The NFC Wild Card round of the 2020 NFL Playoffs features a matchup between the Chicago Bears (8-8) (who are big, 10.5-point underdogs) and the New Orleans Saints (12-4) on January 10, 2021 at 4:40 PM ET on CBS. The point total is set at 48.0. Make a pick with BetMGM sports betting on Saints vs Bears and other week 1 NFL action HERE.
Where to Watch
- Game Day: Sunday, January 10, 2021
- Game Time: 4:40 PM ET
- TV Channel: CBS
- Location: New Orleans, LA
- Stadium: Mercedes-Benz Superdome
Bet the Game with BetMGM
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Betting on the Saints
- Most of New Orleans' games with a betting line -- 10 out of 16 opportunities -- have gone over the point total (62.5%).
- New Orleans is an even 4-4 against the spread in home games this year, and is 6-2 overall at home.
- New Orleans has a 9-7 record against the spread this year.
- This season, the Saints have covered more games than they didn't when playing as 10.5-point or more favorites, finishing 1-0 ATS in those situations.
- The Saints have put an average of 30.1 points per game on the scoreboard this season, seven more than the 23.1 the Bears have surrendered in each contest.
- In games where New Orleans score at least 30.1 points this season, they are 6-0 overall and 6-0 against the spread.
- When the Chicago defense allows 23.1 points or fewer this year, the Bears have pieced together a 6-2 overall record and a 5-3 record against the spread.
Betting on the Bears
- Half of Chicago's games this year -- eight out of 16 -- have gone over the point total.
- Chicago is 8-8 against the spread.
- Chicago's record against the spread in away games this year is 5-3, and its record on the road overall is 5-3.
- The Saints defense has allowed 21.1 points per game this season, about the same amount as the 23.2 the Bears have scored.
- In games where Chicago scores at least 23.2 points this season, they are 5-2 overall and 5-2 against the spread.
- When New Orleans allows opposing offenses to put 21.1 points or fewer on the scoreboard this year, they are 6-0 overall and 6-0 against the spread.
Betting on the Total - What to Look For
- The average over/under the Saints have had set in matchups this year is 3.2 more points than this outing's point total.
- The average total in Bears games this year is 1.6 fewer points than the point total of 48.0 in this outing.
- The Saints and their opponents have combined to put up more than this matchup's over/under (48.0 points) in 56.2% of their games this season (nine of 16 opportunities).
- Chicago and its opponents have combined to score more than 48.0 points in 50% of their matchups this year (eight of 16 chances).
- The Saints and the Bears combine to average 5.3 more points per game than the over/under of 48.0 set for this matchup.
- The Saints and the Bears have seen their opponents average a combined 3.8 fewer points per game than the point total of 48.0 set for this game.
Saints Key Players
- Drew Brees has 2,942 passing yards (245.2 ypg) to lead New Orleans, completing 70.5% of his passes and collecting touchdown 24 passes and six interceptions in 12 games this season.
- Alvin Kamara has carried the ball 187 times for a team-high 932 yards (58.3 per game), with 16 touchdowns in 16 games this year. He's also caught 83 passes for 756 yards (47.3 per game) and five touchdowns.
- In 16 games this season, Latavius Murray has rushed for 656 yards (41.0 per game) on 146 carries with four touchdowns.
- Emmanuel Sanders has collected 726 yards (45.4 yards per game) and five touchdowns, reeling in 61 passes on 82 targets over 16 games this year.
- Jared Cook's 60 targets have resulted in 37 grabs for 504 yards (33.6 ypg) and seven touchdowns through 15 games played.
- Trey Hendrickson has racked up 13.5 sacks to pace the team through 15 games, while also recording 12.0 TFL and 25 tackles.
- Demario Davis is the team's tackle leader through 16 games this year. He's picked up 118 tackles, 10.0 TFL, and four sacks.
- Malcolm Jenkins has a team-high three interceptions to go along with 91 tackles, 7.0 TFL, 2.5 sacks, and 10 passes defended over 16 games.
Saints: Nick Easton: Out (Concussion), Trey Hendrickson: Out (Neck)
Bears Key Players
- Mitchell Trubisky leads Chicago with 2,055 passing yards (205.5 ypg) on 199-of-297 with 16 touchdowns against eight interceptions over the course of 10 games this season. He also adds 196 rushing yards (19.6 ypg) on 33 carries while scoring one touchdown on the ground.
- David Montgomery's team-high 1,070 rushing yards (71.3 per game) have come on 247 carries, with eight touchdowns in 15 games this year. He's also added 438 yards (29.2 per game) on 54 catches with two touchdowns.
- In 16 games this season, Cordarrelle Patterson has rushed for 232 yards (14.5 per game) on 64 carries with one touchdown.
- Darnell Mooney has reeled in 61 passes (on 98 targets) for 631 yards (39.4 yards per game) and four touchdowns over 16 games this year.
- Anthony Miller's 76 targets have resulted in 49 receptions for 485 yards (30.3 ypg) and two touchdowns through 16 games played.
- Khalil Mack leads the team with 9.0 sacks. He's also the team's tackle leader, and has recorded 11.0 TFL, 50 tackles, and one interception over the course of 16 games.
- Roquan Smith, Chicago's leading tackler, has 140 tackles, 18.0 TFL, four sacks, and two interceptions in 16 games this year.
- Smith has picked off a team-high two passes. He also has 140 tackles, 18.0 TFL, four sacks, and seven passes defended to his name over 16 games.
Bears: Darnell Mooney: Questionable (Ankle), Roquan Smith: Questionable (Elbow), Josh Woods: Questionable (Toe), Buster Skrine: Out (Concussion), Jaylon Johnson: Questionable (Shoulder)