Oddsmakers project a close game between NFC West foes when the Arizona Cardinals (8-7) visit the Los Angeles Rams (9-6) on Sunday, January 3, 2021 at SoFi Stadium. The Rams are 2.5-point underdogs. The game has an over/under of 41.5. Place your wager with the best online sportsbook on Cardinals vs Rams and other week 17 NFL action HERE.
Where to Watch
- Game Day: Sunday, January 3, 2021
- Game Time: 4:25 PM ET
- TV Channel: CBS
- Location: Inglewood, CA
- Stadium: SoFi Stadium
Bet the Game with BetMGM
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Betting on the Cardinals
- Arizona has played in only five games that have gone over the point total (33.3% of its opportunities).
- Arizona's record against the spread in away games this year is 4-3, and its record on the road overall is 4-3.
- This year, Arizona is 7-8 against the spread.
- This season, the Cardinals are just 4-5 ATS when projected as at least 2.5-point favorites.
- The Cardinals have put an average of 26.9 points per game on the scoreboard this season, 7.6 more than the 19.3 the Rams have surrendered in each contest.
- In games where Arizona score at least 26.9 points this season, they are 6-2 overall and 5-3 against the spread.
- Los Angeles is 7-0 overall and 6-1 against the spread this season in games where they allow fewer than 19.3 points.
Betting on the Rams
- Most of Los Angeles' games this year -- 11 out of 15 -- have not gone over the point total (73.3%).
- Los Angeles has put together an 8-7 record against the spread this season.
- The Rams have an even ATS record of 5-5 when playing as at least 2.5-point underdogs.
- The Rams average points scored this season (23.6) and the Cardinals points allowed (23.3) are within 0.3 points of each other.
- Los Angeles is 6-1 overall and 6-1 against the spread when they score at least 23.6 points this season.
- Arizona is 5-2 overall and 5-2 against the spread this season in games where they allow fewer than 23.3 points.
- Los Angeles is 4-3 against the spread in home games this year, and is 5-2 overall at home.
Betting on the Total - What to Look For
- The average over/under the Cardinals have had set in matchups this year is 8.6 more points than this outing's point total.
- The average point total for the Rams this season is 1.4 points higher than this game's over/under.
- The Cardinals and their opponents have combined to record more than this matchup's over/under (41.5 points) in 73.3% of their outings this season (11 of 15 opportunities).
- The Rams have played in seven games this season (out of 15 total matchups -- 46.7% of opportunities) where they combined with their opponents to score at least 41.5 points.
- The two teams average a combined 9.0 more points per game (50.5) than this game's total of 41.5 points.
- Opponents of these two teams have averaged a combined 42.6 points per game, 1.1 more than the over/under in this matchup.
Cardinals Key Players
- Kyler Murray has been a dual threat to lead Arizona in both passing and rushing. He has 3,884 passing yards (258.9 ypg), completing 67.1% of his passes and tossing touchdown 26 passes and 12 interceptions over the course of 15 games this season. He's rushed for 816 yards (54.4 ypg) on 131 carries with 11 rushing touchdowns.
- Kenyan Drake's team-high 919 rushing yards (65.6 per game) have come on 229 carries, with 10 touchdowns in 14 games this year.
- DeAndre Hopkins' team-high 1,372 receiving yards (91.5 yards per game) have come on 111 catches (and 150 targets) with six touchdowns through 15 games.
- Larry Fitzgerald has put together a 409-yard season so far (27.3 yards per game) with one touchdown, hauling in 54 passes on 72 targets over 15 games.
- Dan Arnold's 28 receptions have turned into 392 yards (26.1 ypg) and four touchdowns through 15 games played. He's been targeted 42 times.
- Haason Reddick has 12.5 sacks to pace the team through 15 games, and also has 14.0 TFL and 57 tackles.
- Jordan Hicks is the team's top-tackler through 15 games this year. He's totaled 113 tackles and 11.0 TFL.
- Patrick Peterson has a team-leading three interceptions to go along with 57 tackles and eight passes defended over 15 games.
Cardinals: Maxx Williams: Questionable (Ankle), Budda Baker: Questionable (Neck), Chase Edmonds: Questionable (Hip), Darrell Daniels: Questionable (Hamstring), Larry Fitzgerald: Questionable (Groin)
Rams Key Players
- Jared Goff has been a dual threat to lead Los Angeles in both passing and rushing. He has 3,951 passing yards (263.4 ypg), completing 67% of his passes and throwing touchdown 20 passes and 13 interceptions over the course of 15 games this season. He's rushed for 99 yards (6.6 ypg) on 51 carries with four rushing touchdowns.
- Cam Akers' team-high 591 rushing yards (49.3 per game) have come on 124 carries, with two touchdowns in 12 games this year.
- Robert Woods' team-high 899 receiving yards (59.9 yards per game) have come on 86 receptions (and 123 targets) with six touchdowns through 15 games.
- Josh Reynolds has put together a 589-yard season so far (39.3 yards per game) with two touchdowns, hauling in 48 passes on 75 targets in 15 games.
- Tyler Higbee's 41 grabs (on 56 targets) have netted him 481 yards (34.4 ypg) and five touchdowns through 14 games played.
- Aaron Donald leads the team with 13.5 sacks through 15 games, and also has 12.0 TFL and 41 tackles.
- John Johnson, Los Angeles' tackle leader, has 98 tackles, 2.0 TFL, and one interception in 15 games this year.
- Darious Williams has picked off a team-leading four passes. He also has 39 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and 14 passes defended to his name over 15 games.
Rams: Cam Akers: Questionable (Ankle), Jared Goff: Out (Thumb), Micah Kiser: Out (Knee), Leonard Floyd: Questionable (Abdomen)