable (Ankle), Byron Cowart: Questionable (Back), Lawrence Guy: Questionable (Shoulder)
Jets Key Players
- Sam Darnold has been a dual threat to lead New York in both passing and rushing. He has 1,942 passing yards (176.5 ypg), completing 58.8% of his passes and tossing touchdown eight passes and nine interceptions over the course of 11 games this season. He's rushed for 214 yards (19.5 ypg) on 36 carries with two rushing touchdowns.
- In 12 games this season, Ty Johnson has collected 209 yards (17.4 per game) on 43 carries with one touchdown.
- Jamison Crowder's team-high 668 receiving yards (60.7 yards per game) have come on 55 catches (and 85 targets) with six touchdowns through 11 games.
- Breshad Perriman has put together a 421-yard season so far (38.3 yards per game) with three touchdowns, reeling in 27 passes on 53 targets in 11 games.
- Braxton Berrios' 52 targets have resulted in 34 receptions for 374 yards (24.9 ypg) and three touchdowns through 15 games played.
- John Franklin-Myers paces the team with 3.0 sacks through 14 games, and also has 4.0 TFL and 17 tackles.
- Neville Hewitt is the team's leading tackler through 15 games this year. He's racked up 124 tackles, 6.0 TFL, and two sacks.
Jets: Javelin Guidry: Questionable (Knee), Jeff Smith: Questionable (Shoulder), Bless Austin: Questionable (Illness)