The New England Patriots (4-5) are only 2.0-point favorites against the Houston Texans (2-7) on Sunday, November 22, 2020. An over/under of 48.0 is set for the game. Bet with the best online sportsbook on Patriots vs Texans and other week 11 NFL action HERE.
Where to Watch
- Game Day: Sunday, November 22, 2020
- Game Time: 1:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: CBS
- Location: Houston, TX
- Stadium: NRG Stadium
BetMGM NFL betting odds
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Betting on the Patriots
- This year, New England is 4-5 against the spread.
- This season, the Patriots are 2-2 ATS when projected as at least 2.0-point favorites.
- New England has played in only four games that have gone over the point total (44.4% of its opportunities).
- The average points per game output for the Patriots this season, 21, is seven fewer than the 28 the Texans have given up in each contest.
- In games where New England score at least 21 points this season, they are 4-2 overall and 4-2 against the spread.
- When the Houston defense allows 28 points or fewer this year, the Texans have accumulated a 2-2 overall record and a 2-2 record against the spread.
- New England's record against the spread in away games this year is just 1-3, and its record on the road overall is 1-3.
Betting on the Texans
- Houston has a losing 2-7 record against the spread.
- The Texans have a losing ATS record of 1-2 when playing as at least 2.0-point underdogs.
- Five Houston's nine games this year have gone over the point total (55.6% of its opportunities).
- The Patriots defense has allowed 23.4 points per game this season, close to the same amount as the 22.2 the Texans have scored.
- In games where Houston scores at least 22.2 points this season, they are 2-2 overall and 1-3 against the spread.
- New England is 3-1 overall and 3-1 against the spread this season in games where they allow fewer than 23.4 points.
- Houston is just 1-3 against the spread in home games this year, and is 1-3 overall at home.
Betting on the Total - What to Look For
- The Patriots and their opponents have put up more than 48.0 points in 33.3% of their games this season (three of nine opportunities).
- Houston has played in seven games this year (out of nine total matchups -- 77.8% of opportunities) where they combined with their opponents to score more than 48.0 points.
- These teams average a combined 43.2 points per game, 4.8 fewer points than the total of 48.0 set for this game.
- Opponents of these teams have averaged a combined 51.4 points per game, 3.4 more than the point total in this game.
- The Patriots' average point total in outings this year is 44.4, 3.6 points less than the total in this game.
- Texans games this year have averaged a total of 50.2 points, 2.2 more than the point total in this matchup.
Patriots Key Players
- Cam Newton has been a dual threat to lead New England in both passing and rushing. He has 1,535 passing yards (170.6 ypg), completing 68.8% of his passes and throwing touchdown three passes and seven interceptions over nine games this season. He's rushed for 335 yards (37.2 ypg) on 80 carries with nine rushing touchdowns.
- Damien Harris has carried the ball 85 times for a team-high 471 yards (78.5 per game), with one touchdown in six games this year.
- Jakobi Meyers' team-high 353 receiving yards (50.4 yards per game) have come on 28 catches (and 38 targets) through seven games.
- Damiere Byrd has put up a 337-yard season so far (37.4 yards per game), hauling in 26 passes on 41 targets over nine games.
- James White's 27 receptions are good enough for 203 yards (29.0 ypg) through seven games played. He's been targeted 32 times.
- Chase Winovich has collected 2.5 sacks to pace the team through nine games, while also recording 3.0 TFL and 27 tackles.
- Adrian Phillips, New England's top-tackler, has 58 tackles, 4.0 TFL, and one interception in nine games this year.
- J.C. Jackson has picked off a team-leading six passes. He also has 20 tackles and 11 passes defended to his name over nine games.
Patriots: No Injuries Listed
Texans Key Players
- Deshaun Watson leads Houston with 2,539 passing yards (282.1 ypg) on 205-of-301 with 18 touchdowns against five interceptions over nine games this season. He also has 233 rushing yards (25.9 ypg) on 48 carries while scoring one touchdown on the ground.
- The team's top rusher, Watson, has carried the ball 48 times for 233 yards (25.9 per game), with one touchdown in nine games this year.
- Will Fuller V's 628 receiving yards paces all receivers on the team. He's been targeted 60 times and has totaled 41 catches and six touchdowns through nine games (averaging 69.8 yards per game).
- Brandin Cooks has hauled in 43 passes (on 68 targets) for 549 yards (61.0 yards per game) and three touchdowns in nine games this year.
- Randall Cobb's 46 targets have resulted in 36 grabs for 434 yards (48.2 ypg) and two touchdowns through nine games played.
- J.J. Watt paces, the team's tackle and sacks leader, has collected 4.0 sacks, 6.0 TFL and 30 tackles over the course of nine games.
- Zach Cunningham, Houston's leading tackler, has 92 tackles, 4.0 TFL, and three sacks in nine games this year.
Texans: No Injuries Listed