The New Orleans Saints (11-4) visit the Carolina Panthers (5-10) on Sunday, January 3, 2021 in matchup between NFC South rivals at Bank of America Stadium. Carolina is a 6.0-point underdog. The point total is set at 46.5 for the outing. Place your wager with BetMGM's online sportsbook on Saints vs Panthers and other week 17 NFL action HERE.
Where to Watch
- Game Day: Sunday, January 3, 2021
- Game Time: 4:25 PM ET
- TV Channel: FOX
- Location: Charlotte, NC
- Stadium: Bank of America Stadium
Online Betting with BetMGM
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Betting on the Saints
- New Orleans has an 8-7 record against the spread this year.
- This season, the Saints have an ATS record of 3-3 when projected as at least 6.0-point favorites.
- This season, New Orleans' games have gone over the point total in 10 out of 15 opportunities.
- The Saints have put an average of 29.9 points per game on the scoreboard this season, 5.3 more than the 24.6 the Panthers have surrendered in each contest.
- When they meet or go over their scoring average this season, New Orleans is 6-1 and 5-2 against the spread.
- When the Carolina defense allows 24.6 points or fewer this year, the Panthers have accumulated a 5-2 overall record and a 6-1 record against the spread.
- New Orleans' record against the spread in away games this year is 4-3, and its record on the road overall is 5-2.
Betting on the Panthers
- Carolina has a 9-6 record against the spread.
- Carolina's games have gone over the point total in seven out of 15 opportunities this season (46.7%).
- The Saints defense has allowed 22 points per game this season, close to the same amount as the 22.9 the Panthers have scored.
- Carolina is 2-6 overall and 5-3 against the spread when they score at least 22.9 points this season.
- When New Orleans allows opposing offenses to put 22 points or fewer on the scoreboard this year, they are 5-0 overall and 5-0 against the spread.
- Carolina has just a 2-5 record against the spread at home this year, and is 2-5 overall in home games.
Betting on the Total - What to Look For
- In 60% of their games this season (nine of 15 chances), the Saints and their opponents have scored more than this matchup's over/under of 46.5 points.
- In eight of 15 opportunities (53.3%) this season, Carolina has combined with its opponents to score at least 46.5 points.
- The two teams average a combined 6.3 more points per game (52.8) than this game's total of 46.5 points.
- The Saints and the Panthers have seen their opponents average a combined 0.1 more points per game than the over/under of 46.5 set in this game.
- The average point total for Saints games this year is 5.4 more points than the over/under of 46.5 in this matchup.
- Panthers games this season have averaged a total of 47.5 points, 1.0 more than the point total in this matchup.
Saints Key Players
- Drew Brees has 2,741 passing yards (249.2 ypg) to lead New Orleans, completing 70.7% of his passes and recording touchdown 21 passes and six interceptions over the course of 11 games this season.
- Taysom Hill has carried the ball 80 times for a team-high 418 yards (27.9 per game), with seven touchdowns in 15 games this year.
- In four games this season, Tommylee Lewis has collected 16 yards (4.0 per game) on one attempts.
- Emmanuel Sanders' team-high 663 receiving yards (44.2 yards per game) have come on 52 catches (and 69 targets) with four touchdowns through 15 games.
- Jared Cook has put up a 461-yard season so far (32.9 yards per game) with six touchdowns, reeling in 33 passes on 55 targets in 14 games.
- Adam Trautman's 14 receptions have yielded 166 yards (11.9 ypg) and one touchdown through 14 games played. He's been targeted 15 times.
- Trey Hendrickson has collected 12.5 sacks to pace the team through 14 games, while also picking up 11.0 TFL and 24 tackles.
- Demario Davis is the team's tackle leader through 15 games this year. He's picked up 113 tackles, 10.0 TFL, and four sacks.
- Janoris Jenkins has picked off a team-leading three passes. He also has 49 tackles, 2.0 TFL, and 11 passes defended to his name over 12 games.
Saints:Marcus Williams: Out (Ankle),Josh Hill: Out (Hand)
Panthers Key Players
- Teddy Bridgewater has 3,558 passing yards (254.1 ypg) to lead Carolina, completing 69.6% of his passes and throwing touchdown 15 passes and nine interceptions over the course of 14 games this season. He's also contributed on the ground with 272 rushing yards (19.4 ypg) on 50 carries with five rushing touchdowns.
- Mike Davis' team-high 642 rushing yards (42.8 per game) have come on 165 carries, with six touchdowns in 15 games this year. He's also tacked on 59 catches for 373 yards (24.9 per game) and two touchdowns.
- In 14 games this season, Bridgewater has racked up 272 yards (19.4 per game) on 50 attempts with five touchdowns.
- D.J. Moore's team-high 1,092 receiving yards (72.8 yards per game) have come on 61 catches (and 107 targets) with four touchdowns through 15 games.
- Robby Anderson has hauled in 92 passes (on 131 targets) for 1,057 yards (70.5 yards per game) and three touchdowns in 15 games this year.
- Curtis Samuel's 70 grabs (on 86 targets) have netted him 733 yards (52.4 ypg) and three touchdowns through 14 games played.
- Brian Burns has 8.0 sacks to pace the team through 15 games, and also has 8.0 TFL and 59 tackles.
- Jeremy Chinn, Carolina's tackle leader, has 108 tackles, 2.0 TFL, one sack, and one interception in 14 games this year.
Panthers:Troy Pride Jr.: Doubtful (Hip),Brian Burns: Doubtful (Shoulder),Russell Okung: Doubtful (Calf),Mike Davis: Doubtful (Ankle),Christian McCaffrey: Doubtful (Thigh),Efe Obada: Questionable (Shoulder),Yetur Gross-Matos: Questionable (Shoulder),Austin Larkin: Questionable (Shoulder)