The New England Patriots (2-5) take a four-game losing streak into a matchup with the New York Jets (0-8), losers of eight in a row, on Monday, November 9, 2020 at MetLife Stadium. New England is favored by 7.5 points in the contest. The over/under is set at 41.0 for the game. Make a pick on Patriots vs Jets and other week 9 NFL action HERE.
Where to Watch
- Game Day: Monday, November 9, 2020
- Game Time: 8:15 PM ET
- TV Channel: ESPN
- Location: East Rutherford, NJ
- Stadium: MetLife Stadium
Bet the Game with BetMGM
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Betting on the Patriots
- This year, New England is 3-4 against the spread.
- This season, the Patriots are 1-0 ATS when favored by 7.5 points or more.
- This season, less than half of New England's games with a betting line -- three out of seven opportunities -- have gone over the point total.
- The Patriots have averaged 10.4 fewer points per game this season (19.4) than the Jets have allowed (29.8).
- When they meet or outpace their scoring average this season, New England is 2-2 and 3-1 against the spread.
- When the New York defense allows 29.8 points or fewer this year, the Jets have pieced together a 0-3 overall record and a 1-2 record against the spread.
- New England is just 1-2 against the spread in away games this year, and is 0-3 overall on the road.
Betting on the Jets
- Most of New York's games this year -- five out of eight -- have not gone over the point total (62.5%).
- New York has put together a losing 1-7 record against the spread this season.
- The average points per game output for the Jets this season, 11.8, is 12.1 fewer than the 23.9 the Patriots have given up in each contest.
- In games where New York scores at least 11.8 points this season, they are 0-3 overall and 0-3 against the spread.
- New England is 2-1 overall and 2-1 against the spread this season in games where they allow fewer than 23.9 points.
- New York is just 1-3 against the spread in home games this year, and is 0-4 overall at home.
Bettting on the Total - What to Look For
- The average over/under the Patriots have had set in games this year is 2.3 more points than this outing's point total.
- The average point total for the Jets this year is 0.5 points higher than this game's over/under.
- In 42.9% of their opportunities this year (three of seven chances), the Patriots and their opponents have combined to score more than this matchup's point total of 41.0 points.
- The Jets have played in five games this year (out of eight total matchups -- 62.5% of chances) where they combined with their opponents to score more than 41.0 points.
- The two teams average a combined 9.8 less points per game (31.2) than this matchup's total of 41.0 points.
- Opponents of these teams have averaged a combined 53.7 points per game, 12.7 more than the over/under in this game.
Patriots Key Players
- Cam Newton has thrown for 1,143 yards (163.3 ypg) to lead New England, completing 66% of his passes and recording touchdown two passes and seven interceptions over seven games this season. He's also one of the team's top rushing options with 298 yards (42.6 ypg) on 59 carries with six rushing touchdowns.
- In four games this season, Damien Harris has rushed for 279 yards (69.8 per game) on 49 carries with one touchdown.
- Damiere Byrd's 272 receiving yards (38.9 yards per game) leads the team through seven games. He has 21 catches on 32 targets.
- N'Keal Harry has totaled 172 yards (28.7 yards per game) and one touchdown, reeling in 19 passes on 32 targets in six games this year.
- James White's 25 targets have resulted in 21 receptions for 171 yards (34.2 ypg) through five games played.
- Chase Winovich has racked up 2.5 sacks to pace the team through seven games, while also picking up 3.0 TFL and 16 tackles.
- Adrian Phillips, New England's tackle leader, has 45 tackles, 4.0 TFL, and one interception in seven games this year.
- J.C. Jackson has picked off a team-high four passes. He also has 19 tackles and eight passes defended to his name over seven games.
Patriots:Lawrence Guy: Questionable (Shoulder),Cody Davis: Questionable (Calf),Stephon Gilmore: Questionable (Knee),Shaq Mason: Questionable (Calf),Ryan Izzo: Questionable (Hamstring),Isaiah Wynn: Questionable (Ankle),Joe Thuney: Questionable (Ankle),Damien Harris: Questionable (Ankle),Shilique Calhoun: Questionable (Knee),J.C. Jackson: Questionable (Knee),Kyle Dugger: Questionable (Ankle),Carl Davis: Questionable (Concussion),Ja'Whaun Bentley: Questionable (Groin),Dalton Keene: Questionable (Knee),Nick Folk: Questionable (Back),John Simon: Questionable (Elbow),Deatrich Wise Jr.: Questionable (Knee),N'Keal Harry: Out (Concussion),J.J. Taylor: Out (Illness)
Jets Key Players
- Sam Darnold leads New York with 1,045 passing yards (174.2 ypg) on 112-of-191 with three touchdowns against six interceptions over the course of six games this season. He also has 138 rushing yards (23.0 ypg) on 18 carries while scoring one touchdown on the ground.
- In seven games this season, Lamical Perine has racked up 149 yards (21.3 per game) on 41 attempts with one touchdown.
- Jamison Crowder's 383 receiving yards paces all receivers on the team. He's been targeted 46 times and has collected 29 catches and two touchdowns through four games (averaging 95.8 yards per game).
- Braxton Berrios has hauled in 23 passes (on 38 targets) for 210 yards (26.3 yards per game) and two touchdowns in eight games this year.
- Jeff Smith's 33 targets have resulted in 14 catches for 141 yards (28.2 ypg) through five games played.
- Quinnen Williams has 3.0 sacks to pace the team through eight games, and also has 7.0 TFL and 31 tackles.
- Neville Hewitt is the team's top-tackler through eight games this year. He's collected 65 tackles and 1.0 TFL.
- Pierre Desir leads the team with three interceptions, while also recording 43 tackles, 2.0 TFL, and seven passes defended over eight games.
Jets:Trevon Wesco: Out (Ankle),Blake Cashman: Out (Hamstring),Quinnen Williams: Doubtful (Hamstring),John Franklin-Myers: Questionable (Knee),Nathan Shepherd: Questionable (Back),Vyncint Smith: Doubtful (Groin),Connor McGovern: Questionable (Knee),Sam Ficken: Doubtful (Right Groin),Josh Andrews: Questionable (Shoulder),Jamison Crowder: Questionable (Groin),Sam Darnold: Doubtful (Right Shoulder)
This article powered by Data Skrive