The Tampa Bay Buccaneers (11-5) visit the New Orleans Saints (12-4) in the NFC Divisional round of the 2020 NFL Playoffs as 3-point underdogs on January 17, 2021 at 6:40 PM ET on FOX. The over/under is set at 52.0 for the game. Bet with BetMGM sports betting on Saints vs Buccaneers and other week 2 NFL action HERE.
Where to Watch
- Game Day: Sunday, January 17, 2021
- Game Time: 6:40 PM ET
- TV Channel: FOX
- Location: New Orleans, LA
- Stadium: Mercedes-Benz Superdome
BetMGM NFL betting odds
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Betting on the Saints
- New Orleans’ record against the spread in home games this year is an even 4-4, and its record at home overall is 6-2.
- New Orleans has a 9-7 record against the spread this year.
- This season, the Saints have covered more games than they didn’t when playing as 3.0-point or more favorites, finishing 8-6 ATS in those situations.
- The majority of New Orleans’ games with a betting line — 10 out of 16 opportunities — have gone over the point total (62.5%).
- The Saints have put an average of 30.1 points per game on the scoreboard this season, 7.9 more than the 22.2 the Buccaneers have surrendered in each contest.
- When they meet or go over their scoring average this season, New Orleans is 6-0 and 6-0 against the spread.
- When the Tampa Bay defense allows 22.2 points or fewer this year, the Buccaneers have put together a 6-1 overall record and a 6-1 record against the spread.
Betting on the Buccaneers
- Tampa Bay’s games have hit the over in nine out of 16 opportunities this season (56.2%).
- Tampa Bay has a 9-7 record against the spread.
- The Buccaneers are 7-6 ATS when an underdog by at least 3.0 points.
- The Buccaneers have averaged 9.7 more points this season (30.8) than the Saints have allowed (21.1).
- Tampa Bay is 8-0 overall and 6-2 against the spread when they score at least 30.8 points this season.
- When New Orleans allows opposing offenses to put 21.1 points or fewer on the scoreboard this year, they are 6-0 overall and 6-0 against the spread.
- Tampa Bay has an even 4-4 record against the spread on the road this year, and is 6-2 overall in away games.
Betting on the Total – What to Look For
- The Saints and their opponents have combined for 52.0 points — this matchup’s point total — in seven of 16 opportunities (43.8%) this season.
- In seven of 16 games (43.8%) this season, Tampa Bay and its opponents have combined to score more than 52.0 points.
- The Saints and the Buccaneers combine to average 8.9 more points per game than the over/under of 52.0 set for this game.
- The Saints and the Buccaneers have seen their opponents average a combined 8.7 fewer points per game than the over/under of 52.0 set for this matchup.
- The average total the Saints have had set in games this year is 0.8 less points than this outing’s point total.
- The average point total for the Buccaneers this year is 0.9 points higher than this game’s over/under.
Saints Key Players
- Drew Brees leads New Orleans with 2,942 passing yards (245.2 ypg) on 275-of-390 with 24 touchdowns against six interceptions over the course of 12 games this season.
- The team’s top rusher, Alvin Kamara, has carried the ball 187 times for 932 yards (58.3 per game), with 16 touchdowns in 16 games this year. He’s proven to be a dual threat, hauling in 756 receiving yards 47.3 per game) on 83 catches (with five receiving touchdowns).
- In 16 games this season, Latavius Murray has piled up 656 yards (41.0 per game) on 146 carries with four touchdowns.
- Emmanuel Sanders has put together a 726-yard season so far (45.4 yards per game) with five touchdowns, hauling in 61 passes on 82 targets over 16 games.
- Jared Cook’s 60 targets have resulted in 37 catches for 504 yards (33.6 ypg) and seven touchdowns through 15 games played.
- Trey Hendrickson has 13.5 sacks to lead the team through 15 games, and also has 12.0 TFL and 25 tackles.
- Demario Davis is the team’s top-tackler through 16 games this year. He’s picked up 118 tackles, 10.0 TFL, and four sacks.
- Marcus Williams has a team-high three interceptions to go along with 59 tackles and seven passes defended over 14 games.
Will Clapp: Questionable (Not Injury Related),
Latavius Murray: Questionable (Quadricep),
Patrick Robinson: Out (Hamstring),
Taysom Hill: Questionable (Knee)
Buccaneers Key Players
- Tom Brady leads Tampa Bay with 4,633 passing yards (289.6 ypg) on 401-of-610 with 40 touchdowns against 12 interceptions over the course of 16 games this season.
- The team’s top rusher, Ronald Jones II, has carried the ball 192 times for 978 yards (61.1 per game), with seven touchdowns in 16 games this year. He’s proven to be a dual threat, hauling in 165 receiving yards (10.3 per game) on 28 catches with one receiving touchdown.
- In 13 games this season, Leonard Fournette has piled up 367 yards (28.2 per game) on 97 attempts with six touchdowns, while also catching 36 passes for 233 yards (17.9 per game).
- Chris Godwin has hauled in 65 passes (on 84 targets) for 840 yards (70.0 yards per game) and seven touchdowns over 12 games this year.
- Rob Gronkowski’s 45 receptions (on 77 targets) have netted him 623 yards (38.9 ypg) and seven touchdowns through 16 games played.
- Jason Pierre-Paul leads, who paces the team in sacks and tackles, has recorded 9.5 sacks, 7.0 TFL, 55 tackles, and two interceptions over the course of 16 games.
- Devin White, Tampa Bay’s top-tackler, has 140 tackles, 15.0 TFL, and 9.0 sacks in 16 games this year.
- Carlton Davis has picked off a team-leading four passes. He also has 68 tackles, 3.0 TFL, and 18 passes defended to his name over 14 games.
Jordan Whitehead: Questionable (Knee),
Ronald Jones II: Questionable (Quadricep),
Andrew Adams: Questionable (Not Injury Related),
Jeremiah Ledbetter: Out (Calf)